Stephen A Smith to Women: ‘Don’t Do Anything to Provoke’ Men Into Beating You'

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
People have their own ideas of what they consider provoking behavior.

For in stand, if in just arguing with a guy and he's reached his limit of listening to me talk but I don't stop, that could be enough provocation for him to beat my ass.
NO. He should remove himself from the room. Thats what I would do.

But the minute you get in his face and point your index finger within a centimeter of his skull like ive see american women do in these movies then I condone him grabbing you and pushing you out of his way. I dont mean for him to harm you doing it but yes i condone brisk contact to remove you from his personal space. And dont give me these are movies thing. The art is imitating real life in most of these.

Personally i never understood why people let arguments get to that point. Call me a punk but im quick to say "ok babe fine forget it" for just about anything. But ive seen enough youtube videos to understand how some guys get physical. Still no excuse to go overboard by punching and hitting the women but still

Last edited:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
A lot of you all have no problem accepting this logic when it comes to police brutality so why can't you accept it here?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:childplease: Stop acting naieve you as a woman know damn well women typically do far worse shyt and know exactly which buttons to push. Whether it be foul, disrespectful shyt or getting physical themselves. Its morally wrong for men to beat women in this society but naturally its acceptable. Men are stronger? Well, dont provoke a creature stronger than you then. Itd be like a human provoking a bear....you think that bear gives a fukk if youre weaker? Well you got a whole lot of men thinking like that bear. Not to mention women screaming they wanna be treated as equals but its funny how physical confrontation happens to be an exception:sas1:

Humans aren't animals though and i hate when people compare. I don't feel Women and men will ever be equal and I dont condone women "provoking" men into violence but provoke is a whole other thing in itself.

Pdiddy

Superstar
Daps
I just watched the apology again. Why the hell does Carrie Champion always have to add her 2 cents in

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
A lot of you all have no problem accepting this logic when it comes to police brutality so why can't you accept it here?
I hve no problem with a cop pushing someone back for getting in his face or beating their asses for spitting on him.

Black people like to play rebel and challenge authority just for the fukk of it even when it's not warranted or needed. If a cop ask me to get out the car i just get out the fukkin car. I have nothing to hide.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Humans aren't animals though and i hate when people compare. I don't feel Women and men will ever be equal and I dont condone women "provoking" men into violence but provoke is a whole other thing in itself.
Might as well be if you take away our moral compass. All hes saying is, dont push men too far cuz you never know what you could be getting yourself into. Some men have restraint and would never physically harm women while others would swing on em as quick as they would another male....and finding out the hard way could be fatal...

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NO. He should remove himself from the room. Thats what I would do.

But the minute you get in his face and point your index finger within a centimeter of his skull like ive see american women do in these movies then I condone him grabbing you and pushing you out of his way. I dont mean for him to harm you doing it but yes i condone brisk contact to remove you from his personal space. And dont give me these are movies thing. The art is imitating real life in most of these.

Personally i never understood why people let arguments get to that point. Call me a punk but im quick to say "ok fine forget it" for just about anything. But ive seen enough youtube videos to understand how some guys get physical. Still no excuse to go overboard by punching and hitting the women but still

For you yes but the next man may see it differently. Provoke was not a good word for these situations. He should have been more specific because a lot of people can be "provoked" by the simplest things.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
I dunno...maybe cuz were all not public servants who are supposed to protect and serve? Of course they would be held to a highet standard as far as temperment....the fukks wrong with you?:what: Dem extremes again...