Spin: The person who got the biggest W in The Wire

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
latest

Came in, did what he had to do all in his own style and then left just as easily.
dude got shot in the stomach.... don't think that counts as easy

theres definitely a strong case for valcheck. dude really inserted himself into the situation early. he let carcetti know about the witness being killed which in turn got tommy elected. which we found out wasn't even a "witness killing" but someone shooting and bottles and killing dude accidentally.

i also wanna add Carver into the convo. dude got that sergeant position by being a spy against daniels. him and herc took that drug money too. but he actually learned what it was to be a cop and came up. dude was promoted to lieutenant.

lastly i wanna throw in michael. dude grew up with a mom that was the lowest type of fiend. she let her boyfriend molest her son, and after dude went to jail, let him come back and stay with them. dude learned actual marketable skills that would feed him and more importantly keep his little brother living out in PG county. and that was the main W, cause throughout the series mike's main concern was always Bug.

Daps
I'm curious as to why people think Slim Charles became the new 'king'. I thought the implication was that Fat Face Rick took over the connection and Slim became his right hand man, just like he was for Avon and Prop Joe.

"All due respect, I'm not cut out to be a CEO".

It was implied they went back to the co-op since they all ponied up to pay Marlo. Since only Rick and Slim got to actually meet with Vondas, it's safe to say those two were on a level above the others, but I don't see how you can put Rick above Slim.

Slim wasn't necessarily the king of the city, but since he took out cheese, I think it's safe to say he took over his (prop Joe's) territory. So he went from henchman to boss in that regard. People are probably putting him at the top of the co-op because he led the discussion with Marlo and led the pooling of money, and took action against Cheese.

Daps
I don't agree with a couple of the popular choices in here....

McNulty....yea, he avoided jail time, and avoiding an L is an inherent W, but certainly not the biggest W. Him avoiding jail shouldn't really be a surprise, we all know how the Blue Shield gets down, especially since bringing him to justice would have meant implicating themselves. Honestly, he may have caught a net L. He lives to do police work and he can no longer do that. Would any of us be that surprised to learn he committed that a couple years after the show ended? Compare his outcome to the outcome of his partner in crime, Pendleton, who also wasn't punished, but was actually rewarded!

The Greek....now, he's obviously the biggest piece on the board (that we've seen), but he was the biggest before the show, and after. We don't know enough about his operation to know how much of a W he caught on any front during (aside from the inherent W in avoiding the L of being caught and sent to prison). Did his profits go up or down? Who knows? Is his whore and commercial goods ventures back to normal? Probably, but that's not confirmed either.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The Greek....now, he's obviously the biggest piece on the board (that we've seen), but he was the biggest before the show, and after. We don't know enough about his operation to know how much of a W he caught on any front during (aside from the inherent W in avoiding the L of being caught and sent to prison). Did his profits go up or down? Who knows? Is his whore and commercial goods ventures back to normal? Probably, but that's not confirmed either.
That's the beauty of it though. Man supplies an entire city with drugs and sex trafficking and his name is in the wind.

Daps
That's the beauty of it though. Man supplies an entire city with drugs and sex trafficking and his name is in the wind.
No doubt. He's def at the top, and damn near untouchable (his tentacles even stretched out to the FBI's San Diego office :whew:)

What I'm getting at is, if he went from making $500M/year to $450M/year would you say he caught the biggest W of the series? In either case, he's still the biggest piece on the board. We're in no position to say what happened to his profits over the course of the five seasons. The only W we actually saw him get was increasing his drug shipments from just supplying Joe to supplying pretty much all off Baltimore. But then Vondas mentioned an L he caught from a some Spanish cats trying to stiff him, did those cancel each other out? Or did he replace the Spanish cats with other dealers to take that product? Who knows?

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:
you sure you in the right thread :martin:
Think about it

Avon only had 5 years left on his sentence, reputation still intact(something Marlo strived to attain ironically)

Had Sergei, a direct line to the Greek, answering to him in the jail Avon also ran

When he met Marlo that day Avon knew it was a wrap for Joe, which is only good for Avon once he's out

THEN Marlo(AND Omar) gets taken out of the equation too

What's stopping Avon from running Baltimore once he gets out?

I'd bet it all that Avon had more power after that 5 year sentence than before he went in

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Think about it

Avon only had 5 years left on his sentence, reputation still intact(something Marlo strived to attain ironically)

Had Sergei, a direct line to the Greek, answering to him in the jail Avon also ran

When he met Marlo that day Avon knew it was a wrap for Joe, which is only good for Avon once he's out

THEN Marlo(AND Omar) gets taken out of the equation too

What's stopping Avon from running Baltimore once he gets out?

I'd bet it all that Avon had more power after that 5 year sentence than before he went in
Dog...nobody who was currently in jail is the BIGGEST W no matter how you try and spin it on top of no one in the co-op wanted to fukk with him BEFORE he went to jail and damn near ALL his crew is gone:martin:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Caccetti and Valcheck :mjpls:

Both moved up in ranks on some fluke shyt and kept winning

Sidenote: it was nice seeing Martin O'malley(the person who the Carcetti character is based on) fail miserably in his attempt to run for president :ahh:

Why you hate him?