Steve Munchin ( Treasury Secretary) told Trump the unemployment rate will reach 20%

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Treasury Secretary warns US could see 20% unemployment rate due to coronavirus, source says

From CNN's Jeremy Diamond

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin warned Republican senators Tuesday that the coronavirus pandemic could drive up US unemployment to 20%, a Republican Senate source told CNN.

Mnuchin's comments came as he urged Republican senators to act on economic stimulus measures totaling $1 trillion designed to avert that kind of worst case scenario.

In the same meeting, Mnuchin also said he is concerned the economic ramifications of the coronavirus pandemic could be worse than the 2008 financial crisis, the source said.

Mnuchin's comments, which were first reported by Bloomberg News, come amid a rising sense of urgency at the White House and on Capitol Hill to confront the increasingly serious threat of the coronavirus pandemic — on both the public health and economic fronts.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
They need to just stfu at this point.
Tomorrow morning the markets will crash again off this speculation and they'll have to give away another trillion dollars by Wednesday to "keep the economy afloat"
It's obvious a lot of people are going to get laid off, many already have essentially. Time to institute a temporary UBI so every one can stay in the house for the next 2-3 months and pay whatever rent/mortgage/loans are pending. Maybe even freeze all payments period so small businesses start at zero whenever things go back to normal

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
They need to just stfu at this point.
Tomorrow morning the markets will crash again off this speculation and they'll have to give away another trillion dollars by Wednesday to "keep the economy afloat"
It's obvious a lot of people are going to get laid off, many already have essentially. Time to institute a temporary UBI so every one can stay in the house for the next 2-3 months and pay whatever rent/mortgage/loans are pending. Maybe even freeze all payments period so small businesses start at zero whenever things go back to normal
these guys are idiots
adding these dumb opinions and anecdotes isnt helping anything
just shut the fukk up unless its something positive or intel on how the problem will be fixed

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
This is all from the fear not the virus. People freaking the fukk out is causing all this.
This but my sons mom made a good interesting point and it’s the fact of it’s an unknown. To add on, no one in office wants to get blamed for inaction. I don’t agree with it and find it stupid. The media has to brunt a lot of the blame for sensationalizing it. They literally created the hysteria for the sake of ratings now they’re destroying the economy and the healthcare system. The media literally has everyone running to the hospital with how they spooked everyone. I’m annoyed with this so ehh.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This but my sons mom made a good interesting point and it’s the fact of it’s an unknown. To add on, no one in office wants to get blamed for inaction. I don’t agree with it and find it stupid. The media has to brunt a lot of the blame for sensationalizing it. They literally created the hysteria for the sake of ratings now they’re destroying the economy and the healthcare system. The media literally has everyone running to the hospital with how they spooked everyone. I’m annoyed with this so ehh.

the media has you thinking that corona has a 97% death rate and only 3% recover

every day to get clicks they will have 1,000 more infections and 20 more deaths

nikkaz 21 with a cough and stuffy nose that they had every single year around this time when the weather changed but now they shook