Statistically more white people are killed by police

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
:manny: im being honest..youre projecting

The fact is youre still discussing 2 different issues..is there police corruption /mismanagement and apathy YES..but somehow they still put away way more white murderers of white people everyday despite being as crooked as they are....Black murderers on the other hand get to make rap videos on youtube recounting their exploits and taunting the friends and family of their victim.

The community has more of an impact on crime than the police ever will..and apparently were willing to put up with killers and drug dealers so expecting an external force to remove that element short of a full military siege is unrealistic.
Except the accountability report showed systemic racial bias in the Chicago police force. Your whole "it's snitching" narrative is a deflection of the problems of policing in that city or any other (which I'm sure you were moving towards). This thread is about policing not the code. If you want to have another discussion about that start another thread. You and the OP are just using Chicago like every other white person to try to avoid an issue. The what about black on black crime or it's their fault for being in that situation just shows your dishonesty and who you really are as a person.

If your argument is if blacks cooperated more than they would be less likely to get hurt by a cop then I'm gonna have to call you kinda ignorant also, because as you know cooperation isn't the issue.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
of course whites are more likely to be into weird sexual shyt. i know we have a monopoly on weird psycho crimes.

that lady they just found locked in a container for 2 months and chained by her ankles... you think i had any doubt that that the guy behind that was a cac :stopitslime:

there are racist cops just like there are racist people in all walks of life. but if there's a group of people that ARE being killed by cops at a higher percentage rate in proportion to their population than maybe... just maybe... it's because they commit more crimes and find themselves in more situations with the police. and not because there is an entire system out to get them.

select instances of bad cops doing the wrong thing doesn't change the facts across the board. the majority of people killed by police last year were WHITE.

At least you finally revealed your true intentions.

Young black males in recent years were at a far greater risk of being shot dead by police than their white counterparts – 21 times greater, according to a ProPublica analysis of federally collected data on fatal police shootings.

The 1,217 deadly police shootings from 2010 to 2012 captured in the federal data show that blacks, age 15 to 19, were killed at a rate of 31.17 per million, while just 1.47 per million white males in that age range died at the hands of police.

One way of appreciating that stark disparity, ProPublica's analysis shows, is to calculate how many more whites over those three years would have had to have been killed for them to have been at equal risk. The number is jarring – 185, more than one per week.

ProPublica's risk analysis on young males killed by police certainly seems to support what has been an article of faith in the African American community for decades: Blacks are being killed at disturbing rates when set against the rest of the American population.

police-killings-2-graphic-630.jpg

The black boys killed can be disturbingly young. There were 41 teens 14 years or younger reported killed by police from 1980 to 2012 ii. 27 of them were black iii; 8 were white iv; 4 were Hispanic v and 1 was Asian vi.

That's not to say officers weren't killing white people. Indeed, some 44 percent of all those killed by police across the 33 years were white.

White or black, though, those slain by police tended to be roughly the same age. The average age of blacks killed by police was 30. The average age of whites was 35.

Who is killing all those black men and boys?

Mostly white officers. But in hundreds of instances, black officers, too. Black officers account for a little more than 10 percent of all fatal police shootings. Of those they kill, though, 78 percent were black.

White officers, given their great numbers in so many of the country's police departments, are well represented in all categories of police killings. White officers killed 91 percent of the whites who died at the hands of police. And they were responsible for 68 percent of the people of color killed. Those people of color represented 46 percent of all those killed by white officers.

In their study, there are stats which show that the difference is not related to a higher volume of crime.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An independent analysis of Washington Post data on police killings found that, “when factoring in threat level, black Americans who are fatally shot by police are, in fact, less likely to be posing an imminent lethal threat to the officers at the moment they are killed than white Americans fatally shot by police.” According to one of the report’s authors, “The only thing that was significant in predicting whether someone shot and killed by police was unarmed was whether or not they were black. . . . Crime variables did not matter in terms of predicting whether the person killed was unarmed.”

Aren’t more white people than black people killed by police? Yes, but no.

policekillingstrendlitrsd3.png

blackpeoplemorelikely6qqwv.png

notaboutcrime9sq6e.png

What the Data Really Says About Police and Racial Bias

Also, how would you explain this?

Racial Gap in Men's Sentencing

- Prison sentences of black men were nearly 20% longer than those of white men for similar crimes in recent years, an analysis by the U.S. Sentencing Commission found.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Racists like you are so annoying. You try to excuse police violence by conflating it community violence when they're independent and can both be tackled. And the latter isn't the cause for the former. And why do you keep linking to that blog as if it's some kind of authority? You can link directly to the Chicago police stats. I did like his "free shyt matters" article though - he definitely doesn't have an agenda.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Racists like you are so annoying. You try to excuse police violence by conflating it community violence. And why do you keep linking to that blog as if it's some kind of authority? You can link directly to the Chicago police stats. I did like his "free shyt matters" article though - he definitely doesn't have an agenda.

No, but community violence most definitely leads to more police violence.

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
Except the accountability report showed systemic racial bias in the Chicago police force. Your whole "it's snitching" narrative is a deflection of the problems of policing in that city or any other (which I'm sure you were moving towards). This thread is about policing not the code.
:francis: And your argument or where it seemed you were headed was that the high murder rate is somehow related to the perceived ineffectiveness of the police force ...which is a HUGE fallacy they are completely unrelated.
The very idea that most people are just potential criminals walking around waiting for the police force to look the other way should be detestable to you especially as a Black man...

If you want to have another discussion about that start another thread. You and the OP are just using Chicago like every other white person to try to avoid an issue. The what about black on black crime or it's their fault for being in that situation just shows your dishonesty and who you really are as a person.

Im NOT white..and every summer i see the makeshift memorials spring up,the weeping mothers on the TV urging the police to "do something"..yet the tipline phones arent ringing,Witnesses dont come forward or miss the court dates,relatives and friends hide suspects they know for sure are guilty in their homes till things cool down,Friends and relatives make straw purchases of guns, the people who come forward and tell the truth are ostracized and the liars and killers are given elevated status..telling the truth makes you a "bad guy" and theres a party every-time a suspected killer is released because the case against him fell apart.

If your argument is if blacks cooperated more than they would be less likely to get hurt by a cop then I'm gonna have to call you kinda ignorant also, because as you know cooperation isn't the issue.
Thats a strawman..that was NEVER my argument...i was just pointing out that pointing the finger at police corruption is a red herring

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
:francis: And your argument or where it seemed you were headed was that the high murder rate is somehow related to the perceived ineffectiveness of the police force ...which is a HUGE fallacy they are completely unrelated.
The very idea that most people are just potential criminals walking around waiting for the police force to look the other way should be detestable to you especially as a Black man...

Im NOT white..and every summer i see the makeshift memorials spring up,the weeping mothers on the TV urging the police to "do something"..yet the tipline phones arent ringing,Witnesses dont come forward or miss the court dates,relatives and friends hide suspects they know for sure are guilty in their homes till things cool down,Friends and relatives make straw purchases of guns, the people who come forward and tell the truth are ostracized and the liars and killers are given elevated status..telling the truth makes you a "bad guy" and theres a party every-time a suspected killer is released because the case against him fell apart.

Thats a strawman..that was NEVER my argument...i was just pointing out that pointing the finger at police corruption is a red herring
I didn't say that. I was trying to steer the conversation back to the topic of police brutality instead of turning it into another "what about black on black crime" ordeal. Obviously that's what you and the OP want to do. Blame blacks and claim police are doing their damnedest with what they have. And the ineffectiveness of the Chicago police isn't perceived its documented and accepted. Unlike your debunked Harvard "study."

I didn't call you white either, there's no reason for me to care what race you are when your arguments are something white conservatives bring out every time this discussion is brought up. Also that appeal to emotion was pretty good, I'll give credit there I guess.