Star Citizen | PC | TBA

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
The kickstarter(s) has raised $36 million so far :mindblown: it's from the creator of Wing Commander so you know it's pedigree. The game sounds absolutely insane and will have Oculus Rift support with CryEngine 3.

Player driven economy with piracy and hiking up prices, perma death :whoa:, dogfighting, boarding large enemy ships and planet exploration. Games like this and DayZ/Rust etc are why I fukks with the PC, from the sounds of it this is basically MMO Mass Effect with more "realism" to it :wow:

@Orbital-Fetus I think this is your game breh.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
if the combat sucks then all that other cool shyt goes out the window

but hopefully it comes out great

thats the hardest thing for these type of games now a days is getting the fighting / combat smooth

I cant play dayz.. too much swinging at someone face and not landing hits even though they are right infront of you :camby:

bodies falling into the ground and shyt :stopitslime:

I understand the appeal of it but I couldn't deal with that shyt and ive never played the game but just from past experiences it would teach me that I would not enjoy it.

but hope this turns out good

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
The kickstarter(s) has raised $36 million so far :mindblown: it's from the creator of Wing Commander so you know it's pedigree. The game sounds absolutely insane and will have Oculus Rift support with CryEngine 3.

Player driven economy with piracy and hiking up prices, perma death :whoa:, dogfighting, boarding large enemy ships and planet exploration. Games like this and DayZ/Rust etc are why I fukks with the PC, from the sounds of it this is basically MMO Mass Effect with more "realism" to it :wow:

@Orbital-Fetus I think this is your game breh.

why are you trying to end my real life with this sort of game?

i'll be homeless with a $2000 PC hooked up to a light post stealing wifi to play this game within a month.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
if the combat sucks then all that other cool shyt goes out the window

but hopefully it comes out great

thats the hardest thing for these type of games now a days is getting the fighting / combat smooth

I cant play dayz.. too much swinging at someone face and not landing hits even though they are right infront of you :camby:

bodies falling into the ground and shyt :stopitslime:

I understand the appeal of it but I couldn't deal with that shyt and ive never played the game but just from past experiences it would teach me that I would not enjoy it.

but hope this turns out good

Come on fam, the dude that made Wing Commander is making this, the space combat will be on point, all the FPS portion of the game will need to be is basically average.

DayZ will get better, it's still in alpha, the problem with the combat is the game engine it's built on wasn't that great to begin with.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
why are you trying to end my real life with this sort of game?

i'll be homeless with a $2000 PC hooked up to a light post stealing wifi to play this game within a month.

But you'll be the commander and leader of the mighty Coli Pirate federation :wow:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
holy fukk.. this is wild... especially on occulus rift... :wow: the future of gaming is bright brehs.. eventually we'll just be in the matrix.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I haven't played any, but space combat and boarding someones ship and murking them all and keeping the ship is very appealing to me :wow:

i know....believe me i know.

is this gonna be some WOW type game where you gotta keep playing to keep shyt you got?

what happens if i get a cool ship and then i leave the game?
do i get to keep it when i log back in?

this game looks cool as fukk but i don't want to get into some WOW type game.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

is this gonna be some WOW type game where you gotta keep playing to keep shyt you got?

it's an MMO breh. it's going to be a "WoW" type game. And it will ruin your life if you let it. but this is some next level innovative shyt breh :wow:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin

From reading up, it has a persistent universe that you don't even have to take part in.
http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Citizen

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
it's an MMO breh. it's going to be a "WoW" type game. And it will ruin your life if you let it. but this is some next level innovative shyt breh :wow:

i recognize and respect the epic level of awesome this game is...but i have enough problems in my life that are being put on the back burner because of regular PC games.

i do not need a fully immersive MMO to completely detach me from reality at this point in my life.

:cmon:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
From reading up, it has a persistent universe that you don't even have to take part in.
http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Citizen
yeah, it's pretty obvious this game was meant for multiplayer though. It'd be like buying battlefield and only playing the single player. I always like the aspect of permadeath and being able to take someone's loot. In the really early days of Star Wars Galaxies that's how it was specifically for the Jedi characters (which was insanely hard to unlock, like 5-6 people per server) but I was one of those people, if you ignited your lightsaber anyone was allowed to attack you and if you died you had to start your jedi character all over from level 1. It makes things so much more intense.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
yeah, it's pretty obvious this game was meant for multiplayer though. It'd be like buying battlefield and only playing the single player. I always like the aspect of permadeath and being able to take someone's loot. In the really early days of Star Wars Galaxies that's how it was specifically for the Jedi characters (which was insanely hard to unlock, like 5-6 people per server) but I was one of those people, if you ignited your lightsaber anyone was allowed to attack you and if you died you had to start your jedi character all over from level 1. It makes things so much more intense.

Yeah, I like the idea of permadeath, it makes people more cautious and the game is much more tense because of it.

This is game of the decade if done right.