Reppin
#catset
Aquemini
SPCM
ATLiens
Stankonia
Speakerboxxx/Love Below

I consider them all classics but that's my personal order
the top 3 here are fluid for me. some days i prefer SPCM some days atliens some days aquemini. im glad to see SPCM getting love tho.

but i wanna say SPCM should be on top mostly for git up git out

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Blueprint way more overrated. :manny:
Ill make that thread one day as well. Thats coming. Definetley

Fake classics EXPOSED

This is actually one of my finer threads only for the discussion. Whoever upped + you , may have just inspired another

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ill make that thread one day as well. Thats coming. Definetley

Fake classics EXPOSED

This is actually one of my finer threads only for the discussion. Whoever upped + you , may have just inspired another

I wouldn't say fake classic. Blueprint is widely considered a classic, but flawed album. I will reserve the rest of my thoughts for the thread.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I wouldn't say fake classic. Blueprint is widely considered a classic, but flawed album. I will reserve the rest of my thoughts for the thread.
Well not 5 mics is my meaning. Its a dipe album. Doper than this one imo. Just not a true illmatic type classic

noumena

All Star
Daps
I thought I was the only one who thought this. I'd easily take Southerplayalistic over Stankonia. I'm always about the production and Stankonia's production wasn't good at all. Some really trash beats if I remember right. I'm gonna give a spin real quick and see if I still feel that way.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I just listened to it last night for the first time in a long time after an Outkast binge.

I started the day with ATLiens. Great album through and through. The album cuts are good, singles are good, beats fire. My first outkast album from 1996 on, still might be my favorite.

Next Aquemini. Great album bordering on classic. Singles are all monstrous. Da art remix and da art pt 2 all timers. Skew it an all timer. A cpl more. Etc. only problem is it slows all the way the fukk down after the arts of storytellin tracks and I really dont find the end to be that dope or exciting at all; but dont get it twisted, I love this album for the most part.

Ok. Now Stankonia was actually looking forward to this because I forgot what it sounded like and I have been giving albums a chance that I rushed through before. I fukk with Outkast so I didnt even think twice about it.

….

Whats happening here?

…..

Wtf

….

Is this…. What I think it is?

….

TRASH

Oscar the grouch GARBAGE

How the fukk did kast fans get away with labeling this album as great and them goats. Youre lucky I ignored this album all this time cause I woulda been on a warpath against them stanleys for this pos getting props like that. I remember BBC said it was the greatest hip hop album of the 21st century. CaaaaaaaaCs

The singles: GREAT. I love the singles. So fresh, bob, ms jackson are all great outkst tracks. All 3 5/5. So its not like they didnt have it in them. And like I said, all previous kast albums I loved.

Thats 3 tracks. The MAYBE i “like” 1-3 more songs. I couldnt tell ya off head because i dont like a single one on the level of these 3; im actually being nice saying another 1-3. Maybe they 3.5/4 outta 5.

Thats 4-6 songs.

Then, this album has NINE fukking skits. What is this tical 2? That had 9 skits and half of em were 5-15 seconds long. That album got panned because of the skits but somehow kast finessed 9 skits on a 24 track album and got it called classic. Amazing.

4-6 good songs

8/9 skits
That leaves 7-9 mediocre to bad songs.

Man theres second round C tier wu killer bee albums better than this. People had the nerve to say it was better than The W. Wow. What an exaggeration.

The most incredible thing about this album is how highly rated it is while simultaneously being PAINFULLY mediocre.

If this album a classic then wtf are the other ones? Super classics? This album is a 3.5 micer ON A GOOD DAY. I mights been ok with it being so if it wasnt called this great piece of work. I was expecting a 4.5 mic album and got a realistic 3.

fukk this album. Thats all I got to say.

I been saying this.

Glad someone else hears this huff and post that this shyt is huff.
Prolific posting.

Art Barr

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
It’s funny cause that’s the album younger fans bring up when talking about them. Plus the album cover is iconic and so many people wear it on t shirts. It’s definitely behind the first three.. all time overrated? I can’t get with that.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Dapped & repped

OutKast is cool, first three albums are classic. But the internet has gone ahead an overrated them to a whole other level, and it started with Stankonia.

Stankonia & The Blueprint are two of the most overrated projects off all time.
Bro if you have three classic albums, of course you’re going to get blown tf up out of this world lol. How many rappers or rap groups can even claim to have three classics?

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I do agree that Stankonia has been wildly overrated. I also love the singles and not much else. However, I disagree that The W is a better album. That one was a huge disappointment for me then and still now. Plus, the singles nowhere near Stankonia level.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
:pachaha:who wore that album on a shirt???
71IPLEc30wL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

It’s a big deal out here bruh.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I do agree that Stankonia has been wildly overrated. I also love the singles and not much else. However, I disagree that The W is a better album. That one was a huge disappointment for me then and still now. Plus, the singles nowhere near Stankonia level.
The w dont have any songs on a singoe level as big as the big singles on stankonia (tho gravel pit is in discussion tho not as good as theirs obv), but it still hs a handful of 5/5 deep wu cuts for wu fans that i think stankonia lacks that atliens and aquemini dont and is overall a more listenable album imo.

Imo i cant goto sleep, careful, hollow bones, chamber music, one blood were all 5/5 wu tracks. Rest of the album arent really hitting on that 5 star classic previous level either but they like 4s at worst and i think its way more listenable overall and noone calls the w a classic like they do stankonia. It gets shyt on too much if anything like it was garbage when it was a dope 4 micer.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have more of an appreciation about Stankonia now then when i heard it 20 plus years ago especially with how music in general has declined horribly since 2000. Its not overrated as it was never ranked their best but its far from wack.