SONOS Home Theater System

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Any brehs on here gotta Sonos system setup? Just wondering how they got it with their TV? I just copped the Sony 65A90J last night and also built and copped a SONOS system… got the ARC sound bar, then copped 5 Sonos 1(gen 2) speakers… going use 2 for the living room.. 2 for the bedroom and I’ll throw 1 in the bathroom..and then copped the Sonos Sub.. nice 5.1 set up for the living room..just trying see how this soundbar works with this Sony.

Last edited:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Any brehs on here gotta Sonos system setup? Just wondering how they got it with their TV? I just copped the Sony 65A90J last night and also built and copped a SONOS system… got the ARC sound bar, then copped 5 Sonos 1(gen 2) speakers… going use 2 for the living room.. 2 for the bedroom and I’ll throw 1 in the bathroom..and then copped the Sonos Sub.. nice 5.1 set up for the living room..just trying see how this soundbar works with this Sony.

how does it sound cuz I was debating on getting sonos one or jbl one

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have 2 Sonos Arc soundbars only the soundbars though. When I get out of this apartment hopefully next year I'll get subs for them.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
how does it sound cuz I was debating on getting sonos one or jbl one

i might’ve overdid it mad loud.. and sounds crystal clear.. honestly depends on the size of the spot your setup going be… I just have a condo and it sounds incredible

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have the original sound bar, sub, 2 play 1’s, 2 play 3’s.

I haven’t fukked with the sub since 2013. I don’t really care for it. Everything else about it is dope. The only thing I don’t like about it is I can’t find a legitimate reason to upgrade to the new system :pachaha:

i had Bose before I bought these and I’m never going back.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

is yours not working or something?

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Will be selling the Sonos system to my brother.. just preordered that new Sony HT-A9 system with the bigger sub… will be here Wednesday… word is… shyts a game changer

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Just set up my 65A90J with the HT9

yDUrtBc

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just got two Sonos Ones for my Arc. It really helps the system. My last addition this year will be a Gen 3 sub. My second Arc will just remain soundbar only.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Grab you a receiver and get some real speakers. You'll be much happier.

I'm currently running KEF R3s and the KEF R2 center as my front sound stage with an svs pb2000 sub. Need a 2nd sub for dual set up and some atmos speakers in my ceiling and I am done with this one. Unbelievable.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Breh, what are your thoughts on the HT-A9?

I want to get it but the stories of drop outs is putting me off. I heard a new firmware update might take care of that though :patrice:

The drop outs is a hit or miss... honestly I can say that I don't have this issue now but I did have it initially... I like the unit so bad...and being that its sold out everywhere... I just sent it to Sony for repair... they couldn't duplicate the problem... so they sent it back to me...I just read the avsforums for a fix and its worked for me... in the setting I changed the priority to connection vs clarity and also the sony reps remotely changed some sound settings and I have not had any issues... also they did release a firmware update...maybe that helped as well....I was lucky...initially I was going to return the unit back to amazon but I had thrown the box it came in away that it came in like a fukkin dummy... so when I called amazon they gave me $450 for the inconvenience... so I basically got the sw5 subs for free... plus the day i copped it...they had some special for the entire package for 100-150 off...so all in all... this cost me about 550-600 less than what everyone paid... so no complaints here... the sound is immaculate... I got it for the easy setup and it works like a champ with my 65A90J... i use the tv as a center channel speaker