Star once tried to bring light to hispanics using the N word in hip hop but it went under the radar.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
tumblr_pa7x2zMAyX1r1tiqco1_1280.jpg

With all this talk of 69 and Cardi B being Latino and using the N word I think back to when Star tried to make it into an issue but no one really cared. He would also single out Fat Joe and would put Joe on the spot in his face...But Joe would stand his ground. Star in return would repeatedly call him "spic" to his face as a sideways way of responding. :heh:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
tumblr_pa7x2zMAyX1r1tiqco1_1280.jpg

With all this talk of 69 and Cardi B being Latino and using the N word I think back to when Star tried to make it into an issue but no one really cared. He would also single out Fat Joe and would put Joe on the spot in his face...But Joe would stand his ground. Star in return would repeatedly call him "spic" to his face as a sideways way of responding. :heh:

I can't see the image because I'm on the work computer but I remember during the J.Lo and Ja Rule thing he brought it up as well...He's always been a crusader on that topic.

I don't personally care, but I'm Hispanic

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Jersey nikka trying to dictate New York norms isn't going to go well.

It's like a white person telling people of color what to do and think between each other. An outsider can't call shots on what goes on inside.

Last edited:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Jersey nikka trying to dictate New York norms isn't going to go well.

It's like a white person telling colored people what to do and think between each other. An outsider can't call shots on what goes on inside.

I think that dude from Chicago...NJ has the same dynamics as NYC in a lot of cities

straightcash

All Star
Daps
I think that dude from Chicago...NJ has the same dynamics as NYC in a lot of cities

I dont where he originally from but I believe he's from NJ. The dynamics are the same but he wasn't dictating to NJ was he? He was directing this to all NY rappers cuz only NY rappers were relevant (popping) to what he was talking about. Star is just a media person but this lingo stuff goes down to the streets and communities and they don't give two shyts what Star has to say. So it had no effect.

Last edited: