Something about Kendrick Lamar..

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Earl I really don't see on that level, unless he attacks issues that seems taboo in the industry such as depression and so forth...then it could work for him. Now Vince I'm on the fence with the idea. I loved Summertime 06 but hated his last album/EP. I wanted more of that pure grimey shyt over lo_fi beats. I don't know what he was trying to do with his last project.
Earls recent album is about depression bruh.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Earls recent album is about depression bruh.

I know but I mean as far as it hitting the mainstream on some raise awareness type of stuff. TPAB actually had people raising a fist, but sadly IDLSIDGO didn't made a impact on a groundbreaking level.

That's all I'm saying.:yeshrug:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama

Forreal. I would love for Earl or a any rapper to actually address mental illness, the education system, and even health care. Those topics alone can lift heads and actually make a impact within the industry, but what can you do?:yeshrug:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I'm not feeling his vibe

I posted this in another thread. Kendrick a good artist, don't get me wrong. IMO his song "Ignorance is Bliss" is a Top 20 song of this decade

Honestly, I feel To Pimp a Butterly is psuedo political, and the embodiment of mediocrity

I like some of Kendrick's songs, but it feels like he's just reading a phrase book or black political terms and throwing it against the wall to see if it sticks

"We hate the po po"
"Alls my life I had to fight"
"Black power forever"
"We not gonna take this no more"
"I'm 100% Negu"
"I'm Kunta Kente"

Just seems like he's creating a patchwork book of ideas he thinks it's cool, but doesn't really feel it himself

Especially since D'Angelo used the exact same concept on his album, with better execution

Lupe may show his intelligence on front street, but I feel that his songs are actually him. Like he lives and breathes what he raps about, whether you agree with him or not. J-Cole also. That new Vince Staples album feels more authentic. Kendrick just sounds like he listened to a Public enemy album last summer and thought he should make an album about it :yeshrug:

But the beat of this "Alright" song is fire though :ehh:
real shyt