Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse [June 2nd 2023]

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
So what are the main spiderman canon events?
  • Death of uncle Ben
  • Death of captain Stacy
  • Death of Gwen Stacy
  • Spiderman quits and throws suit into garbage
  • I'd like to argue that "face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot" IS one
  • Lifting the cement / rubble when overpowered
  • Defeating the symbiote
  • Rising from the grave after kraven fight?

Daps
  • Death of uncle Ben
  • Death of captain Stacy
  • Death of Gwen Stacy
  • Defeating the symbiote

betrayed by/beef with harry or a best friend

Spence

Superstar
Daps
  • Death of uncle Ben
  • Death of captain Stacy
  • Death of Gwen Stacy
  • Defeating the symbiote
The villains seem to be the same as well
And the catch the car/train with girlfriend in it to save their life while girlfriend doesn’t know secret identity yet

(Pavitr catching Gayatri looked familiar)

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Liked it, didn’t love it.

There are some distinct advantages to animation, if this was live action this would have been as much of a clusterfukk as No Way Home.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Overtook TLM domestically already, are we surprised :jbhmm:
Not at all. TLM did what I thought it would do: Make some money and then disappear into the realm of mediocrity forever although it did much less than I expected it to do. I would hope that audiences are starting to get tired of these bland live action remakes, but I have suspicions there are other reasons this particular one didn't do well. :mjpls:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
What kind of criticism is that :heh:

Seems pretty straight forward.

I thought No way home was fun but clusterfukky. This was fun, but by the end of it I felt kind of burnt out and there’s a whole part 2 to wait for.

Being that the plan seems to be to take this miles into live action, something I said they should do, I’m trying to imagine how all of it would look live and I imagine it would be all the worse elements of NHW turned up to 10.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Seems pretty straight forward.

I thought No way home was fun but clusterfukky. This was fun, but by the end of it I felt kind of burnt out and there’s a whole part 2 to wait for.

Being that the plan seems to be to take this miles into live action, something I said they should do, I’m trying to imagine how all of it would look live and I imagine it would be all the worse elements of NHW turned up to 10.
Nah my point is you said "well if it wasn't animated it would've been a clusterfukk"...but it was animated :dahell: so why is that a commentary?

If this porche had a 4 cylinder engine like an Altima it wouldn't be as fast :dwillhuh:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Nah my point is you said "well if it wasn't animated it would've been a clusterfukk"...but it was animated :dahell: so why is that a commentary?

If this porche had a 4 cylinder engine like an Altima it wouldn't be as fast :dwillhuh:

Because Amy Pascal already confirmed live action Spider-verse.

And I said it would be MORE of a clusterfukk than it is if it was live. I been saying scrap Morbin time and teenage mutant ninja venom to do live spider verse spin-offs.

Just worried how well it would translate when this movie kinda left me feeling drained.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Exclusive-Look-SoleSavy-Air-Jordan-1-Stash-Utility-Spider-Man-Across-The-Spider-Verse-1-1536x1152.jpg

Exclusive-Look-SoleSavy-Air-Jordan-1-Stash-Utility-Spider-Man-Across-The-Spider-Verse-3-1536x1152.jpg

Exclusive-Look-SoleSavy-Air-Jordan-1-Stash-Utility-Spider-Man-Across-The-Spider-Verse-2-1536x1152.jpg

Spence

Superstar
Daps

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because Amy Pascal already confirmed live action Spider-verse.

And I said it would be MORE of a clusterfukk than it is if it was live. I been saying scrap Morbin time and teenage mutant ninja venom to do live spider verse spin-offs.

Just worried how well it would translate when this movie kinda left me feeling drained.

It would probably translate horribly,but you and Amy Pascal the ones pushing for it:mjlol:

Unless your looking for a "grounded" universe. There is practically no advantage to doing a live action comic book film. Plus is it even possible to have a multiverse film that isnt kind of a "clusterfukk":heh:?

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Caught it again with my cousin. Dropped down a little cos I felt the opening with Gwen Stacy went on a bit too long and was using it to flex animation though I recognise its use in the story. The fun picked up when the story turns to Miles, and it all proper goes into overdrive when we get to the second half of things.

I did appreciate the emotional beats in the first half though, the second half would be significantly weakened without them.

Parents were hilarious though, think they were the ones where the jokes kept strong the most when watching a second time

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
It would probably translate horribly,but you and Amy Pascal the ones pushing for it:mjlol:

Because it's the smart thing to do. They have to do live action to keep the rights, better to build around what's already working.

That Kraven movie sounding like an Ace Ventura reboot. :laugh:

If you do Madame Web right and splinter off from there into more self contained projects shyt will pop.

Unless your looking for a "grounded" universe. There is practically no advantage to doing a live action comic book film. Plus is it even possible to have a multiverse film that isnt kind of a "clusterfukk":heh:?

The one advantage I think is that live action is generally more memorable.

As for the bold, yes and no lol. Into the spiderverse was pretty tight. Across the spiderverse was a bit much. Part 2 is going to have to do a good job of balancing it out which I think it will.