Spin Thread: Fighting Career You Wish You Could Salvage?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I won't choose anybody that became a champ or defended a belt a few times, because in the grand scheme of things, if you reach that level of the sport, most would say you've had a decent/good career. Especially when you consider the amount of journeymen, fringe contenders, cans, etc..that exist.
So with that said.....

Ike Ibeabuchi - those Tua and Bryd wins were pretty good. Would have loved to see how far his career could have went after that.

Rocky Juarez- dude made some good entertaining/competitive fights but lacked that extra push to get over the hump whether inner or exterior forces I wish he could have gotten the decision in the 1st MAB fight. His career needed that one great moment. He used to piss me the fukk off when he didn't let his hands go, :snoop:, but I always liked watching him regardless because I figured one day he'd pull through but alas it never happened. In a sense Rocky Juarez is the type of boxer that truly represents the epitome of stanning. A borderline B level guy that is always competitive, but hovers around the brink of defeat or sudden success. He keeps you interested because one day you'll think he'll pull it all together or get the benefit of the doubt. He prolly has the career Zab, Broner and Glen Johnson had if they never won titles. I watched his career from the very beginning when he was sharing cards with Baby Bull and....

Franciso Panchito Bojado - this nikka was too damn talented to not have a decent career or at least work his way into grabbing a vacant title. Crazy how boxing works. The most talented out of the trio went the shortest distance within the sport. Juan Diaz was always looked as the lesser one and ended up having the best career. :ehh:

James Kirkland - he never got that shot at the elites when he was in his prime and on his run. nikka ruined/stopped Angulo before it became the cool thing to do. He deserved his shot then it never happened. Years later he got his final shot against Tapia and was brought into lose and he ruined another nikka. He deserved a shot then, but it never happened. I feel like his nature and boxing politics robbed us of seeing a prime Wolfe trained Kirkland fight a division elite for a title. :ohlawd:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
can you elaborate more on this? I always thought taylor was shaky since the first bhop fight
Taylor had good boxing ability but he wasn't treating his career seriously enough, and ES put up with it for far too long.

He wasn't just a fluke, he could've been great... even at 168, but he just wanted to do him. And drugs.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Yup, and the Fernando Vargas fight was entertaining too. Shane rematch was lowkey entertaining as well. Soliman fight was lit.

Winky had his share of entertaining fights.
Facts..they all were..The lead up to the Hopkins fight was lit & Bernard said during the build up they he knew the formula to beat Winly so when he threw Winky off his game that fight I was :ohhh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Rocky Juarez- dude made some good entertaining/competitive fights but lacked that extra push to get over the hump whether inner or exterior forces I wish he could have gotten the decision in the 1st MAB fight. His career needed that one great moment. He used to piss me the fukk off when he didn't let his hands go, :snoop:, but I always liked watching him regardless because I figured one day he'd pull through but alas it never happened. In a sense Rocky Juarez is the type of boxer that truly represents the epitome of stanning. A borderline B level guy that is always competitive, but hovers around the brink of defeat or sudden success. He keeps you interested because one day you'll think he'll pull it all together or get the benefit of the doubt. He prolly has the career Zab, Broner and Glen Johnson had if they never won titles. I watched his career from the very beginning when he was sharing cards with Baby Bull and....

same..i really wanted him to pick up a belt..it makes no sense he never got over the hump..he should have gotten the decision and the title over that fukk chris john in the first fight

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
same..i really wanted him to pick up a belt..it makes no sense he never got over the hump..he should have gotten the decision and the title over that fukk chris john in the first fight

Yup, I felt he won the 1st Chris Jon fight too with his basic ass self. That nikka Rocky could never get a break. :mjcry:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Facts..they all were..The lead up to the Hopkins fight was lit & Bernard said during the build up they he knew the formula to beat Winly so when he threw Winky off his game that fight I was :ohhh:
Winky-bhop fight was an eyesore of a fight to me but the undercard was something else..very rare you see 2 fighters in separate fights catch brain bleeds

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin