Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

Daps
Critic scores and audience scores are polar opposites. Some close friends whose opinions I trust said it was cool.

I’m just gonna put all bias and premeditated hate aside and fairly judge it after I see it tonight
:yeshrug:

Daps
So does the stink of this trilogy tank Daisy Ridley’s career or is she gonna be able to rebound off this :jbhmm:
:yeshrug:

4nxcj7krkhg11.jpg

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This was my first reaction, but I realize it should actually be interpreted as follows - which makes me OK with that moment:

The Jedi don't just give her advice, they lend her their powers.

That's why Palpatione says "I am every sith" or something and Rey says "And I am every Jedi".

The fact that ANAKIN is the prominent voice justifies that she overpowers Palpatine, imo.

It LOOKS FUKKING STUPID, and the fact that it's her and not Ben Solo or at least them together is FUKKING STUPID.

But I buy it.

It looks like the Voldemort vs Harry Potter fight :mjlol:
It was the Jedi avatar state. The legend of Korra and this trilogy are the same thing

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
so... if rey is a
palpatine

what fukking skywalker is "rising"

I think you kind of missed the point of the ending:dwillhuh:

The Skywalker is Rey, she took on the Skywalker name at the end of the movie.

The point was that it doesn't matter if she's biologically a Palpatine, she's choosing to carry on the Skywalker legacy. The message is that your family doesn't determine who you are, you have a choice.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
so... if rey is a
palpatine

what fukking skywalker is "rising"
Rey goes back to Luke’s Aunt and Uncles house from A New Hope
someone asks who she is
She says “Rey....” looks to the side and sees Luke/Leia force ghosts then looks back and says “Skywalker”

Last edited:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm not going there. The force awakens was good to me. It was an update of a new hope while establishing new characters. I got no problem with it.

If u wanna know why this franchise fell off the rails ask Rian Johnson. Even Mark Hamil essentially said TLJ was some bullshyt.
Nah that shyt was unoriginal trash too. The last Jedi was original trash. And this final movie was the love child of two directors trash visions for the franchise coming together and imploding the entire 9 movie franchise.

It's really sad when you think about it. I'm getting annoyed at JJ fans and RJ fans pointing the finger at each other when they both were just embarrassingly bad.

This biggest slice of the blame pie goes to Kathleen Kennedy. She is the leader and had absolutely zero direction for the trilogy. The fact that they clearly didnt have a fully fleshed out, coherent story when they started this new trilogy is a fireable offense

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
rey goes back to Luke’s Aunt and Uncles house from A New Hope
someone asks who she is
She says “Rey....” looks to the side and sees Luke/Leia force ghosts then looks back and says “Skywalker”
Sounds like that comedy with Sinbad houseguest lmao. Dude pretended to be an old friend and dis bytch pretending not to be a sith Lord.