Sohh These Youtubers Are Really Making Millions Like That? Wow!

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
The 10 highest-earning YouTube stars made $70.5 million in 2016

Teens used to dream of being movie stars, sauntering down red carpets in glamorous dresses before a glittering sea of paparazzi cameras. By and large, today’s youth aspire to YouTube stardom.

Operating a successful YouTube channel is no easy feat. The video sharing site has over 1 billion users and the average account sports just 238 subscribers. Even semi-successful YouTube partners with thousands of subscribers struggle to make a few hundred bucks a month from ads.

But YouTube’s super-users — the A-list celebs of the internet — rake in some serious dough. Here’s how the 10 most profitable users fared in 2016:

uyQmpVah.jpg

The list, compiled by the data team at Forbes, measures pre-tax (and pre-management fee) earnings, and draws on information from Nielsen, IMDB, and direct interviews with YouTubers and their agents. These figures include earnings from tours, book deals, feature films, and brand deals. (Roman Atwood, who ranks second here, has a big deal with Scott Toilet Paper, for instance.)

Combined, these 10 channels made an estimated $70.5 million between June 2015 and June 2016. As Forbes reports, this is a 23 percent increase from last year.
9pIxdUJh.jpg

Among the highest earners are rapper Lilly Singh (IISuperwomanII), comedic duo Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla (Smosh), baking enthusiast Rosanna Pansino (Nerdy Nummies), LGBTQ activist Tyler Oakley, and a few gamers — including PewDiePie, who dominates the list at $15 million in annual earnings.

PewDiePie, a Swede by the name of Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg, is YouTube’s undisputed king. He holds the Guinness World Record for most YouTube subscribers (at over 50 million, nobody even comes close), and his channel — mostly featuring snippets of him playing video games and cussing — has attracted more than 13 billion views.
jGLoyuSh.jpg

link: https://www.google.com/amp/www.vox....9/13894186/highest-earning-youtube-stars-2016

This shyt is crazy. Got me thinking on what could've been.

My youtube account started in November 2006. right around the time the PS3 came out and not everybody had it. All I had to do was buy a PS3 and a camera and start recording my shyt back then and I'd be making more than some of these athletes do now. :mjcry: