Steve Munchin ( Treasury Secretary) told Trump the unemployment rate will reach 20%

JLova

Veteran
Daps
all this does is insight fear and panic, the person who is a little sick going to worry about being laid off gonna go into work etc.

Media has not reported anything positive. It's all doom and gloom. They've done a good job at really scaring the shyt out of people and when you think about it, if the news is all negative, there's a good number of people who figure "fukk it...we all bout to die, I'm gonna live my life". It's a perfect storm of fukkery.

This is high stress. You have to worry about not getting killed by this shyt. Have to protect your family and have to change your life for months to come and deal with constant negativity, you then have to worry about losing your job, your house, financial ruin. Media is doing too much.

People need hope. I watch the news I see no hope at all.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This but my sons mom made a good interesting point and it’s the fact of it’s an unknown. To add on, no one in office wants to get blamed for inaction. I don’t agree with it and find it stupid. The media has to brunt a lot of the blame for sensationalizing it. They literally created the hysteria for the sake of ratings now they’re destroying the economy and the healthcare system. The media literally has everyone running to the hospital with how they spooked everyone. I’m annoyed with this so ehh.
the media has ppl running to grocery stores, hospitals, their stock brokers and doing the most.
like are any of us actually scared of this shyt? really?????
i must be delusional ...there is no fear in my mind at the moment

i only fear that the fear of others can lead to fukkery

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
24 hr news cycle plus social media...recipe for disaster.

Also, millenials are a special breed of people. They give no fukks.

im sick of all these experts etc.

Where the hell were these nikkaz last month or two month ago hell even two weeks ago, now every dr has a phd in covid

clickbait quotes like

This ish could go on for two years
if you dont act now then hundreds of thousands of people will die

20 year old dies of corona oh no end of the world read the article oh nikka had leukemia but if he never had corona he would have lived :beli:

The worst thing is in two weeks or a month whenever they lift these lockdowns NOTHING Is going to change. People are still going to get corona people are still going to die

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
the media has ppl running to grocery stores, hospitals, their stock brokers and doing the most.

The only thing I worry about is people I know who work in gyms, restaurants etc. now don't have a job and how long do we expect these greedy ass corporations and companies to continue to play the we have your back work from home etc.

Hell if im a ceo and this ish goes on a month i'd start to think why aren't we paying friggin inderjit and suresh in india 4 dollars a hour if all of our employees are working from home and we paying em 50-100k.

But covid? Ain't scared hell we prob have that ish right now I've taken the train to work every day this week. I work at 3 different hospitals and two have assessment centers. Hell we prob all had covid already this year but just sipped some buckleys ate a clove of garlic slept and felt fine in a few days.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps

There are literally multiple historical benchmarks on these things to cite from as far as outbreaks and new diseases. Talking polio. There are casualties, you deal with it and carry on. This stopping the world is no good to anyone. We were literally straight a couple of weeks ago. Prime example: Italy. People are still dying and living with corpses. My solution would be to protect the elderly and compromised people. There is data showing that it is seasonal so let it ride out and keep the vulnerable tucked away while working on a vaccine for the next season. If a breh feels funny, let them stay the heck home for a couple weeks. Simple as that.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Media has not reported anything positive. It's all doom and gloom. They've done a good job at really scaring the shyt out of people and when you think about it, if the news is all negative, there's a good number of people who figure "fukk it...we all bout to die, I'm gonna live my life". It's a perfect storm of fukkery.

This is high stress. You have to worry about not getting killed by this shyt. Have to protect your family and have to change your life for months to come and deal with constant negativity, you then have to worry about losing your job, your house, financial ruin. Media is doing too much.

People need hope. I watch the news I see no hope at all.

Doom and gloom sells. The star , cbc , globe and mail prob haven't had this much traffic at their sites in YEARS. Go to the daily mail and its all doom and gloom

I mentioned before being a black man in toronto you're at a higher risk of being knifed or shot and killed due to gun violence (3 black men have been killed the past week) than to die of corona (no one in canada under 75 has died of this ish yet).

And yeah the stress is going to lead to strokes, heart attacks, brain aneurysms, depression, suicides.

Just shows you how meaningless all this ish is. Literally last week at this time life was friggin normal I remember going on a date with a chick and went to the movies at Yorkdale, buying ish online that I didn't need but because i got my income tax I was like eff . Now a week later malls are dead, theaters shut down, everyone antsy as hell.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is all from the fear not the virus. People freaking the fukk out is causing all this.

People have a right to freak out. When there is a lack of leadership its every man for themselves. The president has yet to lay out a clear articulate plan and mandate. A few guidelines nobody gonna follow ain't gonna do it. This country is held together by strings. Most Folks have 0 savings and live check to check. It can get ugly quick with any small disruption. The ripple effects from this months from now are gonna be huge. A lot of these lost jobs wont come back. They were being phased out with automation anyway. This just sped things up.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
There are literally multiple historical benchmarks on these things to cite from as far as outbreaks and new diseases. Talking polio. There are casualties, you deal with it and carry on. This stopping the world is no good to anyone. We were literally straight a couple of weeks ago. Prime example: Italy. People are still dying and living with corpses. My solution would be to protect the elderly and compromised people. There is data showing that it is seasonal so let it ride out and keep the vulnerable tucked away while working on a vaccine for the next season. If a breh feels funny, let them stay the heck home for a couple weeks. Simple as that.

I was reading what a dr said,
isolate the old and those with illnesses everybody else carry on

WHY NOT

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
People have a right to freak out. When there is a lack of leadership its every man for themselves. The president has yet to lay out a clear articulate plan and mandate. A few guidelines nobody gonna follow ain't gonna do it. This country is held together by strings. Most Folks have 0 savings and live check to check. It can get ugly quick with any small disruption. The ripple effects from this months from now are gonna be huge. A lot of these lost jobs wont come back. They were being phased out with automation anyway. This just sped things up.

There is no side hustles out there, uber is dead, hairdressing on the weekend dead, event planner dead, club promoter dead. Most people int eh service industry have no idea where their next check is coming from and rent is due shortly.

JLova

Veteran
Daps

There is fear. I know someone who hasn't left the house in 2 weeks.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The worst thing is in two weeks or a month whenever they lift these lockdowns NOTHING Is going to change. People are still going to get corona people are still going to die

I see your point but here's the thing. The flu caused something like 4800 deaths in Italy last year. This thing has caused 2800 deaths in like ten days in Italy because of the curve.

So say in the U.S. the number of flu deaths is 50,000 a year. That sucks but it's not multiples of that if we don't put restrictions in place to flatten the curve.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I see your point but here's the thing. The flu caused something like 4800 deaths in Italy last year. This thing has caused 2800 deaths in like ten days in Italy because of the curve.

So say in the U.S. the number of flu deaths is 50,000 a year. That sucks but it's not multiples of that if we don't put restrictions in place to flatten the curve.

So we should just stand still for months and months?

guess what this time next year another horrible virus will pop up and the year after too

ww2 with nikkaz dropping bombs didn’t even shut down countries