Spider-Man (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Anyone who says this game is button mashy is either playing on easy or just a salty Lbot making shyt up...

The claim is simply not true, there are multiple enemies you can't mash your way through...

The game forces you to dodge, use gadgets and the environment...

I'm playing at the hardest level dumb ass motherfukka

Can't breh...Batman is the goat comic book game

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anyone who says this game is button mashy is either playing on easy or just a salty Lbot making shyt up...

The claim is simply not true, there are multiple enemies you can't mash your way through...

The game forces you to dodge, use gadgets and the environment...
square square hold square square square square gets you pass most of the enemies.

If you can dodge on point then yeah, its a cake walk game is pretty button mashy. I wish they did more with his dodging in combat or had more combat combo's and enemy types (I haven't finished it so there might be more)

For a 3rd person action game, Its no god of war 4. You had to know multiple combo's, weapons, block, parry dodge and some.

This game is very much mash on a button dodge mash on a button.

I'm playing it on the hardest difficulty and I do still die but the game's combat is really not that fun or great to me.

The story is pretty well done sofar and the city while big is pretty bland.

Its a solid game but I wish I wouldn't have bought it tbh.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
square square hold square square square square gets you pass most of the enemies.

If you can dodge on point then yeah, its a cake walk game is pretty button mashy. I wish they did more with his dodging in combat or had more combat combo's and enemy types (I haven't finished it so there might be more)

For a 3rd person action game, Its no god of war 4. You had to know multiple combo's, weapons, block, parry dodge and some.

I'm playing it on the hardest difficulty and I do still die but the game's combat is really not that fun or great to me.

I respectfully disagree and if it was so mashy and easy you wouldn't be dying...

Mashing square only gets you past one type of enemy, hand gun/RPG/sniper and barefist goons which make up roughly 50% of the goons you encounter in a mob...

I don't know how far in the game you are, but you simply cannot square square mash your way through those big brutes and dudes with swords/lightsabers/shields/whips without certain skills that you unlock at a higher lvl (30+)...Even with those skills, the animation can be interrupted and usually is with 12 goons attacking you...

Yes the game isn't insanely difficult like GOW4 but the combat is quick, responsive, fluid and satisfying, the way a spider-man game should be...

Maybe you'd enjoy the game more if you actually tried to play it like spider-man instead of trying to mash your way through every encounter as if you're the Hulk...:yeshrug:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Using this style only will get yo ass beat fairly early on. They literally force you to stop playing this way by mixing two brutes in with the normal wage of smaller fighters. I know because I was playing the same way at first. And kept getting my ass kicked.

(Lol. No way in hell you can get this off by the time they start throwing jet packs at you. :damn:)

Next I tried to play like the Arkham series. Also got my ass kicked a lot. Spidey doesn’t move like Bats, so the timing is different. You almost have to stand there and let them attack you, wait until they’ve committed, then get out of the way if you want to fight effectively on offense and defense in traffic. Otherwise punches you would be dodging in Arkham will connect here.

Multiple brehs have already said it, but the best way to fight is to learn how to move like Spidey. Web kicks, gun yanks... webbing dudes up and then throwing them at a group... using gadgets like web bombs in tight spaces (super effective), trip wires in hideouts... when you can do all that shyt fluidly mid-fight you realize there’s a lot to the fight mechanics of the game.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
DnGYBWNW4AAjEXE.jpg:large

:wow: Finally we in here....

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got 100 percent on web of shadows. Spiderman is one of my all time favorite hero's. That game captured the essence of Spiderman and combat.

The game is mashy, I'm not saying you don't have to mix it up, the brutes and dudes with weapons and shields are there just for that.

Outside of that it's really just being able to dodge and choosing which web you want to shoot.

That combo still works on 80 percent of the enemies I encounter. The brutes sofar are literally the only thing that make me really have to "think" or mix it up. Playing like Spidey is cool but it's a bit shallow Imo.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got 100 percent on web of shadows. Spiderman is one of my all time favorite hero's. That game captured the essence of Spiderman and combat.

The game is mashy, I'm not saying you don't have to mix it up, the brutes and dudes with weapons and shields are there just for that.

Outside of that it's really just being able to dodge and choosing which web you want to shoot.

That combo still works on 80 percent of the enemies I encounter. The brutes sofar are literally the only thing that make me really have to "think" or mix it up. Playing like Spidey is cool but it's a bit shallow Imo.
shut up