Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker spoiler discussion thread

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Was I the only one that liked that Fin, Poe and Chewie scene when they were going COD on the stormtroopers on the ship?:hubie:I also liked that it's been retconned and Fin is now Force sensitive again:ehh:

It's kind of deflating knowing that Finn is force sensitive now because we'll never see him again in a movie more than likely so we won't get to see them follow up on that idea and other writers will probably ignore it. If JJ did TLJ we probably would've seen more progression in that area in this movie.

They couldn't have done this because of what the TLJ did but I think it would've been better if he showed glimpses of it in TLJ and then to start this movie he trains with Rey and is at least an average force user. Maybe have him fight the Knights of Ren or something, who they completely underutilized.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
It's kind of deflating knowing that Finn is force sensitive now because we'll never see him again in a movie more than likely so we won't get to see them follow up on that idea and other writers will probably ignore it. If JJ did TLJ we probably would've seen more progression in that area in this movie.

They couldn't have done this because of what the TLJ did but I think it would've been better if he showed glimpses of it in TLJ and then to start this movie he trains with Rey and is at least an average force user. Maybe have him fight the Knights of Ren or something, who they completely underutilized.

They have a year or 2 of adventures they can cover so maybe we can get a Clone Wars-type of series covering that.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
They have a year or 2 of adventures they can cover so maybe we can get a Clone Wars-type of series covering that.

It would have to take place after this trilogy for him to develop force powers and I doubt they'll do it because they may want to have narrative flexibility going into future movies. Plus no one really cares about this era, most of the new expanded universe content takes place either during the OT or between the OT and PT.

I think its too late for Finn, he'll go down as Poe without the flying, which is pretty useless.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The way I look at it, maybe there isn’t supposed to be a ‘THE one’ just the next one. Anakin was thought to be the one, but then he turned to the dark side. Then they thought Luke would be the one that would bring balance to the force. And in a way they were right when he turned out to be the one that turned his father back to the light and in turn Anakin saved Luke from the attack at the hands of the Emperor.

So at this point they’ve both fulfilled prophecies in a way. However as long as life goes on there will inevitably always be evil. So now with Anakin long gone and Luke older and in self imposed exile, there was a need for a next ‘one’ which is where Rey came in. If the continue to do movies down the line in this same universe, there will be another evil that arises and perhaps Rey will be unable to take care of it and a new ‘the one’ will be needed. It doesn’t tarnish or diminish the past it just builds on it

This makes sense but its boring and unoriginal.

Just give us new elements and plots no need to fall back on the cliche.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Anakin IS the chosen one.

Palpatine was dead, he said so himself. He's not his full self which is why he needs Rey so he can transfer his spirit.

As soon as he force drains them and becomes whole or whatever dumb shyt that was who shows up to give Rey the power to kill him again? Anakin (and the ghost-squad). Rey was KO until the Jedi stepped in.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So maybe a star wars lore master can explain this to me....

Why was she able to shoot lighting, isn't that an sith exclusive ability...? And her being tempted by the darkside isn't a good answer.

The yellow light saber at the end was that her new one? If so come on movie...at least show how she acquired it

Are abilities past down through birth? If so why would Palpatine a master planner that is manipulating things from the shows for years have kids and just let them go on living where ever... knowing that one down the line will be force sensitive? The sit seem pretty dumb for bad guys... like if force is "bloodline" related then have kids and train force sensitive ones up from youth to be sith.

Why did Kylo fade away after giving force but rey didn't after a force nuke....?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Why was she able to shoot lighting, isn't that an sith exclusive ability...? And her being tempted by the darkside isn't a good answer.

The yellow light saber at the end was that her new one? If so come on movie...at least show how she acquired it

Are abilities pasted down through birth? If so why would Palpatine a master planner that is manipulating things from the shows for years have kids and just let them go on living where ever... knowing that one down the line will be force sensitive? The sit seem pretty dumb for bad guys... like if force is "bloodline" related then have kids and train force sensitive ones up from youth to be sith.

Why did Kylo fade away after giving force but rey didn't after a force nuke....?

Rey+lightning: dumb writing. Episode II/III/VI all made lightning out to be some next level shyt. Before Dooku does it he even tells Yoda "I have become more powerful than any Jedi". There is no good explanation for her being able to do half the shyt she does in this trilogy.

Yellow saber: she made it from her staff, assume she went and looked for a Kyber crystal.

Abilities: bloodlines can matter. The OGs established that the force was strong in the Skywalker family, so assume it's the same in the Palpatine bloodline.

Palpatine and his kids: again weird writing that seems dumb with the story we've been given.

Kylo fading away: assume the difference is simply that he truly died, whereas Rey was on the verge. She did have that the Jedi ghosts giving her powers so that might be how she hung on.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I dont believe lighting is a sith only trait. the sith just only use it. how else would you describe yoda being able to absorb.

Yeah I dont think its sith only just really difficult and advanced. Her using it by accident was basically them trying to showcase that shes really strong with the force and a young prodigy (as if we didnt know that already)