Sooo WTF really happened with ODB?

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wooow well there you have it. thats sll i needed to know. do you got the file or remember the thread?

come on now nikkas is really nieve. odb was not no kingpin, if anything he was the nikka doing dope, he wasnt no notorious gangbangin killa, if anything he was the nikka getting shot (no disrespect)
so why the fukk would the feds have a file on blud? that shyt is mainey as fukk. rza is like the most put together nikka in the wu. rub elbows with all type of different people and he even said he dont put it pass them that they was on odb. Why would the wu just let him keep that mainey ass intro on diesel? from seeing how odb rocked i could bet it was plenty times odb said some crazy shyt on the track and they cut that shyt out. But they left that intro tho.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/wu-tang-fbi-file.57255/

well, heres the thread...but it looks like the actual documents have been removed from the internet altogether. I can vouch for having read it though.

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
That FBI ish from that thread wasn't really what this is about in my opinion. The Wu was involved with organized crime and they were under investigation. This ODB ish is probably not related to that at all. I believe he got kilt but I can't say why. His death and some of the events prior to his death were a little fishy.

Cop Threatened ODB, Rapper’s Cousin Reportedly Claims
60 Second Assassin says ODB fled Jan. 15 arrest fearing for his life.

by teri vanhorn 1/28/1999

NEW YORK — Ol’ Dirty b*stard has reportedly feared for his life for some time and fled from police officers who pulled him over for a traffic violation Jan. 15 after one threatened to “blow your damn head off,” according to a cousin who was with the rapper at the time.

In an interview with the the city’s alternative weekly paper the Village Voice, Frederick Cuffie also supported the contention that the Wu-Tang Clan rapper, who has been accused of trying to kill a policeman that night, was unarmed at the time.

Police “figured we had a gun or somethin’,” Cuffie, a member of the Wu-Tang affliate rap group Sunz of Man, was quoted as saying. “But it was no gun. It was nothing but a cellular phone.”

One of the officers involved in the arrest disputed Cuffie’s account Wednesday. “I do not believe that to be true,” said Christopher Roche, of the Brooklyn Street Crimes Unit.

Police claim ODB (born Russell Tyrone Jones) fired shots at them after four officers in an unmarked car pulled him over in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn. The rapper was driving a green 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe with one passenger — Cuffie, who goes by the rap name 60 Second Assassin.

ODB has been charged with first- and second-degree attempted murder of a police officer, and second- and third-degree possession of a weapon. He faces a possible life sentence if convicted. Cuffie was not charged in the incident.

As he was leaving jail on Jan. 22, after posting $150,000 bail, ODB told reporters, “I didn’t have no gun. I don’t use guns.”

Cuffie, in a detailed account of the incident in the Feb. 2 issue of the Voice, is quoted as saying police fired the only shots.

Police Inspector Mike Collins declined to comment on Cuffie’s statements. “The case is still being investigated,” he said.

Collins confirmed, however, that as of Wednesday investigators have yet to find the gun ODB is alleged to have used.

Cuffie was quoted in the Voice as saying his cousin, who was shot during a robbery in his Brooklyn apartment in June, has long feared for his safety. “He’s been telling friends that somebody is trying to kill him,” Cuffie said.

Cuffie was further quoted as saying, “He’s been telling me that the CIA and the FBI wants [sic] to get him for some reason.”

After ODB and Cuffie were pulled over by police for allegedly driving erratically with the headlights off, an officer approached the sport-utility vehicle with “his gun pointed dead to my head,” the paper quoted Cuffie as saying.

He said ODB opened his door and shouted, “It’s me! It’s Ol’ Dirty!,” after which an officer yelled back, “If you don’t get out of the car, we’re gonna blow your damn head off!”

ODB closed the door and sped off, according to Cuffie. Cuffie said he inititally urged ODB to stop, but then cops opened fire.

“If Dirty hadn’t pulled off I woulda got shot in the head,” he was
quoted as saying.

The rappers fled to the home of an aunt, Cheryl Dixon, Cuffie told the Voice. When another unmarked police car pulled up to the house, Cuffie hid inside while ODB attempted to flee again by car, but the police rammed his vehicle and apprehended him, Cuffie said.

Cuffie claimed one officer put a gun to Dixon’s head and threatened to shoot her when she attempted to go outside to check on ODB. Police ransacked her home in search of Cuffie and a gun, according to his account. Cuffie eventually surrendered.

“Everyone is comparing this to like a Rodney King situation,” Cathy Jones, president of Sunz of Man’s label, Threat Records, said Wednesday.

Jones said Cuffie suffered “severe emotional distress” from the incident.

“Sixty’s scared to death for his life,” Jones said, minutes after talking to the rapper on the phone. She said he had talked to a Voice reporter before his lawyer advised him not to discuss the case.

“He doesn’t know what’s going to happen to him,” she said. “He’s extremely stressed out, extremely nervous and frightened as anyone would be in a situation like this. He feels that they tried to kill him. He basically feels that they’ve been set up by police, that’s it’s a conspiracy.”

Jones said the unmarked police car that pulled the rappers over had followed them from a studio, Brooklyn Sounds United Kingdom, where ODB was recording earlier that night.

Ol’ Dirty b*stard and 60 Sec. Assassin appear together on Sunz of Man’s cover of Earth, Wind and Fire’s “Shining Star”, on Sunz of Man’s album The Last Shall Be First.
http://www.mtv.com/news/511753/cop-threatened-odb-rappers-cousin-reportedly-claims/

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is all part of mental health...Genetics, biological and social environment, substance abuse...

Maybe the government was trying to kill ODB, but the probability of that is very low...A covert operation like that would have a cost a lot of money, and what would be the return...? It doesn't make sense...

It is common with people with schizo-type disorders to believe they are being persecuted, by the government, religion or any other source of authority that is very relevant in their lives...

you're not getting what i'm saying.

dude's mental issues were substance abuse related. he probably wasn't schizophrenic but more than likely high off of drugs and going through withdrawals. i honestly don't think that dude was crazy like that. he may have been weird but not crazy. i think that his persona character led to his death because he couldn't separate that from how he really was and the drugs were apart of that. he didn't think that folks would like him the same way when he was sober and acting like a normal human being.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
bruhs, he was innovative artist who was drug addict who loss his life to the addiction of drugs. the end :stopitslime:

the brother died in the wu studio by way of accidental drug overdose and they found traces of drugs in his system after they did the autopsy report

odb was never same post jail though. he was a lot slower, especially right before his death. i think he was on meds and shyt while in there and then once he got out he seemed to be on some shyt most of the time as well

Daps
Reppin
NULL
you're not getting what i'm saying.
dude's mental issues were substance abuse related. he probably wasn't schizophrenic but more than likely high off of drugs and going through withdrawals. i honestly don't think that dude was crazy like that. he may have been weird but not crazy. i think that his persona character led to his death because he couldn't separate that from how he really was and the drugs were apart of that. he didn't think that folks would like him the same way when he was sober and acting like a normal human being.
(1) I get what you are saying...But you are acting like there is no correlation between substance abuse and schizophrenia...There is a very BIG correlation...It is a question of who came first, the chicken or the egg?

(2) Meth was smoking the same dust as ODB, and look at their presentation in that interview...

(3) From the footage and stories from Wu members, I am guessing that ODB was not pretending or being a character...ODB was ODB with or without the cameras...That's my guess from the stories people around him have told...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That FBI ish from that thread wasn't really what this is about in my opinion. The Wu was involved with organized crime and they were under investigation. This ODB ish is probably not related to that at all. I believe he got kilt but I can't say why. His death and some of the events prior to his death were a little fishy.

http://www.mtv.com/news/511753/cop-threatened-odb-rappers-cousin-reportedly-claims/

yea they never found the gun. that shyt is fishy. why didnt they just run up in the studio? They had it out for dirty, he tried to tell the world and they just labeled him crazy. Then silenced him in jail and made him take crazy pills that fukked him up even more but he still knew they was on him. Then he died. This shyt crazy.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
a bag of coke exploded in his stomach right? i just assumed he was back on that shyt and had a close call and had to swallow a bag and took the eternal L :manny:

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
a bag of coke exploded in his stomach right? i just assumed he was back on that shyt and had a close call and had to swallow a bag and took the eternal L :manny:
EXACTLY what happened. No conspiracies or anything, a drug addict died from drugs. Fin.

Daps
ODB was smarter than 98% of the clowns on this site. He was telling yall they were after him. Dismiss him cuz the media told you he was a strung out junkie brehs.

Yall are mostly completely clueless how shyt works.

Look at how uncomfortable Meth got when Dirty was sayin what he was sayin. Meth knew he was speaking the truth, which is why he made sure to distance himself and said he loved the them, etc.

Last edited: