Stone Mountain: Anti-KKK protestors clash with Pro-Confederate flag demonstrators

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
A 'white power' rally in Georgia on Saturday turned violent as counter-protesters clashed with police who attempted to block them at the popular Stone Mountain park.

At least nine people were arrested after they allegedly fought with police in an attempt to attend the Rock Stone Mountain rally in the Yellow Daisy lot at the DeKalb County park, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution (AJC).

A group of about 300 counter-protesters could be heard chanting, 'Hey hey, ho ho, the KKK has got to go' and 'Black Lives Matter' as they wanted to protest the group of about 30 'pro-white' rally participants.

Organizers for the event initially told park officials that members of the Ku Klux Klans, Aryan Nation sects and other white nationalist organizations would attend the event that was part of a 'push-back against the momentum for removing the Confederate Flag from state and city properties, the Atlanta Daily World reported

According to the AJC, efforts to reach the 'white power' demonstrators by the groups who opposed their views turned chaotic as they had to first face off with authorities who were blocking a road at the park.

When police turned them away, the counter-protesters tried to reach the 'white power' group by taking a wooded trail.

'We're trying to get to where we can protest them,' Craig Clark told the AJC.

Once they reached a spot where they spotted Confederate flags, police stopped them from entering.

At this point, that's when the exchange erupted in violence as the counter-protesters threw rocks and fireworks toward the barricades and emptied trash cans, the AJC reported.

To keep the groups apart, officers in riot gear encircled the Rock Stone Mountain rally participants.

Officials said that counter-protesters fought with police who were trying to prevent them from getting close to the 'pro-white' rally.

The AJC reported that some people who refused to take off their masks were also arrested.

WGCL reported that a man wearing a confederate hat was attacked by counter-protesters and appeared to suffer minor injuries.

Some of the hundreds of counter-protesters present at the park said hat they wanted it to be peaceful event.

Church member Scott Maddox, who decided to leave when the violence erupted, told the AJC: 'I came here for a peaceful rally. When you start throwing rocks… that is not what this is about. We are not gonna be a part of that.'

Read more: Anti-KKK protesters arrested at 'pro-white' rally in Georgia
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

337AA52500000578-3555549-image-a-62_1461442398130.jpg

337ABE2000000578-3555549-image-a-57_1461442267383.jpg

337AA9E500000578-3555549-image-a-63_1461442429508.jpg

337AAA4500000578-3555549-image-a-64_1461442432338.jpg

337AAA6D00000578-3555549-image-a-65_1461442587897.jpg

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
Stone Mountain: Anti-KKK protestors clash with Pro-Confederate flag demonstrators

More like they clashed with police.. because from the looks of things they never made it to the actual Klan-flag demonstrators themselves, luckily for those demonstrators.
Salute to all the people who show up to protest these white supremacist gatherings :salute:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

I went out there brehs. I was a few hours late for the main fuccery tho. By the time I pulled up most of them Cacs had tucked tail and ran. It was still multiple groups of nikkas walking around in all Black just looking like they was waiting for some shyt to pop off. The few Cacs who was left all pulled them Confederate flags down off they trucks and was looking shook. You could tell which ones was the KKK fools tho, they was all in them lifted ass pickup trucks with the flag poles in the bed. Just didn't have no flags on them. Also saw some Cac fools with they shirts turned inside out or no shirts on at all. My guess is they showed up with some racist apparel on and quickly took that shyt off once the drama started.

I ran across some dudes from Hambrick Rd and they was like them Cac b*stards had lowered they flags about an hour or 2 before I pulled up. Most left but a few stayed and had convened in one of the event parking lots trying to be bold and the Hambrick nikkas was circling around them trying to get at them but 12 wouldn't let them get close. Odd thing was the majority of them Cacs was from some white power group out of Illinois. Saw a bunch of Illinois and Iowa tags on the few lifted pick ups that was left. They came down here just for the rally. Makes sense tho. GA Cacs know better. Yeah Stone Mointain Park and the mountain itself is racist as fukk. But the city of Stone Mountain is Black AF along with the rest of Dekalb County. Yeah we got plenty of racists in GA but they keep they shyt under they breath in the metro.