Sooner or later, Roberson is going to get benched and Terrence Ferguson is take his start

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ferguson showed out last night in the preseason game, especially on defense which is his primary role. Had it not been for the fact that he's a rookie, he would of been starting over Roberson who's been OKC's achille's heel. Ferguson is damn near as good as a defender as Roberson is and a way superior shooter than he is.

My hopes is to make the switch now, but I feel it'll be by either close to the end of the season or maybe next season.

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Ferguson showed out last night in the preseason game, especially on defense which is his primary role. Had it not been for the fact that he's a rookie, he would of been starting over Roberson who's been OKC's achille's heel. Ferguson is damn near as good as a defender as Roberson is and a way superior shooter than he is.

My hopes is to make the switch now, but I feel it'll be by either close to the end of the season or maybe next season.
Granted it's the preseason but he has really shown flashes of his potential as a two way player at only 19 yo. If he keeps getting better during the season, I wouldn't be surprised if he begins to start.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
All roberson has to do is slash more if teams leave him open.He is an elite nba wing defender he is not getting benched for no rookie

Daps

Im glad you said that.

I'm a huge believer in T-Ferg. He's exactly what we need, I just wish he had another 2 years of experience and development under his belt. If was a bigger dude with more experience Id start him today over robes.

He is a superior shooter, but I cant give you defender. Roberson is like a top 3 perimeter defender in the NBA right now. Robes can guard 1-4 easily, but Ferg is a thinmint still, he gotta get that weight up. He can guard 2's and small 3's, but that's it. Now yes, we have pg to guard the other bigger threats but Ferg just aint ready yet.

However, if he develops and improves quickly that boy is on his way. He's got pretty good IQ too he was everywhere he needed to be. He'll be a star, I'm sure of it, I saw the potential when he was back in aussie

Daps
Granted it's the preseason but he has really shown flashes of his potential as a two way player at only 19 yo. If he keeps getting better during the season, I wouldn't be surprised if he begins to start.

As much as I'd love to see him there, he just aint ready yet. Roberson is legit right below kawhi as a perimeter defender. That's hard to replace. they also just gave dude 30 mill. If we bench robes we might as well trade him, because his defense is completely wasted on bench players.

Ferg should be our 6th man. and then start next year if he improves alot and packs on more muscle. Very willing defender, athletic, and has a perfect shooting form.
He just missing some experience and development. I think he's perfect at the 6 spot for right now. Then if he shows some real progress then yes. But trade robes because he's worthless on the bench.

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
As much as I'd love to see him there, he just aint ready yet. Roberson is legit right below kawhi as a perimeter defender. That's hard to replace. they also just gave dude 30 mill. If we bench robes we might as well trade him, because his defense is completely wasted on bench players.

Ferg should be our 6th man. and then start next year if he improves alot and packs on more muscle. Very willing defender, athletic, and has a perfect shooting form.
He just missing some experience and development. I think he's perfect at the 6 spot for right now. Then if he shows some real progress then yes. But trade robes because he's worthless on the bench.
A 6th man role would be good for tferg. Plus he has 2 elite guards in PG and Russ he can learn from combined with okc great development of young players he landed on the right team for him.

Daps
A 6th man role would be good for tferg. Plus he has 2 elite guards in PG and Russ he can learn from combined with okc great development of young players he landed on the right team for him.
Oh yeah, I'm extremely hyped for this season. It's incredible how it all turned around from last season. Ferg fits in well with that starting lineup. And he's an actual threat on both sides of the ball, which we've needed since God knows when.

I just hope they gel well and they look like they are all willing to sacrifice.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
I agree with this. Barring massive injury problems, OKC is making the playoffs, so Roberson vs Ferguson will be an integral part of how far OKC goes in the post season. Donovan has to manage this right or it will eventually cost him his job. He has 82 games to figure out how & when to play each player and get the best out of them.

In my opinion, if OKC is behind, you play Ferguson. If leading, then Roberson. I think Ferguson adapts fairly quickly.

I guess having a good Ferguson coming of the bench isn't a bad thing, but I prefer having the strongest starting 5 possible.