Streaming Wars: Disney+ pushes past 73M subscribers, Netflix still far ahead with 183M

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Disney+ pushes past 73M subscribers, Netflix still far ahead with 183M

Disney+ subscribers shoot past 73 million, can't compare to Netflix with 183 million -- but originals like The Mandalorian help.

Disney+ is swinging with the big punches in 2020 which I'm sure is very thankful to the COVID-19 lockdowns worldwide, with a new subscriber milestone reached: 73 million.

The new streaming giant is behind Netflix which, as of April 2020, had 183 million subscribers. Disney CEO Bob Chapek said during the Q4 2020 earnings call: "I'm pleased to report that as of the end of the fourth quarter Disney plus had more than 73 million paid subscribers, far surpassing our expectations in just its first year".

"We're continuing to see positive trends. The growth of Disney plus speaks volumes about the strength of our IP, our unparalleled franchises and amazing content creators, all part of the Disney difference that sets us apart from everyone else. When you look across our full suite of streaming service, we have exceeded 120 million paid subscriptions worldwide".
Read more: Disney+ pushes past 73M subscribers, Netflix still far ahead with 183M

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
They just have the Mandalorian and the marvel TV shows when they come out. It doesn’t matter how many viewers they have because you can’t be as active on it as Netflix. There is no anime Disney only enters the public mindset when you have these new shows but that can’t carry a network for a long.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
They just have the Mandalorian and the marvel TV shows when they come out. It doesn’t matter how many viewers they have because you can’t be as active on it as Netflix. There is no anime Disney only enters the public mindset when you have these new shows but that can’t carry a network for a long.
Pixar. Also Soul about to drop in Dec on Disney+

also Disney is reworking they content

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Disney plus late to the game all that content and money and yet their library is kinda corny most of the new marvel stuff they not releasing right now and black widow they not putting it on disney plus. The mandelorian is badass and has been the saving grace but they need to cultivate new content and not no kid shyt either. Netflix out here with no fukks given and their shyt has been hit or miss...:pachaha: disney plus has potential but they need to push boundaries not everyone gonna be paying to watch g rated shows and movies...:mjlol:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm getting close to cancel Disney+. I have all of the Marvel movies on disc and they barely put out new content. Don't give a fukk about WandaVision or The Mandalorian

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
Pixar. Also Soul about to drop in Dec on Disney+

also Disney is reworking they content

That’s nice that Pixar has a movie coming out in December it’s also was kind of nice that Hamilton came out OK other some buzz which is nice the same as the Mandalorian. But do they capture wide markets like Netflix is Indian matchmaking show. If that flicks try to steal some HBO writers or just bought out HBO it would be over.

Also I know they’re trying to rework their content but the spaced out marvel shows and Amanda Lorian will not make a network thrive you need a lot of content. People love documentaries people love watching Nigerian movies on Netflix you need something that people are going to watch and be on daily

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Disney won't touch Netflix unless they buy outside content or start creating more regular content.

It's good if you have kids but even then 99% of the time they're on YouTube. I might watch Disney + once every 3 months. My family shares everything so we all have each other's Amazon Video, Hulu, Netflix and Disneys