So we ALL are taking advantage of that UDEMY sale right?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Black people love taking classes, but what's your plan to make money off this?

you think people are taking these classes just for fun?:patrice:

I've taught myself some skills from classes like those and the minute I update my resume and upload it to dice with the new skills listed I get different recruiters calling with opportunities that were not available to me before.

Just today me and 3 guys who I'm cool with were drawing up plans for our startup business idea which would run off AWS... Which I've learned from Udemy.

I don't know which black people you speak of, doggy. No one is taking classes just for fun.

So when learning opportunities like Udemy come up where you can add more skills to your repertoire for $10 you do it.

Last edited:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Those who copped...how's it goin?
I learned Ansible. Combined that with the Linux skills I already had and my skill set is more marketable.

Didn't even finish 100% of the class yet . I was 3/4 of the way done with the project and I updated my resume listing Ansible as a skill.

Got me a new job with (overall) $19.6K raise working for GE Digital now (General Electric) and still got recruiters calling me left and right for devOps opportunities.
Yeah we're just doing this for fun,@Momentum and @Serious :troll:
"Black people love taking classes"

Last edited:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I learned Ansible. Combined that with the Linux skills I already had and my skill set is more marketable.

Didn't even finish 100% of the class yet . I was 3/4 of the way done with the project and I updated my resume listing Ansible as a skill.

Got me a new job with (overall) $19.6K raise working for GE Digital now (General Electric) and still got recruiters calling me left and right for devOps opportunities.
:whew:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Ansible is great. I do other configuration management.

I did Openstack for years and companies are backing out of it.

AWS or Google Cloud breh. You're eating good though breh ! :takedat:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Ansible is great. I do other configuration management.

I did Openstack for years and companies are backing out of it.

AWS or Google Cloud breh. You're eating good though breh ! :takedat:
Im already learning AWS. Im actually building a Kanboard project for a non-profit organization to help them with toms of their projects. Doing it pro-bono for the experience. I've always known Linux and learned some AWS from Udemy.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I started an Angular course but it was outdated. Luckily I found one that seems to be more current, so I'm starting to work through that.

Here's a tip: we ain't paying for shyt out here. Not a god damn thing. Google search for 100% off Udemy courses coupons. You'll find $200 courses for free. This past weekend I enrolled in about $2,000+ worth of courses. Obviously you aren't going to find every course relevant to you, but you can find stuff in other areas you may be interested in and it didn't cost you anything.