State your unpopular comic book character opinion

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm late as fukk but I just found out they completely redesigned Amanda Waller on the new 52...wtf?!?!?:mindblown:

NHsbzyu.jpg

What kind of fukking fukkery is this?!?!? This is not Amanda Waller! Wtf:scust:

Changed her look to resemble a bootleg Vixen. Why not just push Vixen herself?!:wtf:

Bring back "the Wall!"

yLPxCbX.jpg

hsC4FSx.jpg

The fukk is up with these comic book ppl Brehs? Big 2 staying on that bullshyt.:aicmon:

They have not known what they were doing since 1996.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I expect better.

Seriously tho, its not the initial flaws that I really take issue with, its the constant repetition of the same mistakes which I get annoyed about Spider-Man. He's actively made his own life harder by not developing his interpersonal skills and refusing to learn "how the game" is played.

Uncle Ben was an avoidable yet tragic situation, but so much of his life hardships could have been avoided had he just stood up for himself in key moments that he always faltered to do. I mean, I could expand on this if you'd like, but it just irks me and is a personal pet peeve of mine when someone had MAJOR potential and they continually waste it away doing dumb shyt. There is really no reason Peter Parker couldn't or shouldn't have a family with Mary Jane and a lil mini Stark level empire but because he wouldn't do simple shyt like go to his last few college classes to finish his doctorate or humble himself to work with established veteran heroes constantly knocks him back to square one.

Its frustrating, lol.

Think about it, all the major Marvel and DC properties of the 90s were and STILL ARE some of the top properties in comics today in 2014. What messed things up was the large amount of indy imitators and the major companies being threatened by competition rather than sticking to their guns and keeping the characters true to their core. BUT long run, it was an experimental stage for the industry and I think its better NOW for the struggles they went through.

The hard times make you stronger and appreciate the prosperity age comics are having now

Marvel messed up Spiderman because they never let him be the responsible adult he should have been.
Someone at marvel keeps fukkin the simplest story up.
Spidey should have grown up to be a married avenger and live in avengers mansion with kids and mj.
It was simple as that and work on Peter just being a great guy/husband/dad. The book was simple, he just goes out at night and stops a mugging or two.
Runs into stopping more hardcore villains and plots from exploring we swinging or if mj has kid schooling and web slinging with his kid.

It was that simple.
How they ruined the character using depressive angles and content truely disrupted my love for comics.
Plus, it has gotten to the point I have a disconnect to comics as well.

Them ruining spidey and all of comics pretty much makes me loathe even watching the movies cause they will fukk it up.
When before all this comics were all good.
It just depended on taste. Now it is like all the mags suck and no need to read one ever again.

Art Barr

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Marvel messed up Spiderman because they never let him be the responsible adult he should have been.
Someone at marvel keeps fukkin the simplest story up.
Spidey should have grown up to be a married avenger and live in avengers mansion with kids and mj.
It was simple as that and work on Peter just being a great guy/husband/dad. The book was simple, he just goes out at night and stops a mugging or two.
Runs into stopping more hardcore villains and plots from exploring we swinging or if mj has kid schooling and web slinging with his kid.

It was that simple.
How they ruined the character using depressive angles and content truely disrupted my love for comics.
Plus, it has gotten to the point I have a disconnect to comics as well.

Them ruining spidey and all of comics pretty much makes me loathe even watching the movies cause they will fukk it up.
When before all this comics were all good.
It just depended on taste. Now it is like all the mags suck and no need to read one ever again.

Art Barr

Pretty much, I think we saying the same thing. They keep regressing Peter and it gets frustrating.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Pretty much, I think we saying the same thing. They keep regressing Peter and it gets frustrating.

That is more because the principals at marvel are Indy hacks and really never did comics well in Loeb and Quesada.

Art Barr

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I don't like Deadpool. I liked him in the early 90's when he made his debut and was just a mercenary who cracked jokes. When they started doing the fourth wall breaking and having him appear in everything my opinion changed.

Batman is too powerful. Batman is my favorite superhero of all time but I don't like how they've made him this God level hero. Up until the late 90's he was the shyt but now they're over doing it with the prep time BS.

Wolverine is on some God level tier. The way he was written up until probably the mid 90's his healing factor had its limits and he could be killed but now dude can regrow limbs, survive nukes, etc.

I think the X-Men movies have been some of the best comic book movies ever made.

I hate Damien (Batman's son). I was hoping they would retconned him out of existence when they did the New 52.

Jason Todd should have stayed dead. I like Red Hood but to me having Todd dead was a constant failure over Bruce’s head that I loved.

Bucky should have stayed dead. See Jason Todd above.

I think the big two companies should do massive reboots of their universe every 20-25 years. Some of these characters have existed for over 50 years and way too much continuity.

Wasn't a big fan of Spectacular Spider-Man. I preferred the 90's show even though it hasn't aged well.

Last edited:

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His costume is bland :francis:

Wtf does T'challa/T'chaka even means? Made up names by honkies to sound exotic? :beli:

He built up Wakanda from a "poor" country (in western terms) to the most technologically advanced nation in earth in what, 10 years ? :wtfutalkinbout: That's even more absurd then Batman learning AND mastering all the world's martial arts in a span of 10 years :dead:

Jason Aarons is a scumbag prick who made Storm a fukking whore :pacspit:

Overall marriage was forced/recton :beli:

The divorce was even worst, thanks to Aaron in AvX and bytchass cac Xstans :pacspit:

His books overall were BORING. Priest run expanded the universe but, he was ill-treated afterwards :francis:

He gets no p*ssy now, not his fault but the writers :francis:

He has no heir (that is cannon). Reed Richards has one but not a African king?? :beli:

He's a boring character overall. No secondary characterization like Stark or a mean-streak like Logan. Maybe that's not his style, he's just TOO refined :francis:

Lost the throne to his sister. Thankfully she's dead. What man does this? :beli:

Yes he's strong, powerful, and well educated, an alpha black man that is a positive character to read and look up too, BUT he's heavily underutilized, an eunich, portrayed as a horrible husband, lost the throne to his sister, married a whore with tons of beggage, lost WACKanda to Storm's fling, didn't kill Namor for fukking Storm and destroying Wakanda, and has no queen/heirs which is crucial in African tribal customs :francis:
Namor smashed Storm?:dwillhuh:

samtalksradio

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Belle Glade FL
The Batman spam from WB is getting annoying, we get it his Batman does he have to be the center of attention every time? gee give Batman a rest already, the JL movie should be about the other characters, but nope more Batman promotion. Batman is getting annoying, in to overpowered Batman can defeat the entire JL? really? :stopitslime:

:camby: B-man.

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batman is dope and all but when you break it down he's a billionaire that dresses up at night and beats up poor people

Could you picture a batsuit on Mitt Romney as he beats up crackheads and shyt?

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
It's more than a little embarrassing that DC doesn't know how to properly push black characters. Both Kaldur and Green Lantern are the result of WB. Static is milestone. Bronze Tiger is badass, should have been in suicide squad and should be featured in a book. He could catch on, being that he's the DC's answer to Black Panther. Black lightning is a solid B player at best, he has nothing going for him that makes me think he can be the "man".

Vixen should have Cyborg's spot because she looks good and her powers are underrated. . Cyborg will never be a successful black character because he doesn't have a dikk and I can't relate to Batman's computer.

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
It's more than a little embarrassing that DC doesn't know how to properly push black characters. Both Kaldur and Green Lantern are the result of WB. Static is milestone. Bronze Tiger is badass, should have been in suicide squad and should be featured in a book. He could catch on, being that he's the DC's answer to Black Panther. Black lightning is a solid B player at best, he has nothing going for him that makes me think he can be the "man".

Vixen should have Cyborg's spot because she looks good and her powers are underrated. . Cyborg will never be a successful black character because he doesn't have a dikk and I can't relate.
If Will Smith wasn't in Suicide Squad I think they would have had him in the movie. It sucks because he's actually a decent character but there was no way they were going to have Smith play anyone other than the lead and Bronze Tiger is not a A level character.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
If Will Smith wasn't in Suicide Squad I think they would have had him in the movie. It sucks because he's actually a decent character but there was no way they were going to have Smith play anyone other than the lead and Bronze Tiger is not a A level character.

Maybe not A-level, but I can see him being popular like Luke Cage and Iron Fist. He has a cool design, cool motif, and he's a legit badass threat. what else more can you want? :yeshrug: Let him go all bloody roar, give him a chakra blast, and shyt like that that and let him go loose and I swear he'll be that dude. I'd love to see him square up against a titan like Wonder Woman and hold his own.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't been able to get into Marvel Comics like others here for years now. They either focusing on events, changing stuff to fit the films, or trying to be too progressive.

I can still mess with them from the 1990s on down though.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't been able to get into Marvel Comics like others here for years now. They either focusing on events, changing stuff to fit the films, or trying to be too progressive.

I can still mess with them from the 1990s on down though.

Agreed. I find out very difficult to get into Marvel (especially now with their reboots, loads of new characters, and new number ones every four months). Right now I'm only reading Vision, Black Panther and Nighthawk.

People in the comic book thread bring up all these Marvel characters and storylines and I'm like :dwillhuh:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. I find out very difficult to get into Marvel (especially now with their reboots, loads of new characters, and new number ones every four months). Right now I'm only reading Vision, Black Panther and Nighthawk.

People in the comic book thread bring up all these Marvel characters and storylines and I'm like :dwillhuh:
I forgot about all those multiple number 1s.
And about the reboots, I would prefer them to just do a DC style reboot instead of constantly changing stuff.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Don't even read that shyt breh.
Stick with the Jim shooter era marvel and you are good.
You go out of that and you get wack nineties depresseive teen mother's group ruined comics and cartoons, over thought bullshyt.

Art Barr