• WARD by SPLIT DECISION

• WARD by UNANIMOUS DECISION

Results are only viewable after voting.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
When he fought a whole fight southpaw agains a southpaw Olympian gold medalist beating him with ease and when Kellerman asked why he chose to cone out like that he said "That's my ring. I do what I want there" :pachaha:

How dare these mortals challenge him w their primitive skills

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
Andre is an infinitely better and more skilled boxer than AJ, but the difference in weight might be too much to overcome.

AJ is built like Clark Kent.

breh, there's very few fighters i think can take on much bigger fighters and ward is one of them. im not impressed with any of these heavyweights today. don't get me wrong, joshua is cool but i don't see no lennox, no prime wlad, in other words a so called heavyweight who know how to use their size with they jab and they reach.

kovalev was a problem for ward not because of his reach and size but he knew how to box. there were some times he countered and made ward missed. honestly, north of 175 who do you think would give ward the same problems kovalev gave him.? all those dudes are just big, i really feel like nobody in the higher weights can do what kovalev did to ward.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
ward whooped kovalev ass this fight can't believe some of these score cards, ref shouldn't had stopped, robbed ward of knocking kovalev smooth the fukk out threw the ropes

The knee injury clearly limited ward in the first fight, he made no excuses
the lateral movement was there this fight and it showed, his defense was on point
only reason he got hit was because he was going for the KO like Hunter trained him for
so he had to take some shyts to land the punches he need to land to get him up outta there

dominate performance, paulie was buggin, those score cards were a joke, fight was not close at all

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
"Ward needs to hit him with something big to get his respect in round 1 Jim" - Roy Jones Jr

wNKnwnA.gif

rnd 1

c5ViE49.gif

Looking like a young BHop stealing the right hand :mjgrin:

z5wZL9Q.gif

rnd 4 out jabbin the jabber

beginning of the end :ahh:

rQmNlmS.gif

DLWC2Z7.gif

:ahh:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
ward whooped kovalev ass this fight can't believe some of these score cards, ref shouldn't had stopped, robbed ward of knocking kovalev smooth the fukk out threw the ropes

The knee injury clearly limited ward in the first fight, he made no excuses
the lateral movement was there this fight and it showed, his defense was on point
only reason he got hit was because he was going for the KO like Hunter trained him for
so he had to take some shyts to land the punches he need to land to get him up outta there

dominate performance, paulie was buggin, those score cards were a joke, fight was not close at all

5-2 if you were being generous to kkkov I had it 6-1.

nikka beat Froch w one arm and kkkov with one knee :damn:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Andre Ward, a fighter, finishes Sergey Kovalev, the bogeyman
Bart Barry June 19, 2017 Leave a comment

By Bart Barry-
Andre-ward-300x220.jpg

Saturday at Mandalay Bay, in a rematch barely anticipated for being unpromoted, American Andre Ward defended his super middleweight championship by stopping Russian Sergey Kovalev at 2:29 of round 8. Aficionados will litigate the finale for a long while because, bereft of reliably violent spectacles these last five years, aficionados have evolved into a litigious, petty bunch.

Here’s how the match ended: One man, contracted to fight, bent himself at the waist, perched himself on the ropes, and silently beseeched the referee to intervene. The other man contracted to fight threw haymakers at his opponent’s midsection until the referee made him stop. Because this was a fight, the man who kept fighting won, and the man who stopped fighting lost. If you’re looking for more nuance than that, stop reading this and go watch HBO replays with the volume turned up.

There is something uniquely nauseating about a man who uses the word “unfair” to describe his plight. It implies both a lack of volition and a childish belief some parental figure or other is supposed to ensure outcomes correspond to his wishes – whether those wishes are for fairplay or preferential rulings or a compliant media. It is an expression of weakness that says: “Whoever was supposed to protect me from the unfavorable didn’t, and I had to fend for myself, and I couldn’t, and it’s not my fault.” It’s a speech difficult to abide from a toddler and impossible to respect from a man.

Immediately after being folded in two by an opponent whose career he promised to end violently, Kovalev didn’t use the word “unfair” – and the charitable interpretation of this is that he has enough character, enough masculinity, not to do so. The uncharitable explanation is that he lacks the vocabulary. For, at various moments in the fight, Kovalev did wear the mien of a man whose mind cycled through the Russian word for “unfair” way more than a prizefighter’s should.

In the first match of what will not be a trilogy Kovalev dropped Ward, and Ward wore the customary look of surprise – lead actor in a theater of the absurd – every great fighter wears whenever he gets dropped. Ward was not prepared for what happened but soon regained, through some combination of character and great conditioning, sufficient semblance of himself to neutralize Kovalev’s attack just enough to get to his corner and 60 seconds of refuge. By comparison to Ward, Kovalev looked singularly unprepared for the experience of pain and fatigue he felt in Saturday’s eighth round.

Did Ward’s punches land below the upper line of Kovalev’s silvertrimmed trunks? Yes. Did they land below Kovalev’s bellybutton? Maybe. Did they land on Kovalev’s testicles? No.

The universal remedy taught in every gym in the world for a man who hits you low is to repay him with the same coin. This is prizefighting, after all, not boxing, and when you are paid 40 or so times a workingman’s salary to entertain workingmen with your savagery you forfeit some of the appellate processes afforded lawyers and bankers, see; you are expected to remedy most injustices with your own hands. Heaven knows Tony Weeks would’ve allowed it. Weeks is a fight-friendly ref – part of the reason Marcos Maidana roughedup Floyd Mayweather three years ago, part of the reason Ward broke Kovalev in half Saturday, and all of the reason Kenny Bayless was in the ring for Mayweather-Maidana 2.

One of the qualities that make Ward a great prizefighter where Kovalev is a good one is the men’s differing reactions to what adversity happens when their opponents break rules. Kovalev struck Ward behind the head a number of times in the match, and each time sharpened Ward’s concentration on the objective of giving Kovalev commensurate pain. Ward struck Kovalev lower than Kovalev expected to be struck a number of times in the match, and each time sharpened Kovalev’s concentration on the inadequacy of the referee’s reaction. “Krusher” Kovalev, the man who would beat Ward till he could no longer support his family with prizefighting, lowered his hands and lowered his head and winced and turned his back – overcome with pain and an acute sense of unfairness.

Again, if your fortune is made pandering to Americans’ lasting fears of psychopathic Soviets, you don’t get to sit on the lower ropes, arms crisscrossing your belly and a look of betrayal on your face, while a guy from Oakland wales the daylights out of you – it’s catastrophic to your brand.

Writing of brands, since that’s the thing these days, Krusher will probably be back on HBO before Ward is because HBO no longer has the money or energy to do better; Kovalev can fire his American trainer, import some legendary coach from Chelyabinsk, go back to hipthrusting at overmatched opponents for reliable purses, conduct ferocious postfight-interview callouts at men who’ve no reason to fight him, and dance nimbly round the fact his career’s defining win came against someone two months from his 50th birthday.

For Ward the future is trickier. A unification match with Adonis Stevenson is the best idea, but Stevenson’s understandable fidelity to Showtime (who else’d’ve paid him to fight such challengers?) is an obstacle only pay-per-view revenue might surmount. Trouble is, Ward’s not a pay-per-view draw, and everyone in the fight game knows it except Ward and his promoter. Ward’s not a ticketseller or a salesman, a very good commentator or interview. Honestly, he’s not much of an an entertainer of any sort.

But he is one hell of a fighter.

That’s worth more than the sum of every other thing.

Bart Barry can be reached via Twitter @bartbarry

:bryan::damn:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
breh, there's very few fighters i think can take on much bigger fighters and ward is one of them. im not impressed with any of these heavyweights today. don't get me wrong, joshua is cool but i don't see no lennox, no prime wlad, in other words a so called heavyweight who know how to use their size with they jab and they reach.

kovalev was a problem for ward not because of his reach and size but he knew how to box. there were some times he countered and made ward missed. honestly, north of 175 who do you think would give ward the same problems kovalev gave him.? all those dudes are just big, i really feel like nobody in the higher weights can do what kovalev did to ward.
HW is a whole different animal, but unless the size difference is too much no one at CW is even close to Ward's skill level, I wouldn't be surprised to see him do real well vs. those fighters. But as someone said before, other than showing out to hard core fans there is no incentive to fight at CW because there isn't any real money.

Stevenson and Beterbiev are still great fights available at 175. Ward would have to be the prohibitive favorite in both. Not sure Stevenson would want to come out to play.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
https://sundaypuncher.com/when-one-...the-aftermath-of-ward-kovalev-ii-f654e45e3500

When One Man’s Bite Trumps Another Man’s Bark – The Aftermath of Ward Kovalev II
Not without inevitable controversy, but Andre Ward puts a brutal exclamation point on a heated and high-skilled tussle in the Las Vegas desert
Heading into this hotly anticipated early Summer return, both Andre Ward and Sergey Kovalev were fuelled by a desire for vindication.

For the champion he needed to once again produce a high level display of boxing which would shun the persistent doubters of his claim to being recognized as the sport’s best fighter. For Kovalev, he was operating in a realm which he (rightly or wrongly) felt was set up for him to fail once again, having been on a end of a decision which robbed him of his light heavyweight belt. The three American judges and the American referee were meant to be an oversight – Kovalev vowed to end Ward’s career, Ward vowed to punish his foe for his frequent demonstrations of disrespect and bigotry.

What we ended up with was a conclusion which provided a rare blend of injustice immersed with inevitability.

In the opening there was little to split them in a chess match equivalent to a round thirteen of the first fight. Kovalev’s activity and use of the jab was preferable to some, however he was unable to hurt Ward like in the first fight and the trading of body shots worked against him.

Ward’s physical strength and durability was noticeably improved. He refused to let himself be positioned around the ring by his foe’s power punches – as was the case early on in the opening fight. Going into the middle stages of the fight, whilst Kovalev was merely trigger happy with his jab and right hand, Ward introduced a key game changer – letting his right hand go with success, a weapon seldom seen by the American in years. It landed clean and frequently on Kovalev and it eventually served as the opening sequence for the fight’s conclusion.

And said conclusion will be debated endlessly in the coming days and weeks depending on where one’s allegiance lays. The starting sequence involved a legal body shot early in the 8th round which hurt Kovalev (despite his protests that it was low) followed by a perfect right hand by Ward, which left Kovalev hanging on for dear life. But after a 30 second flurry by Ward in pursuit of a stoppage, the ending left hand blow which prompted referee Tony Weeks to bring a halt to proceedings was visibly below the belt line and caused Kovalev to fully bend down as natural to getting hit in “that” region.

Ward had been warned late in the second round for hitting below the belt and went borderline several times afterwards, much to Kovalev’s dismay. Weeks was in a perfect position to see and call the final shot before taking a point away from Ward. Had he done this, Kovalev would have been given a maximum of 5 minutes to recuperate and recompose – fight changing? Difficult to say, but bottom line is that Weeks messed up.

Nonetheless, Kovalev at this stage of the fight cut an almost helpless figure inside the squared circle, petulantly protesting to Weeks and gasping for air like he did in the opening battle between these two. Ward did bend the rules, but it was far from being the forced vasectomy that was depicted by the Russian’s body language.

However the claim that “Ward was on his way to a convincing victory” (used to refute claims of wrongdoing in the fight’s ending) while perfectly plausible, is effectively a non-argument as their are countless examples of spent fighters who have been able to resurge down the stretch of battles or fighters who were still penalised for fouling their way to a stoppage victory. Would Jose Uzcatezgui be able to use the excuse that Andre Dirrell was fading to claim that he shouldn’t have been disqualified in their fight last month? Highly doubtful. Was it in the best interest of all involved parties to let the fight reach a more natural definitive conclusion? Absolutely.

But above all the most important take away from this rematch is, in spite of the ending, how Andre Ward managed to conclusively topple the proud mystique of Sergey Kovalev.

For all of the pre-fight promises to “end Ward’s career”, to “kick his (Ward’s) ass”, Kovalev was “out-manned” in the fight. He should have known that Ward is a win at all costs competitor who likes to bend the rules and simultaneously understands that it’s not the fighter’s job to enforce the rules.

When a fighter with laudable mental toughness and sinister motives finds himself in that situation, he takes matters into his own hands and strikes back when necessary — Kovalev didn’t. He assumed the role of the proverbial flat track bully, going into his shell, looking for a brief reprieve and was found wanting by one of the toughest fighters in the game. He may feel upset about the ending but the seemingly impenetrable aura of the “Krusher” crumbled in the public eye amidst the bright lights for the world to see.

He now faces a long road back mentally to the heights he scaled in the space of 5 years – as the new fearsome kid on the block, intimidating outside the ring and formidable inside of it.

For the mentally unflappable victor, there was much glory to revel in once the dust settled. Once again we saw Andre Ward’s most redeeming in ring quality – the demonstration of will instead of skill, place him in an elite tier that Kovalev simply cannot get to. On this night, his bite proved to be much more powerful than Kovalev’s bark.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
c5ViE49.gif

Looking like a young BHop stealing the gright hand :mjgrin:

yes steal your right hand and put your head down and go under check hooks.

nH6hbrH.gif

qzR3WWL.gif

He hits like a girl though :mjgrin:

what ward does wrong is push his right hands.

QRleRRo.gif

when you push your right hand from your chest you make it come out ahead of your hip rotation. your right hand and your hip rotation have to be one motion.

d76mMrH.gif

punch with your hips not your arms.

X9xyJ5s.gif

ward is a converted southpaw and i think converted southpaws have a tendency to push right hands. miguel cotto and oscar de la hoya are converted southpaws and they push their right hands. but there is a thing converted southpaws tend to have in common. good jabs.

man that shyt was vicious. if anybody ever asks what punching through the target means i'ma show em this clip. ward's follow through:whoo:
very good weight transfer over the front leg and very good follow through.

Last edited:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
When he fought a whole fight southpaw agains a southpaw Olympian gold medalist beating him with ease and when Kellerman asked why he chose to cone out like that he said "That's my ring. I do what I want there" :pachaha:
lazy_placeholder.gif
The shyt that kills me is how bored he looked when he said it. " I do what I want" :ehh:
He's turning into the Loki of boxing. The trickster gawd
5922538dedaf1.image.jpg

Last edited:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did y'all already discuss Hauser lobbying on behalf of Duva to get Ward disqualified? What kind of sucker shyt is this, Ward needs to take his business to Showtime.