Stephen A Smith brought up "Black on Black crime" while speaking on Mike Brown on First Take

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
A true thug is Zimmerman who attacked cops, beat up women, frequently threatens people with guns, and molested children. But yet, the thug in the case was someone who smoked weed a few times. :beli:

You know better than that, the "thug" in that case was "Black culture" That's not a war we can win, without control of our image in the mass media.

the same media which refers to white teens as smoking "Pot"

but black teens as smoking "weed".

To white people who have never ever seen a black person in there life, RAP is Black culture. And since mainstream rap is violent Blacks are violent.

It's not a simple as Black kid smokes weed he's a crazed killing machine. OR Maybe it is and I'm dense and confused.

But I really believe that the reason that shyt resonates with so many people is that you can just point to a rapper. his lyrics, and what the companies put out, and it makes us harder to humanize.

It's typical message board spiel.

Black person: Damn look at all the proof, That police officer murdered that boy.
White person: I mean ok, yeah he probably did, BUT, he was gonna turn out to not be shyt anyways...

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
....Saying that and I make take a bit of criticism for this. We do deserve a BIT of blame. Because, we are placed in a situation where the game is dirty. We get comfortable with a bit of mud on our people. For example, a lot of us, may not be from the streets, but we AREN'T FAR from being connected to the streets by a longshot. I grew up in a small suburb not a mile from where shyt goes down, I played pop warner football, went to the same shytty schools, grew up, smoked weed with and hung out with some pretty shytty characters. BUT, they are MY pretty shytty characters. I got homies who grew up robbing dudes, selling dope, getting into shootouts, just doing dumb shyt all the way around. BUT, In my eyes, they aight. they made poor life decisions, had bad upbringings, Might have tried to play that kinda role to much and it cost them. Some are friends.

So it's a dichotomy. How can I be like damn these dudes done killed Q and be fukked up behind it. But Q was robbing nikkas blind, and stealing old ladies purses. BUT in the presence of my family and his family and around friends, dude wanted to be a chef or he like fixing up on old cars and he took care of his kids and never bigged up the lifestyle to his seeds.

It's complex.

Do yall see what I'm getting at?

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
....Saying that and I make take a bit of criticism for this. We do deserve a BIT of blame. Because, we are placed in a situation where the game is dirty. We get comfortable with a bit of mud on our people. For example, a lot of us, may not be from the streets, but we AREN'T FAR from being connected to the streets by a longshot. I grew up in a small suburb not a mile from where shyt goes down, I played pop warner football, went to the same shytty schools, grew up, smoked weed with and hung out with some pretty shytty characters. BUT, they are MY pretty shytty characters. I got homies who grew up robbing dudes, selling dope, getting into shootouts, just doing dumb shyt all the way around. BUT, In my eyes, they aight. they made poor life decisions, had bad upbringings, Might have tried to play that kinda role to much and it cost them. Some are friends.

So it's a dichotomy. How can I be like damn these dudes done killed Q and be fukked up behind it. But Q was robbing nikkas blind, and stealing old ladies purses. BUT in the presence of my family and his family and around friends, dude wanted to be a chef or he like fixing up on old cars and he took care of his kids and never bigged up the lifestyle to his seeds.

It's complex.

Do yall see what I'm getting at?
I had friends whom I used to grew up with got involved into crimes that damaged their lives. Most of them grew up in a two parent house and had all the latest video games, name brand attires, and expensive shoes. They grew up spoiled. Unfortunately, despite having productive grown adults as their parents and a steady home, some of them became magnetized by the street life. They became hustlers and end up in prison or dead. I had a friend who didn't need to live that life got shot in the head twice in the deal that went wrong. Implicating in criminal activities will draw the wrong attention and have you facing inevitable consequences.

Last edited:

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know better than that, the "thug" in that case was "Black culture" That's not a war we can win, without control of our image in the mass media.

the same media which refers to white teens as smoking "Pot"

but black teens as smoking "weed".

Well black kids laugh if you say they smoking pot.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
Did you think he was gonna say anything different?

ibhGRghAQACY9J.gif

This gif will NEVER get old

Maybe a remix, with Don Lemon as Stephen A :laugh:

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I hate this whole "Black on Black" crime argument..

When does a black man kill another black man, and doesn't go to jail for it?

He must not understand that people aren't protesting because of the crime. It's because Zimmerman and Darren Wilson kill black men and walk away free

And that has NOTHING to do with Black on Black crime
Hold up. Lets be truthful here. The protests and riots started WAY BEFORE Darren Wilson got off. We all know, that all our community just needs to hear the words "white cop" "and "unarmed black man" and that's when the outrage starts. Change white cop to "black man" and the outrage is MUCH LESS. That's just reality. And I know its due to America's abominable racial history, but no we do not show the same passion when a black man kills a black man. Calling Smith a c00n because he points that out is some bullsh!t.

LiIZaneFan1978

2PAC BACK
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cancelled First Take off my DVR after seeing that shyt. Will never watch anything SAS related again, dude is Alan Keyes/Ben Carson status as far as I'm concerned

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Nope.

Most hood murders are unsolved.

They have a no snitching code bruh.
Don't tell me you don't know this.

Dem goons in chicago who murdered lil Jojo are still walking.

But I'm talking about scenarios where the police know who the killer is and they still get off.... Black men don't get to go free through the justice system when they murder another black man. It just don't happen

Hold up. Lets be truthful here. The protests and riots started WAY BEFORE Darren Wilson got off. We all know, that all our community just needs to hear the words "white cop" "and "unarmed black man" and that's when the outrage starts. Change white cop to "black man" and the outrage is MUCH LESS. That's just reality. And I know its due to America's abominable racial history, but no we do not show the same passion when a black man kills a black man. Calling Smith a c00n because he points that out is some bullsh!t.

The protest was against the way the Ferguson police handled the whole situation from the jump. And once again if a black man killed another black man, He wouldn't be found not guilty, he would be in jail and justice would be served. What is there to protest against?

The black on black crime thing is just deflecting... Yes, the black community has issues that need to be addressed. But that has nothing to do with this Mike Brown issue.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
the problem with this "black on black crime" argument is that it's not valid here in the Mike Brown/Wilson situation.

There's a time & place for everything, and the problem w/ SAS is he made a perfectly good statement......then felt the need to blame black on black crime at the end.

It's just not the time & place for that b/c it has nothing to do w/ the situation.