Spin: How do you Prevent an Out of Control Black son or daughter.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Activities are key. Make sure their environment is diverse. This will help them learn how to communicate and move accordingly in different rooms with other ethnic groups of ppl.

Ex. Skiing, horseback riding, tennis, golf, philanthropic work.

If you have a girl: Etiquette classes

But make sure both black boys & girls have structure.

Then as they grow up you put them in an internship ASAP.

@HarlemHottie

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
tenor.gif

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I'm not a parent but, proper instruction, correction and leading by example.

Make sure that you and your woman are the blueprint for how a couple is supposed to interact in the household so they'll develop an inherent understanding .
No toxicity, dysfunctionality, drama. The home is supposed to be a safe space of peace.

Also be mindful of who your kids are associating with. Very important

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That's what I be thinking.
I feel like you got to instill pride and knowledge of self into black children early.
So much out there that can make a son or daughter behave crazy, but I think it stems from a lack of value and pride in oneself.
Like you got to teah your kids black history EARLY.
For real, don't be showing your kids shows where the white guy or white girl is the hero. Show them pro-black entertainment.
Be active in their lives.

You got to lay it out for them that this country is a trap. Gang banging, crime, all of that shyt is the trap they want us to get up in so we end up in their jails and in their graveyards
I don't know.
I got a cousin out here who’s c00ning, so this hits close to home.

I brought it up to her parents about what you mentioned and they had the:dwillhuh:face

It’s a damn shame. Sad part is ppl be so damn ignorant themselves, how can they teach someone else something they don’t know?

Daps
DO NOT LET THEM LISTEN TO HIPHOP AT A YOUNG AGE!!

that shyt is demonic and I can’t tell you how much it hurts my soul to see babies 3/4/5 yrs old that know the lyrics to ratchet ass songs about drugs, bytches, money and clubs but literally can’t read or say their abc’s.

My wife and I make a conscious effort not to play any adult hiphop around the kids and they don’t have their own devices to watch videos on. Also we watch them when they are around older kids. Never unattended.

my daughter will sing micheal Jackson or Sade before she can repeat a rap lyric. She doesn’t even like the sound of most HipHop.

I don’t think kids should listen to that stuff till they have a moral base and some sense of self.

I grew up on it but the images were very different.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have to be around solid individuals. Sending them to good schools, raising them in suburban communities isn't it either. They need people they can relate too. Who also have good values.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Every child is different. You usually get a feel for the type of child you have early on tbh. My parents had 4 kids. They parented us all differently. At 7 I remember my mom telling me I was going to be just like my Aunt Bit. Now y’all my aunt bit was a former crackhead that had a huge gash across her face because my aunt bit used to fukk married men when she was only a teen, and the wife of one of the men cut my aunt in the face and beat her ass.

My aunt bit was always boy crazy and hung around with fast girls. My mom saw that in me. I wasn’t allowed to watch music videos but I snuck and watched them anyway. They kept banning shyt lol. I always would choose the worst baddest girls to be friends with growing up. My mom hated that about me. She used to whip me in front of my friends just to humble me when I was getting too ahead of myself Smh. I was also boy crazy and i hung out with my older cousins and they were fast and taught me all they knew— but my mom wasn’t letting it ride. She stopped letting me hang out with them.

Her and my dad were on top of it with me. At one point they took my door off the hinges. They made up all kind of rules with me that they didn’t do with my sisters. They started early because they saw something in me (they also knew and saw that a lot of boys were trying to holler at me when we went out and stuff when I was 12/13). They tried to beat it out me and set up numerous obstacles to make it hard for me to be that way.

It worked in that I wasn’t able to really wild out the way I wanted to. But on the other hand when a girl is ready to fukk she will find a way. And I did even with my parents cockblocking as much as they were. Now I never went the hoe route(that was one thing my parents did right—they shamed it to the point where I didn’t want to be a hoe) but what I’ve observed is that sometimes there’s not anything a parent can do.

Matter of fact when I was freshman in high school there was this book I read by sister Soulja and an excerpt of it that sums up my point right:

Now I loved Poppa but I hated the way he cock-blocked. Every teenage girl wants to cut loose and get close to the fire, but I was like a pot of boiling milk with the lid on. You know that’s ready to explode and slide down the side of the pan.

If you have a daughter with that kind of feeling simmering inside then short of military school idk breh , there may not be much you can do lol. My parents didn’t have issues with my younger sisters. Which is why I say that you just need to know what kind of child you have early on. But in this era with social media and thots galore influencing children, good luck.

Daps
Every child is different. You usually get a feel for the type of child you have early on tbh. My parents had 4 kids. They parented us all differently. At 7 I remember my mom telling me I was going to be just like my Aunt Bit. Now y’all my aunt bit was a former crackhead that had a huge gash across her face because my aunt bit used to fukk married men when she was only a teen, and the wife of one of the men cut my aunt in the face and beat her ass.

My aunt bit was always boy crazy and hung around with fast girls. My mom saw that in me. I wasn’t allowed to watch music videos but I snuck and watched them anyway. They kept banning shyt lol. I always would choose the worst baddest girls to be friends with growing up. My mom hated that about me. She used to whip me in front of my friends just to humble me when I was getting too ahead of myself Smh. I was also boy crazy and i hung out with my older cousins and they were fast and taught me all they knew— but my mom wasn’t letting it ride. She stopped letting me hang out with them.

Her and my dad were on top of it with me. At one point they took my door off the hinges. They made up all kind of rules with me that they didn’t do with my sisters. They started early because they saw something in me (they also knew and saw that a lot of boys were trying to holler at me when we went out and stuff when I was 12/13). They tried to beat it out me and set up numerous obstacles to make it hard for me to be that way.

It worked in that I wasn’t able to really wild out the way I wanted to. But on the other hand when a girl is ready to fukk she will find a way. And I did even with my parents cockblocking as much as they were. Now I never went the hoe route(that was one thing my parents did right—they shamed it to the point where I didn’t want to be a hoe) but what I’ve observed is that sometimes there’s not anything a parent can do.

Matter of fact when I was freshman in high school there was this book I read by sister Soulja and an excerpt of it that sums up my point right:

Now I loved Poppa but I hated the way he cock-blocked. Every teenage girl wants to cut loose and get close to the fire, but I was like a pot of boiling milk with the lid on. You know that’s ready to explode and slide down the side of the pan.

If you have a daughter with that kind of feeling simmering inside then short of military school idk breh , there may not be much you can do lol. My parents didn’t have issues with my younger sisters. Which is why I say that you just need to know what kind of child you have early on. But in this era with social media and thots galore influencing children, good luck.
:wow: they did good

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
By controlling their environment.

By controlling the media they consume.

I grew up on hip hop as we all did, but I'll be damned if my kid listens to any rapper ever.