Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Official Thread)

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They only brought back Palpatine because they had nothing to sell this move on. The cohesion has been nonexistent since the beginning. We are at the third movie and I still don’t understand what this trilogy is about.

That's my problem. 2 movies down and we don't know what Kylo wants, the point of the FO, what Rey wants, Finn & Poe's purpose, the use of 3PO, what's Chewie hanging around for...or even what Snoke or Hux wanted.

We knew what the OT and the PT was about. Every character had some mission they were try to accomplish.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this trilogy not introducing a new alien main character is such a disaster. i guess there was so much backlash against cgi and obvious toys that they decided against it, but there are no cool fukkin aliens. how do you make 3 star wars movies with no cool looking... anyone really? Maz Kanata was a raisin and in 5 minutes of the movies. Snoke... i mean, i can rant about this burnt fukk for days and i still think he's one of the big reasons this trilogy is a mess, but i'll just move on... who else? Chewy is back, cool. Ackbar came back and died, cool, then lame. And... "Porgs were cute." ok, what else? There's one Resistance fighter alien. Nien Nub or whatever popped up for a second. that's it. they were so scared of Jar Jar backlash, they just gave us all humans, which fukkin sucks.

I'm trying to put myself in my childhood shoes. How are these movies moving toys? Wasn't that always the fun of Star Wars for kids? In terms of "cool" characters, we got Kylo Ren's helmet, which soon just became horseface Adam Driver. Chrome Storm Trooper who fukkin sucked, and was a girllllll!! - that's my 10 year old self reacting

All the shyt people talked about Lucas actually ended up making boring movies with stale characters. go figure. where's the Jaba? the Yoda? the Darth Maul? The Greivous? etc? even if they ultimately suck, you need them to counterbalance the regular people looking fukks.

BB-8 cool though. Little dude fixing C3PO was one of the best shots in the trailer.

Last edited:

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
They only brought back Palpatine because they had nothing to sell this move on. The cohesion has been nonexistent since the beginning. We are at the third movie and I still don’t understand what this trilogy is about.

Yup without Palpatine what the hell would be plot of the finale based solely off TFA and TLJ. Rey beating Kylo's ass again? :laff:

The Emperor coming back is a huge asspull :laff:

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Final Trilogy >>> Prequel Trilogy
probably... could just be the fact i watched the others as a kid/teen but i think the prequels may have more memorable moments in the end though. this new trilogy so far has had nothing memorable or "iconic." i'd argue pod races alone are more memorable than these 2 movies, and they're recent.

i can't imagine people saying "yoooo, remember that Rey and Kylo vs. Snoke fight?!" in 20 years. they really need to load this last movie the fukk up