Spike Lee Goes On A 5 Minute Rant Defending His New Movie "Chiraq" [VIDEO]

N711oir

All Star
Daps
He makes good point defending his casting for canon.

I mean I never heard anyone asking for Denzel's credentials for training day:yeshrug:

As far as I know he ain't got no bodies?

But the argument about the mothers and people being in the film, that they wouldn't be involved if the message wasn't good:patrice:
I done seen some weird stuff from these parents with stained children. I don't follow cac news but I recall mothers breaking their necks to forgive the killer shooting up that church:comeon: their families bodies weren't even cold yet or buried so:yeshrug:

It may be a on demand viewing for me.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
He makes good point defending his casting for canon.

I mean I never heard anyone asking for Denzel's credentials for training day:yeshrug:

As far as I know he ain't got no bodies?

But the argument about the mothers and people being in the film, that they wouldn't be involved if the message wasn't good:patrice:
I done seen some weird stuff from these parents with stained children. I don't follow cac news but I recall mothers breaking their necks to forgive the killer shooting up that church:comeon: their families bodies weren't even cold yet or buried so:yeshrug:

It may be a on demand viewing for me.

So you're saying Nick Cannon has the same acting ability as Denzel? :hmmjb:

N711oir

All Star
Daps
So you're saying Nick Cannon has the same acting ability as Denzel? :hmmjb:
:snoop: Good one
No I'm saying they didn't want him portraying no parts of Chicago based on who he is off camera. A none cornball, he's no killer. I'm saying Denzel played a tough criminal type role but is outside or off camera life wasn't called into question it was just his acting chops or abilities. They think of nick as a Carlton type dude and it's basically :pacspit:in their faces to have them play that role it's almost the equivalent to casting a :ld:cac to play the role

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I would actually have to with disagree with @Malta. The movie covers a lot of systemic issues within a country. The movie was filled with double meanings and points that actually go deeper than surface level so I would say that this movie was a great movie from a substance standpoint.

The acting was not great but the main character, Wesley and Angela did a fantastic job.

The most meaningful movie I seen in the last two years. It probably went over to many movie goers heads. It's not straightforward like Creed. It was laced with double meanings.

I don't expect lower minded negros to understand from the first viewing. @Napoleon, you should check it out.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
No I'm saying they didn't want him portraying no parts of Chicago based on who he is off camera. A none cornball, he's no killer. I'm saying Denzel played a tough criminal type role but is outside or off camera life wasn't called into question it was just his acting chops or abilities. They think of nick as a Carlton type dude and it's basically :pacspit:in their faces to have them play that role it's almost the equivalent to casting a :ld:cac to play the role
:what:Denzel is a good actor tho.
I should neg you for even trying to make the comparison.

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Nick wasn't terrible in the role. He actually played the role quite well. The issue wasn't him selling the role, the issue is him being Nick Cannon. Many people who know him knows he's a cornball but he wasn't great but he wasn't bad either. Merely decent and much better than expected from my perspective. This is coming from someone who doesn't lIke Nick Cannon.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

That's because Denzel is arguably the greatest actor in history breh, no one is gonna question his background because he'll give a great performance anyway. So again, if you're implying that Nick Cannon of all people is of the same level that he gets that same benefit of the doubt then that's your opinion. I think people see that plus what your saying about Nick having always been a Nickelodeon ass cornball brotha playin a gangsta nikka in Chicago. Add in that the movie is supposedly a musical and I can see why people ain't fukkin with it.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Obsessed wannabes want an authentically ultra violent movie based in Chicago. My issue is turning a Shakespeare play into a movie about Chicago but I'll wait to see it to pass judgement.
Actually youth that have grown up watching their friends and family murdered did not like the situation to be satirical documented on film.

In reality, this film didn't need to be called "chi raq" or based in Chicago. That was done for profit and to have a catchy hip name.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obsessed wannabes want an authentically ultra violent movie based in Chicago. My issue is turning a Shakespeare play into a movie about Chicago but I'll wait to see it to pass judgement.

any proof of this

the movie is clown status with not a inch of realism

and makes light of something serious

the idea was dumb, a shyt movie Miami tale already did lol the movie is trash that's why people are mad