Solving the homeless problem

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Many other nations do this and it’s cheaper than the crap we have here.

The first thing would be to tell real estate developers to fukk off and build real public housing. Then get rid of all means testing and start treating people after they get residence.

We all know the latter wont happen

This is more realistic because it is rewarding a real estate developer and encouraging slumlords to come about to make a profit on the downtrodden under the guise of public safety and aesthetics.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Hate to say it, but the main problem isn't really just politicians, it's voters.

Most American voters don't want their tax dollars going to pay for "lazy" people who in their view don't want to work (same reason we don't have universal healthcare), and don't want shelters in their neighborhoods.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Hate to say it, but the main problem isn't really just politicians, it's voters.

Most American voters don't want their tax dollars going to pay for "lazy" people who in their view don't want to work (same reason we don't have universal healthcare), don't want shelters in their neighborhoods.
Its not about shelters, its about proper housing.

Americans don't want that though, I do agree because of property value, but we have to give up something to help others.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Its not about shelters, its about proper housing.

Americans don't want that though, I do agree because of property value, but we have to give up something to help others.
That's the thing tho... we dont have to.
We are where we are because we dont.

There's no political will to address the root cause... but you may be able to find support for moving the homeless population out of sight

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

You're yet again posting a Fox News correspondent, and AS ALWAYS, he's manipulating you.

"The 122-unit building for the homeless will include a mix of studio, one, two and three-bedroom apartments, along with ground floor retail and residential and commercial parking spaces."

GL3Nm19bcAAVvbg

That cost for the building includes the entire ground floor being retail space and incorporates a massive commercial and residential parking lot. It's not actually $1 million for each apartment. Also, the majority of the apartments are 2/3 bedroom family units, which Santa Monica pushed for in order to limit density. They could have halved the "per apartment" cost by doing only studios, but that's not what the rich people in Santa Monica would want nor is it necessarily the best policy.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're yet again posting a Fox News correspondent, and AS ALWAYS, he's manipulating you.

"The 122-unit building for the homeless will include a mix of studio, one, two and three-bedroom apartments, along with ground floor retail and residential and commercial parking spaces."

GL3Nm19bcAAVvbg

That cost for the building includes the entire ground floor being retail space and incorporates a massive commercial and residential parking lot. It's not actually $1 million for each apartment. Also, the majority of the apartments are 2/3 bedroom family units, which Santa Monica pushed for in order to limit density. They could have halved the "per apartment" cost by doing only studios, but that's not what the rich people in Santa Monica would want nor is it necessarily the best policy.
yeah, that's just what any business wants. to rent out space under a transient homeless community :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
yeah, that's just what any business wants. to rent out space under a transient homeless community :mjlol:

Notice, as in EVERY one of our conversations, you'll now embark in a constant series of goalpost shifts in order to avoid admitting that your original claim was wrong.

Other than being easily manipulated by Fox News, what made you believe that all those homes are for the "transient homeless community"? I just told you that the majority of the rooms are family units, not single-occupancy.

Going to the actual link, it appears to be a typical affordable housing development for low-income families, low-income seniors, and SOME people transitioning out of homelessness (about 40% of the total units), and there will be 3 case managers working on-site full-time with that community.

Your easily manipulated outrage is especially funny in this case because if you'd ever been to Santa Monica, you'd know that its most popular retail district has ALWAYS been full of homeless people. It's called 3rd Street Promenade and there's always been homeless people and buskers all over that street going at least as far back as the 1990s when I was a teenager. So the idea that commercial retailers would avoid lucrative Santa Monica real estate covered with tourists ready to spend money just because a few dozen formerly homeless people carefully managed by case workers happen to be somewhere upstairs looks especially ignorant.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Notice, as in EVERY one of our conversations, you'll now embark in a constant series of goalpost shifts in order to avoid admitting that your original claim was wrong.

Other than being easily manipulated by Fox News, what made you believe that all those homes are for the "transient homeless community"? I just told you that the majority of the rooms are family units, not single-occupancy.

Going to the actual link, it appears to be a typical affordable housing development for low-income families, low-income seniors, and SOME people transitioning out of homelessness (about 40% of the total units), and there will be 3 case managers working on-site full-time with that community.

Your easily manipulated outrage is especially funny in this case because if you'd ever been to Santa Monica, you'd know that its most popular retail district has ALWAYS been full of homeless people. It's called 3rd Street Promenade and there's always been homeless people and buskers all over that street going at least as far back as the 1990s when I was a teenager. So the idea that commercial retailers would avoid lucrative Santa Monica real estate covered with tourists ready to spend money just because a few dozen formerly homeless people carefully managed by case workers happen to be somewhere upstairs looks especially ignorant.
i gotta hand it to you, breh. you're the greatest Democrat shill i've ever seen :wow:

anything remotely associated with the left, or the Dems, or democrat-run areas, your ability to bootlick it away is just fascinating

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Things like this are a great idea in theory but usually theres bullshyt zoning and building code laws in place that stop it from happening.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
i gotta hand it to you, breh. you're the greatest Democrat shill i've ever seen :wow:

anything remotely associated with the left, or the Dems, or democrat-run areas, your ability to bootlick it away is just fascinating

Like I said, literally every response you have to me is a goalpost shift. You can't defend a single falsehood you made previously, so you have to deflect in a new direction every time I expose you.

I left the Democratic party 15 years ago and have never gone back. There are literally dozens of things I disagree with them on. But every time you read something from Fox News and run obediently to repost it here like their own little lapdog, you're going to get mocked for it, regardless of whether I support the dems or not.

Why not try.....not being an idiot? Doing actual research instead of just reposting Fox News and right-wing nationalist Twitter? See if you improve your posting accuracy rate.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said, literally every response you have to me is a goalpost shift. You can't defend a single falsehood you made previously, so you have to deflect in a new direction every time I expose you.

I left the Democratic party 15 years ago and have never gone back. There are literally dozens of things I disagree with them on. But every time you read something from Fox News and run obediently to repost it here like their own little lapdog, you're going to get mocked for it, regardless of whether I support the dems or not.

Why not try.....not being an idiot? Doing actual research instead of just reposting Fox News and right-wing nationalist Twitter? See if you improve your posting accuracy rate.
because nothing i posted was wrong :mjlol:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm not sure if conflating homelessness with "affordable housing" is helpful