Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
tenor.gif
giphy.gif

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Trailer looked fukking amazing visually but the it still felt empty as fukk. And that's expected tbh. We've been saying for 2 years that this movie didn't have anything to base itself on to be a satisfying conclusion, as there really isn't a compelling story to conclude.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This was a weak trilogy. The second film did a horrible job of building up the third. There isn’t a respectable antagonist. The whole thing just comes across as amateurish at best. They should have mapped out a direction instead of having each movie’s director build the plot up piecemeal.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Trailer looked fukking amazing visually but the it still felt empty as fukk. And that's expected tbh. We've been saying for 2 years that this movie didn't have anything to base itself on to be a satisfying conclusion, as there really isn't a compelling story to conclude.
There’s just not a lot to like here. The whole sequel trilogy was unnecessary. It wasn’t planned nor was it a story than needed to be told. They should have used whatever Lucas gave them to use to make a sequel trilogy.

That being said I’m curious enough to still see this one to see how they attempt to clean up the mess The Last Jedi left. Looking back on it The Last Jedi was Matrix Revolutions level bad.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
This was a weak trilogy. The second film did a horrible job of building up the third. There isn’t a respectable antagonist. The whole thing just comes across as amateurish at best. They should have mapped out a direction instead of having each movie’s director build the plot up piecemeal.
The original writer of Episode 7 Michael Ardnt was taken off the script because he was taking too long and he said that this trilogy needed to be written out before they started filming. It was mentioned in the new book by Bob Iger.

they should’ve listened :francis:

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
JJ Abrams is back!

And so is the overwraught and unearned nostalgia bait based around characters and relationships so poorly defined over the past 2 films that the fop robot's speech is the most emotionally gripping part of the trailer. (Nevermind that he's calling characters "his friends" who we have NEVER seen him fukking interact with). I honestly think Rey's line in this sums it all up: No one really knows me. Yup, so true. I'm so glad this shyt is over with.

I was discussing it with my brother as we reacted to the trailer, but it seems like all Disney films are becoming homogeneous. Assembly line PG13 4-quadrant blockbusters that take no risks, and rely on the inherent connection audiences have with their properties to drum up interest while offering nothing new or compelling.

Last edited: