State your unpopular comic book character opinion

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Wolverine should be a background character with occasional one-shots/arcs. They demystified the character by pimpin him for dollars and letting everyone have a crack at him.

Artists that grew up in love with a character should have an editorial leash should they get the chance to write said character

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is no way that Mr. Fantastic should be considered smarter than Doom. Doom is just as smart in science, but he is also a sorcerer of the highest order and the ruler of his own country, so diplomacy, long game, policy making, economics, governing are all areas in which he surpasses Mr. bankrupt Fantastic.

Also, if the submariner can press 70 tons, why is he treated as equal to the likes of Hercules and Thor.

I hate that people in comics don't use their powers to kill people internally. For instance, every dark force user could make anyone's brain explode from inside their head, or absorbing the electrical impulses running through our body.

And I hate the whole concept of "with prep time X can beat anybody."

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Black Panther and the Wakanda mythos is the most overrated black superhero concept of all time, and that;s not saying much because of abundance of trash black superheros.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Black Panther and the Wakanda mythos is the most overrated black superhero concept of all time, and that;s not saying much because of abundance of trash black superheros.
How?
Wakanda and Black Panther represents an anti-white male patriarchy society........sounds like paradise to me

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
O and I just had a thought.......I dont think Black Panther would ever see the light of day if he was created by a Black Person......Or if he was a Milestone character, he would prob be swept under the rug after Milestone's collapse.:shaq2:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Loeb RUINED the Ultimate Universe :snoop:

Loeb ruins a lot of things:francis:

I legit think at this point Marvel uses him to demolish characters/stories so later creators can come in and build it up again and he did too good a job with the Ultimates so nothing can ever grow

:ld:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
How?
Wakanda and Black Panther represents an anti-white male patriarchy society........sounds like paradise to me
His costume is bland :francis:

Wtf does T'challa/T'chaka even means? Made up names by honkies to sound exotic? :beli:

He built up Wakanda from a "poor" country (in western terms) to the most technologically advanced nation in earth in what, 10 years ? :wtfutalkinbout: That's even more absurd then Batman learning AND mastering all the world's martial arts in a span of 10 years :dead:

Jason Aarons is a scumbag prick who made Storm a fukking whore :pacspit:

Overall marriage was forced/recton :beli:

The divorce was even worst, thanks to Aaron in AvX and bytchass cac Xstans :pacspit:

His books overall were BORING. Priest run expanded the universe but, he was ill-treated afterwards :francis:

He gets no p*ssy now, not his fault but the writers :francis:

He has no heir (that is cannon). Reed Richards has one but not a African king?? :beli:

He's a boring character overall. No secondary characterization like Stark or a mean-streak like Logan. Maybe that's not his style, he's just TOO refined :francis:

Lost the throne to his sister. Thankfully she's dead. What man does this? :beli:

Yes he's strong, powerful, and well educated, an alpha black man that is a positive character to read and look up too, BUT he's heavily underutilized, an eunich, portrayed as a horrible husband, lost the throne to his sister, married a whore with tons of beggage, lost WACKanda to Storm's fling, didn't kill Namor for fukking Storm and destroying Wakanda, and has no queen/heirs which is crucial in African tribal customs :francis:

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Rogue should be thicker than Storm

When jim lee drew her she was... :noah:

xmenannual1jimlee574.jpg

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Wtf does T'challa/T'chaka even means? Made up names by honkies to sound exotic? :beli:

He built up Wakanda from a "poor" country (in western terms) to the most technologically advanced nation in earth in what, 10 years ? :wtfutalkinbout: That's even more absurd then Batman learning AND mastering all the world's martial arts in a span of 10 years :dead:

The divorce was even worst, thanks to Aaron in AvX and bytchass cac Xstans :pacspit:

His books overall were BORING. Priest run expanded the universe but, he was ill-treated afterwards :francis:

He has no heir (that is cannon). Reed Richards has one but not a African king?? :beli:

He's a boring character overall. No secondary characterization like Stark or a mean-streak like Logan. Maybe that's not his style, he's just TOO refined :francis:

Lost the throne to his sister. Thankfully she's dead. What man does this? :beli:

Yes he's strong, powerful, and well educated, an alpha black man that is a positive character to read and look up too, BUT he's heavily underutilized, an eunich, portrayed as a horrible husband, lost the throne to his sister, married a whore with tons of beggage, lost WACKanda to Storm's fling, didn't kill Namor for fukking Storm and destroying Wakanda, and has no queen/heirs which is crucial in African tribal customs :francis:

All that stuff you mentioned is on the writers and Marvel editorial, they make him that way. When well written, the character itself is good.

But I don't blame you, he went through a lot of fukkery lately.

EDIT: It might vary depending on the writer but in general Wakanda wasnt a poor country, and T'Challa and T'Chaka aren't responsible for Wakanda being wealthy, it already was. However T'Chaka and/or TChalla ended the isolationist policy Wakanda had for centuries.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'm late as fukk but I just found out they completely redesigned Amanda Waller on the new 52...wtf?!?!?:mindblown:

NHsbzyu.jpg

What kind of fukking fukkery is this?!?!? This is not Amanda Waller! Wtf:scust:

Changed her look to resemble a bootleg Vixen. Why not just push Vixen herself?!:wtf:

Bring back "the Wall!"

yLPxCbX.jpg

hsC4FSx.jpg

The fukk is up with these comic book ppl Brehs? Big 2 staying on that bullshyt.:aicmon:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
* The Fantastic Four isn't my favorite group in comics, but they're vastly better characters than people give them credit for. A lot of us forget how much they changed the game for the whole comicbook medium, and the Marvel Universe as we know it.They were the first popular heroes that weren't paragons. Reed and Sue had ups and downs in their marriage. Johnny was an impulsive, hot-headed teenager. Ben looked like a monster, but was a good hearted dude. The FF also introduced some of the GOAT characters across the Marvel universe: Doctor Doom, the Skrulls, the Watcher, the Silver Surfer, Galactus, Black Panther. They also introduced the Negative Zone, and the Inhumans.
Again, not my favorite group, but they're way better than people give them credit for.

48.jpg

:wow:

* Venom isn't even a top 3 Spider-man villain, IMO. Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Kraven the Hunter >

latest
doctor_octopus1007.jpg
267610-147367-kraven-the-hunter.jpg

* Claremont/Byrne/Austin >>> The Jim Lee/Blue and Gold 90s era

Byrne-X-men-Montage-Small.jpg

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps

T'chaka is meant to be an expy of Shaka Zulu. Hence why their names are so similar. T'challa is derived from T'chaka, hence his name. Also, it's implied that Wakanda was advanced since ancient times, just not modernized if that makes any sense. They had all the tools except the industrial aspect going for them.

Last edited: