Storytime: First time I met Roy Jones Jr....

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I’m watching my grandma tonight bored out my mind, so I figured I’d drop a lil story...

It was nothing spectacular but I took an L so fukk it, why not share.

So this was around 2008.. I had just finished bootcamp in the winter (in chicago) and was sent down to Pensacola to go to NAS/Corey Station

So I get there and I’m chillin... in great shape but my stress fractures were just in the beginning stages (already:stopitslime:)

So there was 2 nikkas that I rolled with. One was my hating ass roommate and another was a classmate of mines. Me and my classmate used to go hoop in our spare time (back in the days when I hooped) and we both used to box and were boxing fans so we always got along.

So one day I meet him at the gym and he’s hooping with some local cats... they didn’t look familiar to me so I was just lacing up on the sidelines until they finished. My boy picked me up and asked me..

Homie: “You know who we playing right:usure:

Me: “Nah.. should I:dwillhuh:

So he’s like: “aight, you check the lightskin cat right there:mjgrin:

I’m like whatever... I don’t play serious so idgaf.

I get up close and the negro I’m checking and it’s none other than Roy Jones Jr..

I’m like :francis::mjcry: because I’m a physical cat and now I can’t really play my game in fear of catching a life ending 2-piece from this nikka.

So we start and Roy isn’t really doing shyt YET. He got some big fat guy thats killing everyone in the post on his team. My boy is skinny athletic so he’s zipping around like the flash and I’m more stocky/solid but I could shoot and great at setting nikkas up.

Roy gets the ball on the fastbreak 1v1 and in my mind I’m like “fukk :damn:

nikka crosses the entire shyt out of me on some smooth stuff.. went in his bag. He was extremely quick on his feet.. and I thought I was quick. I still have flashbacks of it till this day.

After that I started getting dropped tf off by him to the point my nikka is like “switch onto the big dude my guy:francis:

I don’t remember who won or loss and we ran a couple more I think but I was like fukk this.. im gonna stick to lifting for now.

But he was cool, didn’t talk much. No one was starstruck (I honestly think the white people didn’t even know who he was) and I’m not a groupie so I didn’t ask for an autograph or nothing. We kinda just all dapped up and left.

From what I hear, he regularly went there and hooped. I wasn’t a real hooper so I was in there sporadically. I just know we had a DIME ass marine chick that used to always be up in there and yeah... he got those:mjlol:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
2en9hr4.jpg

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Roy used to hoop and whoop nikkas ass on tv the same day
:wow:

Best H2H fighter all time in my eyez

Lived in Pensacola and used to walk by Booker T Washington every day to work. Always wished I run into Roy while I was there. I did run into Nate "galaxy warrior" Campbell at the mall. Said he was kicking it with Roy training.

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Roy a legend round here he used to come ball all the time. I live 30 min from Pensacola

he had a club over there " club dimensions" he would be in there playing pool just Chillen any body could just holla at him every body knew him so he was out like a regular dude . :salute:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Roy a legend round here he used to come ball all the time. I live 30 min from Pensacola

he had a club over there " club dimensions" he would be in there playing pool just Chillen any body could just holla at him every body knew him so he was out like a regular dude . :salute:
I’d beat the dawg shyt out if Roy in some pool tho....

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Roy seems like a cool dude.
Nah he was cool af... i fouled him a couple times on some:hubie::hubie::hubie:

He never took it serious either...

But his fatass homie and I got to chit chattin because he thought he was hot knowing gotdamn well the reason why nikkas wasn’t beating his shyt was because of Roy