Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
The thing is, people are calling for people further to the left of these guys on economic issues not necessarily on social issues. Manchin is not a reliable economic vote.

Correct

LOL. No, that's not the type of legislation that Manchin would hold out on. The $2000 stimulus is going to happen.

Exactly. I expect him to vote yes on whatever economic agenda the Dems have, the social issues are where it could go either way.

:beli::skip:

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That's like saying be Happy you're getting moldy bread instead of Starving. Biden over and over again stated win the POTUS and GA and everyone gets a stimulus, minimum wage at $15, VRA, etc. He could get Republicans and Democrats to work together. So far it's been a disaster.
No minimum wage

Means tested pared down Covid relief

VRA, infrastructure, police reform all DOA

And he still hasn't cancelled $10K it was all BS to get elected. Otherwise he'd have Sinema, manchin etc fall in line

How are you going to sell that to voters and expect them to vote for you? You can't.
Unfortunately this is the truth. This thread has great info + sources but a lot of people are placing it all on Biden, when it’s these people in Congress who are pulling the strings.

On the flip side if Republicans had won we wouldn’t have gotten anything at all. It’s a lose-lose situation. Unless you pull a page from the NOI and build your own communities or something

Does anybody know how the unemployment tax forgiveness will Benefit those who did have taxes taken out?
If you didn’t have taxes taken out I’d imagine it won’t affect you

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Unfortunately this is the truth. This thread has great info + sources but a lot of people are placing it all on Biden, when it’s these people in Congress who are pulling the strings.

On the flip side if Republicans had won we wouldn’t have gotten anything at all. It’s a lose-lose situation. Unless you pull a page from the NOI and build your own communities or something

If you didn’t have taxes taken out I’d imagine it won’t affect you

I didnt have them taken out. I'm reading it as 10200 of whatever UI received will be non taxable which will help me tremendously

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
is it possible that they shot too high by doubling the min wage in 5 years, and they should have just went with 12 and then raised it again after 12 worked out?

id rather have 12 actually happen than 15 "get fought for" and not happen. no one would have got away with voting no for 12
I was thinking the same thing
$9.75
$10.50
$12

should have been their targets over a 5 year period

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Question about unemployment
Ok they will extend till september
But if your benefit year expires say in april do you have to file a whole new claim ?

Daps
I get Biden can't do everything on his own. But the fact he's glossing over the 10k student relief over and again is horseshyt. That was a campaign promise. Do it.

In other news, dems are hurting themselves whittling this bill down piece by piece but Biden is making them push this thing through like it's the only thing he'll get done his entire presidency, I hope that's not the case. But it very well may be.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You been in here crying for weeks about 'sPeAkUr mUhCaRtHy and lEdUr mCcOnNeL' because you still have to mask at Wal Mart, but Manchin ratfukking his own party for no reason gets a :yeshrug:?

:russ:.
i support masks at walmart :dahell: ill wear a mask at walmart for years. but yes, im done with only leaving the house like a fukkin robot to get groceries and takeout. biden's refusal to even talk about reopening is a failure of leadership, as we see with the texas announcement

and as to manchin, im not stupid enough to assume he was going to go along with the progressive agenda. im sorry you cant say the same :mjlol:manchin isnt "fukking anyone over" by being the same person hes always been his entire career

progressives wrote a check they never had the means to cash. its time you deal with the reality of the situation