Soooo for the first time in my life I gave Bay Area Music a Fair Shot And...

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
:blessed:

Welcome Breh

Tho I should be :ufdup:at you for talking down on The Godfather 40 Water smh

:snoop:

Here's a list of artists you need to check out....

:sas1:

Mac Dre (RIP)
The Jacka (RIP)
Mistah F.A.B
J. Stalin
The Hieroglyphics
Dru Down
Mac Mall
Andre Nickatina (Dre Dog)
Philthy Rich
3x Crazy (Keak Group)
Cookie Money
Berner
RBL Posse (RIP for the most part)
E-40 Brother - B-Legit (he's dope)
Spice 1
Celly Cell
Dubee
Ray Luv
Messy Marv (LOL)
Too $hort
Yukmouth (Luniz member)
Husalah
Young Lay
San Quinn
Souls Of Mischief
Rappin 4 Tay

But I could go all day

:wow:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
shyt is so fire :banderas: the wittiness the slick talking the beats the shyt talking is just too raw..overall it seems like everyone is coo and just want to do is drink henny, smoke, fukk bytches and not be broke and just have a good time and not all about shoot muthafukkas or hustling

Im a east coast dude through and through and it was just hard for me to feel other sounds...but lately the scene has been kind of dry here with no originality....so now I feel like I just discovered a whole new genre even the old shyt new to me so im so straight...kind of like being able to watch a classic movie for the first time...

I was following that dude Guap Dad 4000 on the gram and decided to check out his tracks and I was like :leon:

Then I just discovered that kid P-Lo :blessed: then turns out he has a crew Heart Break Gang so I started listening to this kid Iamsu now im in a youtube warp hole bumping shyt from like 2014 like it just came out.

I was bumping P-lo in the gym today homie says a lot of positive and motivating shyt :whoo:

Disclaimer though I just can't get into E-40 I know he's a legend but he's so wack to me :why: sounds like Goofy rapping but everyone else so far has been dope:manny:

My cousin lives in Berkeley ....i need to take a trip out there and experience the local scene for myself i always felt Oakland was a wast coast Philly :obama: bay area bredren any other artists I need to check out? (besides Short, Keek , Mac and obvious names)

Have to be kind of wack to not listen to a region all together. I mean unless its that UK shyt.........
tumblr_mpwtdmLIPm1qdlh1io1_250.gif

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
p. lo and HBK aint wack :beli:

P.Lo i wasnt feeling,HBK as a whole is debatable,but they was hit and miss to me to

100's and Mozzy is the only newer nikkas to drop classics.

not enough talk about Philthy either,think he may have finally passed Messy for me,he been dropping banger after banger and dont seem to be slowing up:wow:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
shyt is so fire :banderas: the wittiness the slick talking the beats the shyt talking is just too raw..overall it seems like everyone is coo and just want to do is drink henny, smoke, fukk bytches and not be broke and just have a good time and not all about shoot muthafukkas or hustling

Im a east coast dude through and through and it was just hard for me to feel other sounds...but lately the scene has been kind of dry here with no originality....so now I feel like I just discovered a whole new genre even the old shyt new to me so im so straight...kind of like being able to watch a classic movie for the first time...

I was following that dude Guap Dad 4000 on the gram and decided to check out his tracks and I was like :leon:

Then I just discovered that kid P-Lo :blessed: then turns out he has a crew Heart Break Gang so I started listening to this kid Iamsu now im in a youtube warp hole bumping shyt from like 2014 like it just came out.

I was bumping P-lo in the gym today homie says a lot of positive and motivating shyt :whoo:

Disclaimer though I just can't get into E-40 I know he's a legend but he's so wack to me :why: sounds like Goofy rapping but everyone else so far has been dope:manny:

My cousin lives in Berkeley ....i need to take a trip out there and experience the local scene for myself i always felt Oakland was a wast coast Philly :obama: bay area bredren any other artists I need to check out? (besides Short, Keek , Mac and obvious names)

I'ma give this shyt a try off your recc

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
:blessed:

Welcome Breh

Tho I should be :ufdup:at you for talking down on The Godfather 40 Water smh

:snoop:

Here's a list of artists you need to check out....

:sas1:

Mac Dre (RIP)
The Jacka (RIP)
Mistah F.A.B
J. Stalin
The Hieroglyphics
Dru Down
Mac Mall
Andre Nickatina (Dre Dog)
Philthy Rich
3x Crazy (Keak Group)
Cookie Money
Berner
RBL Posse (RIP for the most part)
E-40 Brother - B-Legit (he's dope)
Spice 1
Celly Cell
Dubee
Ray Luv
Messy Marv (LOL)
Too $hort
Yukmouth (Luniz member)
Husalah
Young Lay
San Quinn
Souls Of Mischief
Rappin 4 Tay

But I could go all day

:wow:
I fukks with 75% of that list breh

Reppped
!
:salute:

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
Have to be kind of wack to not listen to a region all together. I mean unless its that UK shyt.........
tumblr_mpwtdmLIPm1qdlh1io1_250.gif
:yeshrug:

90% or more of the artist there get no burn over here so it's more by ignorance of not knowing than hating on the region. Only folks I hear are E40 and too short...but certain regions have a certain sound that are a required taste like Baltimore gogo, New Jersey base, Miami club music.....I grew up in the golden era and i've been stuck in my ways but since the new wave of artists are out I aint feeling them im researching old shyt that's new to me

Sidenote
Good looks everyone I tried reppin' some of all as much as I could.....I can't wait to go out and visit there the bay area seems so dope to me,,,,so original with the slang, music, and culture.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
edit...fa real tho, i'm a bay homer, been slapping bay shyt since i was born (oakland native) but a lot of the new artists yall posting are wack and wouldn't have been nothing but neighborhood names in that 88-02 era. there are some nice records being dropped, but overall these cats aint seeing that classic bay era
OP said he liked that P-Lo/HBK gang sound. A New York nikka aint gonna recommend Mobb Deep, Biggie and Wu Tang to someone that asks for artists that sound like Dave East or A Boogie:hubie:

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
lil yee - war , is best song out right now :manny:

and mozzy aint the bay.. he sac.. thatd be like saying someone from New Jersey is from Philly just cause they both east coast :heh:
Nor Cal music is all the same to me. Sac was goin dumb during the hyphy movement and they sound like the Bay today too :manny: