Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
interesting look at Critic vs Fan Rotten Tomatoes score here... surprised to see critics liked Episode 3 more than the fans. a similar vibe to Episode 9. i remember that came out and people were 50/50 unlike the 1st 2 movies

RT's Jeff Giles decided to put out a piece listing "ALL STAR WARS MOVIES RANKED BEST TO WORST BY TOMATOMETER". I clicked it with great trepidation, and as I feared, it was the "professional critics" list. To spare you all the click, here's that list with scores, and I threw in Solo for completeness (something Jeff elected not to do):
  1. Episode 5 - The Empire Strikes Back 95%
  2. Episode 7 - The Force Awakens 93%
  3. Episode 4 - A New Hope 93%
  4. Episode 8 - The Last Jedi 91%
  5. Side-story 1 - Rogue 1 85%
  6. Episode 6 - Return of the Jedi 80%
  7. Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith 79%
  8. Side-story 2 - Solo 70%
  9. Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones 66%
  10. Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace 55%
As expected, all the most amusing gimmicks and works come to play in this hilarious bit, ROTJ's hilariously low ranking, ANH ranking below the movie which rips it off despite having an identical score, TLJ being ahead of anything whatsoever.

However, something Jeff neglects to mention is the staggering difference when you compare the above list with the audience-rated list, which I enumerate for you below (also including Solo):

1. Episode 5 - The Empire Strikes Back 97%
  2. Episode 4 - A New Hope 96%
  3. Episode 6 - Return of the Jedi 94%
  4. Episode 7 - The Force Awakens 88%
  5. Side-story 1 - Rogue 1 87%
  6. Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith 65%
  7. Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace 59%
  8. Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones 57%
  9. Side-story 2 - Solo 55%
  10. Episode 8 - The Last Jedi 46%

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Straight trash....I will stick to Pod Racing with The Phantom Menace over this bantha poodoo....

Pacing was awful, story was dreadful, characters you can't rally behind....nostalgia failed because it really is masking the horrible story in general....

John Williams is washed.....he just spliced the OT themes with the Rey and Kylo main themes...sigh...

Really? Lesbian pilots needed to be added too?

This is a Frankenstein movie, took parts of old scripts, EU novels, OT, PT, and threw it together....trash, trash, trash!!!!
What are you talking about? There's no source material to take from :russ::russ::russ: . like
Palpatine clones ain't straight from EU.

They did piece this together. I like it enough because it did have a plot, and action. But like I said, this is one movie in which you can shyt on and be correct, and love and be correct.

momma

All Star
Daps
I wasn't mad at it. I felt like the first 2/3rds of the movie was a travesty until the last third when they finally started to tell a story with actual characters and deliver on the movie's themes, which was all I was hoping for at that point in the movie when it felt like the script was totally incompetent at getting across what it wanted to. Scenes and dialogue would fly by a mile a minute, side characters were introduced just for the sake of future spin-offs, and story threads were shoved in to appease studio directives and tie up loose ends created by the last 2 movies. The third act felt more focused, fun, and driven and even though some of it was stupid and tried really hard to be like Endgame, fukk it it's Star Wars not Casablanca.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
chewbacca didnt die did he?
vHgYOwi.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

noob_saibot

All Star
Daps
Well I didn’t hate it.. I think it will age badly though, because there are so many issues with the plot if you think a bit more about it.

Has some entertaining moments, better than the previous movie at least. I expected much worse tbh.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yep their reviews are so over the top. "Oh my god I have never been moved by a movie like this....it made my titty nipples hard like a cold wind hit my chest"...:duck:

I can’t front...... those sound like some of the reviews for some Warner Brothers movies:ehh:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
What's this Star Wars: GT joke, @Dallas' 4 Eva ? Explain

Have you ever noticed nobody talks about Dragon Ball GT, and they made a whole new series Super and completely act like GT doesn't exist? Yeah it's because GT is trash, kind of like these movies.

Last edited: