Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
thoughts on the last battle
so the Most Poweful Sith ever...

got hit by his own Force Lightning 3x (Mace Windu, vs Darth Vader, now Rey)

Papaltine unleashes full power Force Lightning that completely disables the entire Rebel Fleet of thousands of ships. Rey, who has interned for 2 summers as a Jedi, barely still alive can deflect it back with 2 lightsabers.
When I first read it a few weeks I didn’t believe it. Then I saw the clip on YouTube. I‘ll never forgive them for this shyt.:hhh:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
2 days later I've softened on it a bit. It's mostly OK with some moments I really liked and some moments, unfortunately most of them in the very end, that I really dislike.

It fails to do what this trilogy's main job was, convince 'us' that Return of the Jedi wasn't a satisfying conclusion. As much as I dislike TFA, the premise that 'killing the Emperor = not killing the Empire' was something I believed in.
With the plot decisions made in this film, however, they throw that out of the window and the trilogy completely loses it's reason for being.

Individually they're fun movies to me, but they fail completely as a trilogy and even moreso as a continuation of the saga.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
thoughts on the last battle
so the Most Poweful Sith ever...

got hit by his own Force Lightning 3x (Mace Windu, vs Darth Vader, now Rey)

Papaltine unleashes full power Force Lightning that completely disables the entire Rebel Fleet of thousands of ships. Rey, who has interned for 2 summers as a Jedi, barely still alive can deflect it back with 2 lightsabers.

This was my first reaction, but I realize it should actually be interpreted as follows - which makes me OK with that moment:

The Jedi don't just give her advice, they lend her their powers.

That's why Palpatione says "I am every sith" or something and Rey says "And I am every Jedi".

The fact that ANAKIN is the prominent voice justifies that she overpowers Palpatine, imo.

It LOOKS FUKKING STUPID, and the fact that it's her and not Ben Solo or at least them together is FUKKING STUPID.

But I buy it.

It looks like the Voldemort vs Harry Potter fight :mjlol:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn, even The Mighty Star Wars had to kneel and copy The Almighty M....I can’t believe they did that shyt,
ol “And I...am..Iron Man!”-ass hoe!
LMAO

:dead: breh I wouldn't go to this shyt if the tickets were free. shyt why watch this when I can watch endgame. Its just the same movie with better characters, plot, acting and special effects...:mjlol: