Statik Selektah Calls Out Rick Ross, Says He Will Smack Solar & Kanye Told Him Jazz Was Dead

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
his recent album was kinda wack, honestly.. hes a dope DJ/Producer, tho..

anyone know if he still does the live stream of his weekly show..? we used to have a weekly thread on :hamster: that was kinda live.. Statik would actually play tracks you asked in live chat.. :leon:

His new album is awesome compared to his prior albums. I kinda gave up on statik until I heard Birds Eye View

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
:comeon: Birds Eye View sh!ts on any track on the new project.. easily..

just not feeling his new album.. few tracks are ok, but his last one was his best work imo..

What I meant was... I stop caring about static selector UNTIL he drop that Birds Eye View joint because that song was awesome. His beats/material from 2009-2012 were whatever to me. Outside a few songs with Reks.

We all are entitled to our opinions but his latest album What Goes Around is his most critically acclaimed album and everybody that played it loved it besides you.

Poster of the Year huh?:usure:

Last edited:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
the only Statik album i played like that was his first one.
made decent EP's out his others though.

‘Yo, I like this beat but jazz is dead.’
i hope Kanye said this with the same Henny induced fervor he delivered the Taylor Swift one.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What I meant was... I stop caring about static selector UNTIL he drop that Birds Eye View joint because that song was awesome. His beats/material from 2009-2012 were whatever to me. Outside a few songs with Reks.

We all are entitled to our opinions but his latest album What Goes Around is his most critically acclaimed album and everybody that played it loved it besides you.

Everybody I know likes the new Statik album also and quite a few didn't care for his earlier stuff either, myself included.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is nonsense. Does that change the music? Is his music not good because he lied about something? The fukk. Is Nas not a good rapper because he said Scarlett was a female rapper he found, but it was really him?

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Jazz been dead for damn near forty years. :skip:

Yeah, HipHop kinda carried it's corpse around for awhile on some Weekend at Bernie's type shyt, but the fact still remains...

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

new album has some bangers on it, but its too long/has some filler. Static is best fit to only contribute a few tracks to a release instead of holding down a whole album imo. I feel the same way about Domingo's new joint

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm Surprised to hear that from West

This song literally came out a year before west made that statement.

Keys flipped the hell out of that sample. The original is a quiet storm type joint with Jazz elements in it. That's what you are supposed to though, chop a joint to get around those clearances if possible. That's what messed a Tribe Called Quest up, all of their earlier stuff were loops and they couldnt continue to do it that way :manny:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What else did he say about Nas lol. It's crazy that he can't get Nas on a beat...