Someone educate a NYC nikka on bay area hip-hop.

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
Its funny how nobody really thought this when he was alive :manny:
That's not true.

"Trying to stay number one without stepping to number two" - Mac Dre

lyrics like this would be completely out of context had this not been the case. He was commonly referred to as a legend, there are many instances of this from his peers while he was alive.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
That's new true.

"Trying to stay number one without stepping to number two" - Mac Dre

lyrics like this would be completely out of context had this not been the case. He was commonly referred to as a legend, there are many instances of this from his peers while he was alive.
I never heard Mac Dre referred to as a legend when he was alive, or rarely heard his albums in the trunk or club, when he was alive.

He BARELY got radio play unlike many other prominent Bay Area rappers.

I used to DJ and was NEVER asked to play a Mac Dre track.

Im just stating what Ive experienced listening to Bay Hip hop in these streets since "to hard for the fukking radio".

This is not a diss..

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
I never heard Mac Dre referred to as a legend when he was alive, or rarely heard his albums in the trunk or club, when he was alive.

He BARELY got radio play unlike many other prominent Bay Area rappers.

I used to DJ and was NEVER asked to play a Mac Dre track.

Im just stating what Ive experienced listening to Bay Hip hop in these streets since "to hard for the fukking radio".

This is not a diss..
How many instances would you like to hear?

Radio play wasn't Mac Dre's territory - he was an independent artist and as you know, after the 1996 Telecommunications Act signed by Bill Clinton - a majority of radio space in major markets was bought up by a few corporations and they then controlled the playlists.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Radio play wasn't Mac Dre's territory - he was an independent artist and as you know, after the 1996 Telecommunications Act signed by Bill Clinton - a majority of radio space in major markets was bought up by a few corporations and they then controlled the playlists.

Plus im pretty sure radio was already dead by then:mjlol:

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...

All of'em prior to his death in 2004. :manny:

And, Yep. I do. Clear Channel came in and crushed the buildings. Thats where the protests about the lack of local music being played began.

Radio play wasnt Dre's territory because he didnt want to do the politics, not to mention if you're not getting requests to get heard..(Ive actually asked Pds/Md's about Dre's lack on airplay on primetime...) yet many other bay Area artists did, some got radio spins and some got actual adds(yet not after a major upset directed at CC exec's).

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
All of'em prior to his death in 2004. :manny:

And, Yep. I do. Clear Channel came in and crushed the buildings. Thats where the protests about the lack of local music being played began.

Radio play wasnt Dre's territory because he didnt want to do the politics, not to mention if you're not getting requests to get heard..(Ive actually asked Pds/Md's about Dre's lack on airplay on primetime...) yet many other bay Area artists did, some got radio spins and some got actual adds(yet not after a major upset directed at CC exec's).
I'll be back