Spartacus being on netflix appreciation thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
All they do is talk on GoT. We put sword to purpose here you coward :scust:

First episode sucks anyways, this is universally accepted. It gets godlike after like episode 4.

Word, does any other show have a jump like this? I can't think of one that matches it.

I remember I watched the first episode "Live", then the next day we laughed at it at work. The second episode I didn't even set my DVR for, I just watched it on Netflix (back when Netflix had Spartacus episodes online just after they aired).

After that I set my DVR to record it, but I didn't watch them for weeks and I let maybe 4-6 episodes build up. But then I read online that it was starting to get good, so I gave it another shot and watched all the episodes on my DVR within 2 days.

From then on, I couldn't wait to watch every episode as soon as it aired.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't notice until I watched S1 again that Spartacus was actually becoming comfortable with being a gladiator/ starting to enjoy it until Varro was killed.

It was interesting to see him gradually straying. I think after Pietros commits suicide, Batiatus shrugging it off because he was worth very little, not even viewing him as a person, was the turning point.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I didn't notice until I watched S1 again that Spartacus was actually becoming comfortable with being a gladiator/ starting to enjoy it until Varro was killed.

word i saw those episodes yesterday and i missed the same thing when i first watched. he was accepting his fate before that point. i thought it was so dope when spartacus was practicing and batiatus saw him. even my wife was hyped to watch the last 2 episodes.

"The gods truly favor the house of Batiatus! Behold! Spartacus risen from the dead! Spartacus! You are well?" :blessed:

"Yes, dominus. I am myself again." :demonic:

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:popcorn: Starting the last season of "Spartacus" right now.

:patrice: I'm wondering what cable drama I should watch next. I'm leaning towards HBO's "Deadwood". But "Vikings" is also peaking my interest. And I wonder about "Black Sails"

@Emperor_ReinScarf & the rest of y'all, what's y'all think of Showtime's "The Borgias"?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:popcorn: Starting the last season of "Spartacus" right now.

:patrice: I'm wondering what cable drama I should watch next. I'm leaning heavily towards HBO's "Deadwood". But "Vikings" is also peaking my interest.

@Emperor_ReinScarf & the rest of y'all, what's y'all think of Showtime's "The Borgias"?
Vikings :noah:

Last edited by a moderator: