Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
:leostare:

Not sure if serious.

Han was far from bumbling, particularly in the first two movies (He was bad in ROTJ, but that movie had *many* issues with characterization).

What are you talking about the first two movies displayed his bumbling ass nature....Being forced to land on the death star because he was chasing a lone ship and ultimately being captured by the empire because he couldnt pay his debts to Jabba...

ROTJ was basically Luke having to save his ass....before they destroyed the death star again...

Like i said i like Solo's character he had heart for a regular ass thief but he wasnt a skilled person by any means...he wasnt any different from a stormtrooper in terms of his fighting skills...

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Reading the last two pages and what I'm gathering is that you all will be pissed at anything that isn't Finn being be biggest badass put on film:flabbynsick:
Oh no Rey is doing stuff he isn't:flabbynsick:
Oh Han Solo asked him if he's ready for this? Negro cinema steryoyphes :flabbynsick:
You all essentially want a cardboard cutout, the Finn I see is a pure of heart, brave, moral, and badass soldier who fights with a lightsaber who will certainly grow as time goes on and inspire black children along the way.
It's funny how the ones whining the most about how Finn is represented and black representation are the ones going around screaming "cac" this and "cac" that and fakkit and talking about how they can't associate with white people in the real world yet they're seeking validation through and consuming "white media".

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
What are you talking about the first two movies displayed his bumbling ass nature....Being forced to land on the death star because he was chasing a lone ship and ultimately being captured by the empire because he couldnt pay his debts to Jabba...

ROTJ was basically Luke having to save his ass....before they destroyed the death star again...

Like i said i like Solo's character he had heart for a regular ass thief but he wasnt a skilled person by any means...he wasnt any different from a stormtrooper in terms of his fighting skills...
Well if you think Han was bumbling than brace yourself breh....:laugh:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Navigated through an asteroid field despite the odds of 3,720 to 1. He and Luke gunned down those TIEs chasing them after they escaped the Death Star. Saved Luke from getting gunned down in the trench(Darth Vader had him radar locked). Did he bumble some? Yes. But he was also the most human character in the series, got the girl and saved the day multiple times. I guess if he was black, black people would hate Star Wars?

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading the last two pages and what I'm gathering is that you all will be pissed at anything that isn't Finn being be biggest badass put on film:flabbynsick:
Oh no Rey is doing stuff he isn't:flabbynsick:
Oh Han Solo asked him if he's ready for this? Negro cinema steryoyphes :flabbynsick:
You all essentially want a cardboard cutout, the Finn I see is a pure of heart, brave, moral, and badass soldier who fights with a lightsaber who will certainly grow as time goes on and inspire black children along the way.
It's funny how the ones whining the most about how Finn is represented and black representation are the ones going around screaming "cac" this and "cac" that and fakkit and talking about how they can't associate with white people in the real world yet they're seeking validation through and consuming "white media".

lately, every time these dudes dont like something there's a "cac" agenda. it's lazy as fukk.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Navigated through an asteroid field despite the odds of 3,720 to 1. He and Luke gunned down those TIEs chasing them after they escaped the Death Star. Saved Luke from getting gunned down in the trench(Darth Vader had him radar locked). Did he bumble some? Yes. But he was also the most human character in the series, got the girl and saved the day multiple times. I guess if he was black, black people would hate Star Wars?

Admiral Ackbar or an empire TIE pilot could have done either of those things....Could Solo have rescued Leia and Luke from Jabba's palace ? Of course not he wouldnt have made it into the main room...Hes a regular character with some endearing qualities IE loyalty but hes not skilled is my only point...

He has the same skills as a storm trooper or an imperial pilot...they require a ship or blaster...

In the star wars galaxy he is a pawn...a pawn who made some powerful allies but a pawn nonetheless.

Lando >>> Solo

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Sorry, but this is ridiculous. The spoilers simply don't suggest that.

:beli:

millenniumfalcon.com • MF.com

The Force Awakens Synposis - Public

Read the whole thing. I don't see what there is left to say. It's all there.

The makingstarwars info picked up on Finncompetence months ago, and the shot list just confirms it.

@23Stapscity

lately, every time these dudes dont like something there's a "cac" agenda. it's lazy as fukk.

You know what's even lazier? Black characters with the same old caveats as they have always had.

The blatant misdirection is what is ruffling feathers.

People are just more passionate here because 1) It's Star Wars so it's a bigger deal and 2) They happily accepted the marketing buzz around the idea of a Black Jedi lead, knowing what the movie was. It's shytty, and I've seen this discussion EVERYWHERE, not just The Coli, so please don't jump to the tired "these coli militants and their conspiracies" nonsense.

Frankly, I've been following the pr, and I'm getting a sense that they have picked up on some of these concerns. They have been walking back Boyega's importance these past couple of weeks. He was at one of those conferences and was all "Honestly, I relate to Rey's character more than anyone". He also seemed a little :usure: during that Sway interview when they were talking that "save the galaxy:

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The makingstarwars info picked up on Finncompetence months ago, and the shot list just confirms it.

@23Stapscity

You know what's even lazier? Black characters with the same old caveats as they have always had.

People are just more passionate here because 1) It's Star Wars so it's a bigger deal and 2) They happily accepted the marketing buzz around the idea of a Black Jedi lead, knowing what the movie was. It's shytty, and I've seen this discussion EVERYWHERE, not just The Coli, so please don't jump to the tired "these coli militants and their conspiracies" nonsense.

Frankly, I've been following the pr, and I'm getting a sense that they have picked up on some of these concerns. They have been walking back Boyega's importance these past couple of weeks. He was at one of those conferences and was all "Honestly, I relate to Rey's character more than anyone". He also seemed a little :usure: during that Sway interview when they were talking that "save the galaxy:
Wait I read this all. Really Finn looks bad and bumbling ??? To me he looks heroic and has a arc. I see no dialogue here so i don't get some of the conclusions you guys are reaching

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

@23Stapscity

The trailer said "a jedi" and showed Finn and they got him using a light saber. I don't know why they would try mislead us but that's what's bothering me the most. We were skeptical as to what his role would be because we know the archetype. It seemed like they were going against that and to have that not be the case will be a major disappointment. I'm hoping he ends up a jedi at some point.

And he better bag Rey in the end:birdman: