Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like anything short of Jedi for Finn and yall will be disappointed. Do I have to point out the horrible history of Jedi in this story again? I'd rather him be the next Solo who is skilled in many things and able to sacrifice himself time and time again than be a Jedi. The Jedi have turned out to be selfish, deathtraps that never learn from their predecessors. Just like in Clone Wars and Rebels, the real heroes of this saga are the non-Jedi, while the Jedi generally have whiney baby battles about their place in the universe. Anakin and Obi Wan are shown this time and time again, only for Ahsoka to be the only one that gets it. Black excellence would be best served if Finn is out there saving people and getting shyt done instead of going through the flawed angel arc of the Jedi. Hell, Anakin was given a chance to save the Universe and wouldn't. Would rather Finn be someone that would. I bet Chewie would.

Yes, I've read the MSW stuff. Sounds like Finn is the brave one. Closer to Han than anything. Bumbling is a bit much. Sounds a little like ROTJ Han, where he's a little stripped down vulnerable initially and has been through a trauma, but is still willing to help whomever no matter what. Remember Han's scene at the Sarlac Pit as well as his fight with the bike trooper after stepping on a stick and prematurely alerting them. If its anymore than what the MSW rumors are suggesting, don't worry, I'm sure blacks will walk out.

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
Another action figure of Rey has leaked. MASSIVE SPOILERS. LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Rey1.jpg

Rey-02.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So my guess from the book preview is

hes basically best in his class, which is good because it proves we WONT be getting a bumbling coward sidekick. I think him being distinguished amongst the other troopers could possibly hint at Force sensitivity down the line. I STILL think that all the previews of him with the light-saber HAVE to point towards him being trained at some point. No character in the movies besides Grevious has used a lightsaber for battle and ended up NOT force sensitive

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Umm....I better get this right....:russ:

For the most part, yes.

Finn comes off as pretty incompetent in all aspects.

In regards to the fight between Finn/Ren, I'ma put this in a second spoiler in case you don't want to know :

Finn stands up to Ren, but gets beat pretty candidly. Rey however, picks up the lightsaber and holds her ground. Eventually, the falcon comes and saves them. The shot of Rey crying on the ground is of her crying over injured Finn.

Also, it doesn't appear that he's force sensitive at all. Maybe the force "awakens" in him for the sequels, but in the shot list, only Rey is ever shown using the force.

If what your saying is true

then fukk this movie and it'll be the last Star Wars related ANTHING that gets my money

Daps

then fukk this movie and it'll be the last Star Wars related ANTHING that gets my money

If you go by the shot list, it says on there that Maz tells Finn he has a level of force sensitivity, which is why she gives him the light saber after Rey refuses

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Umm....I better get this right....:russ:

For the most part, yes.

Finn comes off as pretty incompetent in all aspects.

In regards to the fight between Finn/Ren, I'ma put this in a second spoiler in case you don't want to know :

Finn stands up to Ren, but gets beat pretty candidly. Rey however, picks up the lightsaber and holds her ground. Eventually, the falcon comes and saves them. The shot of Rey crying on the ground is of her crying over injured Finn.

Also, it doesn't appear that he's force sensitive at all. Maybe the force "awakens" in him for the sequels, but in the shot list, only Rey is ever shown using the force.

I don't even wanna see the movie now:scust:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
If you go by the shot list, it says on there that Maz tells Finn he has a level of force sensitivity, which is why she gives him the light saber after Rey refuses

:usure:

What? Maz never says that in the shot list.

What the shot list does do, however, is use the term "Special" anytime someone uses force powers. Maz uses "special powers". Kylo uses "special powers". Rey uses "special powers". The duel is described as this : EXT EVE - 327 - ENCHANTED FOREST NEAR STARKILLER BASE • Finn and Rey dance with Kylo Ren, Rey's special.

Finn is never given this designation. Because he's *just* a red-herring/troll. He's not "special". He's not force sensitive.

Maz only wants Finn to have the "special thing" (How they describe the lightsaber) because she knows it will eventually end up in Rey's hands.

millenniumfalcon.com • MF.com

Last edited:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
You in Europe huh. Lucky a$$, lol. I can't believe they didn't open it everywhere at the sametime.

That London privilege

Funny how it works though, we get certain Marvel films 1st but we still aint even got Creed and we only Black Mass 2 weeks ago lol

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Game of Thrones spoiler policy is underway, if nikkas spoil with no tags, they gone.
:whew:

You got me....:russ:

BTW, something else I should add (SPOILERS) :

[spioler]In the beginning of the film, /spoiler]

I was mad as hell when I read that in the leaked script.
Nice spoiler tag clown.... do you proofread your posts?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I feel like anything short of Jedi for Finn and yall will be disappointed. Do I have to point out the horrible history of Jedi in this story again? I'd rather him be the next Solo who is skilled in many things and able to sacrifice himself time and time again than be a Jedi. The Jedi have turned out to be selfish, deathtraps that never learn from their predecessors. Just like in Clone Wars and Rebels, the real heroes of this saga are the non-Jedi, while the Jedi generally have whiney baby battles about their place in the universe. Anakin and Obi Wan are shown this time and time again, only for Ahsoka to be the only one that gets it. Black excellence would be best served if Finn is out there saving people and getting shyt done instead of going through the flawed angel arc of the Jedi. Hell, Anakin was given a chance to save the Universe and wouldn't. Would rather Finn be someone that would. I bet Chewie would.

Yes, I've read the MSW stuff. Sounds like Finn is the brave one. Closer to Han than anything. Bumbling is a bit much. Sounds a little like ROTJ Han, where he's a little stripped down vulnerable initially and has been through a trauma, but is still willing to help whomever no matter what. Remember Han's scene at the Sarlac Pit as well as his fight with the bike trooper after stepping on a stick and prematurely alerting them. If its anymore than what the MSW rumors are suggesting, don't worry, I'm sure blacks will walk out.
If he's not gonna be a Jedi he needs to take that light saber out his scary ass hands

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

I like Solo but what was he skilled at ? He was a bumbling smuggler turned friend...

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps

I would advise you to go in with low expectations in regards to the characters breh :whoa: they already got Lupita playing a hideous looking alien whilst the other women have stand out human ("normal") designs :mjpls:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Nice spoiler tag clown.... do you proofread your posts?

:leostare:

Not sure if serious.

I like Solo but what was he skilled at ? He was a bumbling smuggler turned friend...

Han was far from bumbling, particularly in the first two movies (He was bad in ROTJ, but that movie had *many* issues with characterization).

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I would advise you to go in with low expectations in regards to the characters breh :whoa: they already got Lupita playing a hideous looking alien whilst the other ones have stand out human ("normal") designs :mjpls:
Lupita is a hideous alien
Jarjar voice actor is an alien motion captured by a cac
Finn is a bytch.

:camby: