Sohh Drake's new album has sparked a USA vs UK beef :mjgrin:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
They have a point. nikkas in the US hate anything that sounds foreign to their ears unless it's from the Carribean.

That's true but we kinda get to do that because these are American artforms that were developed here. It is what it is.

Hip-Hop just don't sound "right" coming from a non-American accent, I'm sorry but that's just the truth.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
100% agree when it comes to the role AA played when it comes to music and it's (sub) cultures.The last 80 yrs or so AA have been at the forefront of every major musical development,the blues scale is a testament to that legacy.What I do have a problem with is this monolitic standpoint on the culture part.Hip Hop is as good an example as any.The way records were played,the way parties were functioning and the people involved in the creation of what would become hip hop did that because of the influence they felt from their parents and the respective cultures and countries they came from.So to say hip hop uclture is 100% an AA invention is a flat out lie.Ask Herc,or Bam or Jazzy Jay or any of the originators and they will be the first to tell you they were influenced by a range of cultures and musical styles.Hell the first wave of hiphop was some straight Euro synth pop jacking from groups like Kraftwerk and Yellow Orchestra for example.Arthur Baker(a cac) was instrumental in the early days and I can trace the origins of house for example straight back to disco,which also was an amalgamation of different styles of music(that whole 4 on the floor ish).Frankie Knuckles would tell you no different,Farley would tell you no different.Pride in the culture is commendable but know your facts and speak accordingly when discussing a culture that is way bigger then your block or state..just my 2 cents..

Therht

Pro
Daps
:hhh:

:mjlol:You do realize that the lil yatchys of the world aren't taking seriously and most likely flame out (Trinidad James) Kendrick is the us biggest star in rap and he'll flame any U.K. rapper and :russ: at you'll having the streets on lock only time we listen to you'll is when we're forced to while playing 2k
Kendrick AINT GOT ONE STREET RECORD BREH :russ:

Don't worry... U GON BE ALRIGHTTT! :mjlol:

/

Your scene getting press right now for bein full a drugged up illetrate millennial fukk boys :mjcry:

Our scene outchea getting global love for bein that new new :blessed:

Sucks to be you breh :sadcam:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
100% agree when it comes to the role AA played when it comes to music and it's (sub) cultures.The last 80 yrs or so AA have been at the forefront of every major musical development,the blues scale is a testament to that legacy.What I do have a problem with is this monolitic standpoint on the culture part.Hip Hop is as good an example as any.The way records were played,the way parties were functioning and the people involved in the creation of what would become hip hop did that because of the influence they felt from their parents and the respective cultures and countries they came from.So to say hip hop uclture is 100% an AA invention is a flat out lie.Ask Herc,or Bam or Jazzy Jay or any of the originators and they will be the first to tell you they were influenced by a range of cultures and musical styles.Hell the first wave of hiphop was some straight Euro synth pop jacking from groups like Kraftwerk and Yellow Orchestra for example.Arthur Baker(a cac) was instrumental in the early days and I can trace the origins of house for example straight back to disco,which also was an amalgamation of different styles of music(that whole 4 on the floor ish).Frankie Knuckles would tell you no different,Farley would tell you no different.Pride in the culture is commendable but know your facts and speak accordingly when discussing a culture that is way bigger then your block or state..just my 2 cents..

I dont think anyone was saying this

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

/

Your scene getting press right now for bein full a drugged up illetrate millennial fukk boys :mjcry:

:mjlol:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child

/

Kendrick definitely had some joints the streets loved. How you gonna tell us what the streets love alllllllll the way over in the UK?:usure:

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
I dont think anyone was saying this
it was alluded to in a couple of posts,not outright but i can read,both between and in between lines.Iike i said,AA culture is definitely dominant when it comes to music,fashion and influence but i know it also borrows heavy from it's origins and that is the entire diaspora of black folk,descendants of slaves in the caribbean and southern states in the US.Just feels weird when i see AA's clowning and ridiculing when they ought to know better.But opinions and a$$holes have a lot in common so i accept it for what it is.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
it was alluded to in a couple of posts,not outright but i can read,both between and in between lines.Iike i said,AA culture is definitely dominant when it comes to music,fashion and influence but i know it also borrows heavy from it's origins and that is the entire diaspora of black folk,descendants of slaves in the caribbean and southern states in the US.Just feels weird when i see AA's clowning and ridiculing when they ought to know better.But opinions and a$$holes have a lot in common so i accept it for what it is.
A common theme is that other groups are allowed to have culture all to themselves besides AA's
People were crediting hip hop to jamaicans erroneously via because of herc,which is false
All Black american artforms are rooted in the south including hip hop

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

the first wave of hiphop was disco rap

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
the first wave of hiphop was disco rap
I did not use the term hip hop just because...people like DJ Hollywood drew a line in the sand when comparing their style to the more eclectic sounds emerging.The first wave of hiphop was highly influenced by those mentioned in my post, the first rappers were rapping on breaks and disco.first wave of rap, not hip hop, i look at them different, but you have a point there.