So Rae Carruth will be a free man in 2018..

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I was too young to recall this, backstory for anyone else who didnt know

On November 16, 1999, near Carruth's home in Charlotte, North Carolina, Cherica Adams, a real estate agent he had been casually dating, was shot four times by Van Brett Watkins Sr., a night club manager and a friend of Carruth. Adams managed to call 911, and said that Carruth had stopped his vehicle in front of hers, and that another vehicle drove alongside and its passenger had shot her. Carruth then drove away from the scene.[4]

Adams was eight months pregnant with Carruth's child at the time. Soon after her admission to the hospital, she fell into a coma.[4]Doctors saved the child (later named Chancellor Lee Adams) via an emergency cesarean section.

Carruth went to the police and posted a $3 million bail, on condition that if either Adams or the infant died, he would turn himself in.[4] After Adams died, however, he fled.

Carruth was captured on December 15 in western Tennessee,[5] found hiding in the trunk of a car outside a motel in Parkers Crossroads. Also in the trunk was $3,900 cash, bottles of his urine, extra clothes, candy bars, and a cell phone. The Panthers waived him on December 16,[6] citing a morals clause in his contract.

At trial, prosecutors contended that Carruth hired Watkins and others to murder Adams because of her refusal to abort their unborn child.[citation needed] The defense claimed Carruth had been caught up in a drug deal gone bad. They claimed that on the night of the shooting, after Carruth had refused to fund the drug deal, Watkins shot Adams in a sudden rage when she "flipped him off" after he had attempted to ask her about Carruth's whereabouts.[7]

Carruth was found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder, shooting into an occupied vehicle, and using an instrument to destroy an unborn child. He was sentenced to 18 to 24 years in prison. He was found not guilty of first-degree murder, and so was spared the death penalty. He is serving the sentence at Harnett Correctional Institution in Lillington, North Carolina, with a projected release date of October 22, 2018.[1]

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I remember the coverage of his trial

nikka had a stable of hoes show up to court..reporters were :takedat::takedat::takedat::takedat: @ the quality of black women that came through to testify about their relationships with him

Threw away a career, murdered an innocent woman, and destroyed his unborn baby's life and for what some child support?

What a fukk nikka

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I remember the coverage of his trial

nikka had a stable of hoes show up to court..reporters were :takedat::takedat::takedat::takedat: @ the quality of black women that came through to testify about their relationships with him

Threw away a career, murdered an innocent woman, and destroyed his unborn baby's life and for what some child support?

What a fukk nikka

the girl was beautiful too, boy got issues