Spin Thread: Fighting Career You Wish You Could Salvage?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Mesi got that media stimulus package, but he was probalby gonna be a solid journeyman until the ruling.
I thought Barrett was gonna get him.
i thought barrett won that fight..might go and rewatch that fight sometime..the jirov fight should have been stopped in the final round..if that fight was 12 rounds mesi would have been ko'ed and prolly badly hurt since he picked up those bleeds on the brain

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
i thought barrett won that fight..might go and rewatch that fight sometime..the jirov fight should have been stopped in the final round..if that fight was 12 rounds mesi would have been ko'ed and prolly badly hurt since he picked up those bleeds on the brain
I agree, but you can't knock it, he would show up and be competitive in fights against legit folks and while he never lived up to the hype and wasn't capable of doing so, he sometimes get shyt on a little more than he deserves for what he accomplished.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I agree, but you can't knock it, he would show up and be competitive in fights against legit folks and while he never lived up to the hype and wasn't capable of doing so, he sometimes get shyt on a little more than he deserves for what he accomplished.

but he got the attention because a white american heavyweight who can punch is boxing gold and a promoters dream lol..shoot had his career not virtually ended at the hands of jirov...he prolly would have been the one in rocky balboa instead of tarver lol

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
but he got the attention because a white american heavyweight who can punch is boxing gold and a promoters dream lol..shoot had his career not virtually ended at the hands of jirov...he prolly would have been the one in rocky balboa instead of tarver lol
You know it, being italian from New York, he was box office gold.

R.B.J1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Ricky Womack from Detroit, he was good friends with my older brother. Womack beat Holyfield twice in the amateurs, was convicted of armed robbery early in his career, served 15 years and committed suicide shortly after getting released.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ricky Womack from Detroit, he was good friends with my older brother. Womack beat Holyfield twice in the amateurs, was convicted of armed robbery early in his career, served 15 years and committed suicide shortly after getting released.
Do you know why he killed himself? He had some fights which he won before he did

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
Iran Barkley. I know that's a weird thing to say about a 3 division champion but he could've been more than what he was.

Huge size for a middleweight that could fight on the inside and had a pretty good jab when he utilized it, I wish Barkley could've got in contact with some trainers who would've actually invested in his career. He was always treated as the opponent for another marquee name. By the time Eddie Mustapha got to him his skills had eroded so he changed his style to a swarmer, but in his prime Barkley was more talented than that.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Iran Barkley. I know that's a weird thing to say about a 3 division champion but he could've been more than what he was.

Huge size for a middleweight that could fight on the inside and had a pretty good jab when he utilized it, I wish Barkley could've got in contact with some trainers who would've actually invested in his career. He was always treated as the opponent for another marquee name. By the time Eddie Mustapha got to him his skills had eroded so he changed his style to a swarmer, but in his prime Barkley was more talented than that.

eddie i think changed his style to a swarmer because iran was in the beginnings of having eye issues..eddie prolly got the best of the remaining ability but the rematch with him and hearns finished them both...he prolly should have retired by then...but he didnt :francis: