Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I just got back and i really enjoyed it. I think JJ did the best he could with how The Last Jedi left the story. The movie was paced very well, and the action was the best in the new trilogy. The humor is improved too. I want to see it again tomorrow

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Question for anybody that already saw this, I'm just wondering if I missed something -

Did they ever really explain how Palpatine was still alive? As I recall it was basically just like -

"This nikka Palpatine still alive" :damn:

"How sway, how?" :wtf:

" :manny: IDK, probably used the dark side or clones or something, anyway we need to find him".

If not they really could've explained that a bit better.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Critics liked The Last Jedi for the most part but fans hated it. Whereas with this, it seems like critics are bashing it but audiences think it's mostly decent.

That seems to be the case as I've seen a few people post on FB that they loved it and one girl even called me out for saying it was a mess of a film. I may end up looking like the crazy person on this.

Even the main guy on Midnight's Edge channel said it wasn't as bad as he originally thought (but he's not a big Star Wars fan.)

Question for anybody that already saw this, I'm just wondering if I missed something -

Did they ever really explain how Palpatine was still alive? As I recall it was basically just like -

"This nikka Palpatine still alive" :damn:

"How sway, how?" :wtf:

" :manny: IDK, probably used the dark side or clones or something, anyway we need to find him".

If not they really could've explained that a bit better.

It's kind of implied that he cloned himself...I guess? Honestly I don't know. If Palpatine had planet destroying Star Destroyers on ice the whole time why the fukk did he need Starkiller Base?

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That seems to be the case as I've seen a few people post on FB that they loved it and one girl even called me out for saying it was a mess of a film.

Even the main guy on Midnight's Edge channel said it wasn't as bad as he originally thought (but he's not a big Star Wars fan.)
I think this film is far better than The Last Jedi but it was impossible to salvage what they had done. People expecting them to change course completely and push Rey aside to suddenly prop up Poe or Finn were always going to be disappointed. They made their bed on the direction they took with Rey, and within that range they did what they could to bring the story to a closure after TLJ threw everything in the incinerator.

That makes it an ill-conceived film by default, but they did a decent enough job to try and right some of the shyt.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
EMNLRHdUEAArkBQ.jpg

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like the usual response to a JJ Abrams movie after the opening week. All the stuff that made you say "wait a minute" or didn't quite feel right when it first happened but you couldn't really give much thought to because JJ never slows down will become more apparent as the weeks go by.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I thought it was ok

That Chewie "reaction" almost got me :mjcry:

Its just an average movie, no more no less. Typical JJ :yeshrug:

Finn was better, but still such a meh character. Rey and Kylo were handled decent.