Stephen A. Smith: KD will be remembered as the dude who left Steph Curry for Kyrie

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

2:10

- "If the Golden State Warriors advance to the Finals, unfortunately people will remember KD as someone who left Steph Curry for Kyrie Irving, more than they'll remember his championships"

- "You had a structured environment, where all you had to do was ball, with no drama, nonsense, or distractions"

Can't lie, he has a point

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He has a point, but it's disingenuous as hell considering that he and others essentially gave KD shyt over the years and helped contribute to him leaving. As I will say once again, people need to pick a KD/GS stance and stick with it. You gave him shyt when he was there and you're still giving him shyt now that he's not.

You either wanted him to stay or you wanted him to go elsewhere. Playing both sides come off as hypocritical.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
He has a point, but it's disingenuous as hell considering that he and others essentially gave KD shyt over the years and helped contribute to him leaving. As I will say once again, people need to pick a KD/GS stance and stick with it. You gave him shyt when he was there and you're still giving him shyt now that he's not.

You either wanted him to stay or you wanted him to go elsewhere. Playing both sides come off as hypocritical.

I'll say this

Joining the Warriors was the dumbest thing KD has ever done
Leaving the Warriors was also the dumbest thing KD has ever done

KD voluntarily put himself in that box

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If he wins in Brooklyn all of that goes away. We know how this shyt goes. It’s on him. LeBron has won four titles as the main guy in three separate cities and situations, and he still gets questioned after random games in the regular season. :yeshrug:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

True but I think Stephen A is saying the biggest problem is he left Steph for Kyrie of all people.If youre going to walk away from a situation where youre pretty much guranteed rings, he needed to make sure it was a team he could win with. He shouldve went to the Clippers and played with Kawhi

Daps
Curry don't have 2 of 3 rings without kd it was clear kd was best player on gs and won 2 finals MVP in his 2 healthy years

Also curry Thompson green jumped in a car 4 deep to beg kd to play with them after losing to cle in the finals

Kd never begged to play anywhere and bad luck circumstances has kept him from winning with nets

But curry in no way is better than kd outside of shooting

And he a ceiling raiser

not a floor raiser

Like kd LeBron Kobe are

Meaning curry can't carry a team he proved that last year when warrior team missed the playoffs.

He 6 ft 3 and not a good defender one of the reasons the warriors are below avg if green doesn't play.

A 6 ft 10 great player always better than a 6 ft 3 player

I say all this to say niether Irving or curry can carry a team far because of height so they both need a kd or lebron to win titles

I Kno curry won 1 without kd but that had alot of good luck and curry has the best org and one of the best coaches and a perfect system for him.

Folks just don't like kd why they say this nonsense like Steph better than him.

Kd much better overall player than Steph

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
nah what KD did was right

people didnt want him there... he grabbed his ring and dipped out to make the NBA interesting

he could have went to a team alone at this point nobody cares. spreading the NBA out evenly is the best thing that can happen to it

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
True but I think Stephen A is saying the biggest problem is he left Steph for Kyrie of all people.If youre going to walk away from a situation where youre pretty much guranteed rings, he needed to make sure it was a team he could win with. He shouldve went to the Clippers and played with Kawhi

And he would have still essentially been in the same situation that he is now with an unreliable teammate with Kawhi and his injury issues.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
It’s an unfair comparison and places Kyrie’s importance to the Nets on par with Steph and that shouldn’t be the case.