Still Dre vs Nutmeg

Which song is better? Based on beat, lyrics, hype it generated, impact, or anything else

• Still Dre

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Nutmeg

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
7th District
There was a breh the other day saying there's no song that could fukk with Still Dre, so I've been thinking:jbhmm:

So I raise Nutmeg since both songs proved that Dre and Ghost still had it in them. You could say they both incapsulate their distinct styles. Ghost is at his best with rapid-fire, stream-of-consciousness lyrics laced with slang and delivered over vintage soul samples. But then you got Dre and snoop back together for the first time in years. But they not coming back embarrassing themselves with a knockoff, retread of their old sound. They capture the same chemistry propelled them to the top while building on the old formula. All as a :pacspit:to anybody who counted them out.

I rock with both. But I gotta go with Nutmeg. The beat to Still Dre is undeniable (that bass and the piano:wow:) But the beat to Nutmeg just sounds like some just in the nick of time, hero coming to save the world type shyt. It make you believe ghost really is Ironman, shooting repulsor rays and shyt. But then the way ghost was flowing over it:banderas:

The cadence is crazy yo. And the lyrics might sound like gibberish at first, but I catch new stuff in repeat listens. Plus some shyt is just fun to say:

"Chop the O, sprinkle a little snow inside a Optimo
Swing the John McEnroe, rap rock'n'roll
Ty-D-Bol, gung-ho pro, Starsky with the gumsole
Hit the rum slow, parole kids, live Rapunzel"

"Lightening rod fever heaters, knocked-kneed a sheeba for hiva
Diva got rocked from the receiver bleeder"

But anyway, what y'all think?

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
That opening verse on Nutmeg is one of my favorite rap verses ever

Sick way to start an album
That shyt made me tear up the first time I heard it. I swear I kept rewinding that beat drop over and over before I heard the whole song. It really was a great feeling that I’ll never forget.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
great duel

I listened to SC every Sunday for 4 years during workouts, one of my alltime favorite albums

BUT Still Dre wins here. It's such a standout even on a great album

SC is so fire that it's like one dope ass song with no drop off.

Still Dre, to me, is the best beat ever on a Dre project.....Dre and Snoop back together...dope hook

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I love SC and Nutmeg but Still DRE is iconic. When it comes on everyone knows it