Spike Lee's Da 5 Bloods (Official Thread)

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Brehs I’m not deep or into politics at all...

but does the 2 opposite kinda characters wearing MAGA hats symbolize anything..like if Paul woulda stood back with the group..the other maga cat woulda popped his head off anyway for that money...so he reppin that maga shyt for no reason really..he’ll never be equal...or something like that :russ:

Max Headroom

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thought it was good the first time I saw it but the more times I watch and dissect it the more flaws I see in it :patrice:

It definitely should've been during the War instead of after imo

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Thought it was good the first time I saw it but the more times I watch and dissect it the more flaws I see in it :patrice:

It definitely should've been during the War instead of after imo
It gets better to me :manny:

The What If for me is if they just stuck with it being more of PTSD/hang out/reminisce/remorse movie the entire film (or at least until the very end)

I think more flashbacks to Boseman and more of the Bloods talking about life probably is the "better" film. However, based on how Netflix was the only one to greenlight this film I think it was the only route to go. If its just the 1st half of the movie the entire time I dont think it gets made.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Gotta be a One Perfect Shot contender
EabXAtCXYAY6ES0

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I watched the movie last night, and I enjoyed it. I also liked how Jeff Ward was the stunt coordinator again working with Spike Lee. Let's hope Coogler chooses Jeff Ward to work on Black Panther 2.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Brehs I’m not deep or into politics at all...

but does the 2 opposite kinda characters wearing MAGA hats symbolize anything..like if Paul woulda stood back with the group..the other maga cat woulda popped his head off anyway for that money...so he reppin that maga shyt for no reason really..he’ll never be equal...or something like that :russ:
The Roach was wearing Paul's hat. The Vietnamese guy thay Otis shot took it from Paul.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Good list, but I'll counter with Mo' Better Blues, Inside Man, and Malcolm X. Quality over quantity.
Eh..I think they get em in quality too.

Imo Denzel/Spike weren't aligned enough on their best stuff and creatively they probably werent given the opportunity to do stuff like Marty/DeNiro.

It'd be like if Denzel played in Do The Right Thing and Bamboozled and

Spike Lee directed The Hurricane and American Gangster.:wow:

Now its just another level imo