State your unpopular comic book character opinion

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
  • Secret Invasion >>>>>>> world war hulk >>>> civil war
  • thor is fukking awful...a dumb charactor who always sucked with almost zero great tales
  • Darkseid > apocalype > stryfe >>>> thanos
  • Marvel could do a LOT more with Ghostrider
Lotta wasted potential here. How sick would it be to watch him fight Mephisto or Dormammu live action :lupe:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Bendis on a solo street level superhero book cannot be touched

BlackDroog

All Star
Daps
It's been a while but I recently started reading again...

Image always has better artwork and better stories than Marvel and DC.
Marvel has too many lame characters that distract from the good ones.
Outside of a select few Batman comics, DC comics are boring to me.
Apocalypse is the GOAT villain of any genre storytelling.
I love all of the marvel movies no matter how "bad" or "cheesy" they are. This includes The Wolverine, Elektra, Punisher Warzone and others that were ripped by critics and fans
:yeshrug:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Shazam is the most unique superhero there is and should be the most popular

dc, suing to own shazam is why he is lower tier than superman.
yet, real talk.....
shazam/captain marvel was always more liked by me than superman, ever.
real talk, only superman I like was the last movie and a few of his dc one shot animated movies.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I expect better.

Seriously tho, its not the initial flaws that I really take issue with, its the constant repetition of the same mistakes which I get annoyed about Spider-Man. He's actively made his own life harder by not developing his interpersonal skills and refusing to learn "how the game" is played.

Uncle Ben was an avoidable yet tragic situation, but so much of his life hardships could have been avoided had he just stood up for himself in key moments that he always faltered to do. I mean, I could expand on this if you'd like, but it just irks me and is a personal pet peeve of mine when someone had MAJOR potential and they continually waste it away doing dumb shyt. There is really no reason Peter Parker couldn't or shouldn't have a family with Mary Jane and a lil mini Stark level empire but because he wouldn't do simple shyt like go to his last few college classes to finish his doctorate or humble himself to work with established veteran heroes constantly knocks him back to square one.

Its frustrating, lol.

Think about it, all the major Marvel and DC properties of the 90s were and STILL ARE some of the top properties in comics today in 2014. What messed things up was the large amount of indy imitators and the major companies being threatened by competition rather than sticking to their guns and keeping the characters true to their core. BUT long run, it was an experimental stage for the industry and I think its better NOW for the struggles they went through.

The hard times make you stronger and appreciate the prosperity age comics are having now

Spiderman fell prey to writers with their wack shytty lives and awful creators and direction in the Bagley era.
when, yes,...
around the webs, mj/petey 300 McFarlane era.
spidey should have became a fullfledged adult, scientist and avenger.
who did develop a chemistry company to be the new stark.
why it never went that route and went off into wackness.
with rehashed, old spidey plots based around the cartoon and the spider clones and Madame web/slade/spider slayer is why Spiderman and marvel suck.
to destroy petey's life was complete bullshyt.
making mj into a punk bytch, ND neutering Petey were calls for castration to everyone at marvel.
one of the main reasons I stopped reading comics.
it was bad enough by elimination all the spidey titles except amazing were god awful. Yet, when amazing got pisspoor misdirected trash.
is when, I knew marvel would be lucky to still be Indy.
turns out they are no longer marvel but Disney.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Lol, that's my point and you summarized it better than I could.

Parker is a very likeable person but in any other medium he would be considered a Loser. He's the Charlie Brown of comics :lolbron:

dawg, this Peter is a socially awkward nerd shyt did not exist except for origin stories rehashes, back then.
spideypete had not been awkward or some loser for like twenty plus years. Making him a loser was because marvel writers had no idea how to really wrote comics in the mid-nineties after the Indy penciler of heroes left those staple books at marvel.
Pete rode a motorcycle, was cool, had spidey gadgets, was completely grown and stable.
he juggled two women and because of circumstance he choose the right one in mj.
who, used to be the perfect comic book babe.
who was a replacement for spidey's previous perfect babe for him as a character to build his esteem.
all, this Pete is a loser shyt was wrote out way before I was even cognitive and read Spiderman.
that is how misguided and wack marvel writers and editors got.
when, shooter was no longer there.
is what hurt all of comics, too.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The Ultimate Universe was a growing cash cow for Marvel and Loeb singlehandedly fukked that up. What he did was bad creatively and bad business, THAT is unforgivable

jeph Loeb is the absolute worst creator in comic history

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The retcons have really hurt the character IMO, but its COMICS so a string of quality writers can erase the bad shyt, but its the constant circle that gets annoying IMO. But as a business man I understand how and why its business first, but as a comic fan it bothers me :yeshrug:

THIS is the core of my problem, if a real person had these same traits, EVERYONE including us in this thread would call that guy a loser. We ALL have hardships we go through, but they are supposed to forge us into something stronger and Spidey constantly wilts and tries to get "do-overs". It IS part of his character to be self depreciating and constantly in depression but in the grand scheme of things or even compared to his peers like Wolverine and Daredevil, he doesn't have things THAT bad.

And I'm behind in "Amazing" right now but you put just another perfect example of Peter's personality flaws on his refusal to admit someone did things better than him. That is something he's done since the early 90s, but its a self defeating mindset to think that you can't learn and improve from your mistakes.

again, all this Pete is a loser shyt.
is from crap writers, not knowing how to actually write spidey.
coupled with editors who don't know spidey.
Peter was never this character they made him into in the Bagley era.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
marvel and dc comics are both shyt

wolverines rise to fame and them holding on to rob liefelds shytty characters and stories fukked up xmen

batman dikk riding and supermans existence will forever make DC trash

DC villains are kinda dope, but they have the lamest heroes

shazam is cool, but thats only cuz he wasnt created by DC

spiderman could probably be the greatest hero, but they write him like a bytch

joe quesada fukked up marvel

daredevil and hulk>>>

idepednat/creator owned shyt>>> marvel and dc

I hate joe Quesada.
he is exactly why comics suck.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Batman is alive...Slades record is 0-1 :shaq:

Even Damien and Grayson gave him that work if I'm not mistaken :mjpls:

yeah, after dc would have robin and bats scared shytless of Slade for decades.
that is also why no one read dc back in the day, too.

dc sucks and marvel sucks, too.

Art Barr