Street Harassment [TW]

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps
How many of yall grew up in the hood, like the actual hood?

@CinnaSlim yea jersey city is rough. I almost got into some bs out there but nobody want parts :yeshrug:

It's rough for women in the hood. My friend used to chill with me until like 2am and she lived on the other side of town(it's separated by one long street)z I walked this girl at 2am in the hood. Aint no street lights and nikkas be trying to kidnap her.

As of now, fukk her. At the time, i had to protect even if i had to risk my safety to do it

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps
Newark nikkas are savages when it comes to street harassment. Like you would really get pinned up and grabbed for not talking to a dude.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
*Kinda OT - Just my thoughts*
So maybe saying single mothers is the wrong label? Labels are bad in general because not everyone is gonna fall neatly in a label or just one label.

I really feel the issue is with young mothers or ignorant mothers. Let's call it what it is. Irresponsible mothers or uneducated mothers.

People who didn't get a chance to grow up and mature so they couldn't teach their kids the right way to be mature, thus repeating a cycle.

~*~ On Topic ~*~
Street harrassment is harrassment. Its like a guy trying to get you to buy his book or mixtape. You say no, sorry I'm not interested and instead of leaving and turning away, he continues to get mad, trying to convince you following you down the street as you try to walk away. Finally, grabbing your arm, stopping you and saying, "oh, you think you're too good to buy my work?"

Now you don't know this man from Adam. You don't know if he will attack you or rob you. What do you do? Is it your fault for not being nice enough or for saying no?

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps

:sadcam: I remember this one late night I was walking home. This girl got off the bus with me. I walk through the hood a lot and im usually good.

It had to be like midnight, mexicans were out whistling in flip flops.

She basically tagged along with me until she reached what I believed to be was her house. I didnt say nothing, i just understood right away.

:mjcry: playing bodyguard...who gon protect me:to:

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
:sadcam: I remember this one late night I was walking home. This girl got off the bus with me. I walk through the hood a lot and im usually good.

It had to be like midnight, mexicans were out whistling in flip flops.

She basically tagged along with me until she reached what I believed to be was her house. I didnt say nothing, i just understood right away.

:mjcry: playing bodyguard...who gon protect me:to:
:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry: thats sad as fukk

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
west indian men are too touchy-feely.
There's one west Indian on a bike I see pretty often. He goes by me and calls me "Abysinnia" lol. I pretend I'm deaf. It's a tactic I used to use in the hood. But some of these dudes are shameless and forceful tryna grab at you smh.

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
:mjcry:

i can't even imagine what ya'll have heard from men over the years...or the creepy shyt they've done. depressing
i can't even blame a woman for being hesitant but it sucks since i'm not approaching on that vibe. :to:. i like to meet new people so there's another barrier now. society in general is cold already:snoop: i don't roll with anyone who acts like that. the'yd be :camby:

im a have to follow my niece when she hits high school....ready to give these lil nikkas work:demonic:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Newark nikkas are savages when it comes to street harassment. Like you would really get pinned up and grabbed for not talking to a dude.
Yep. It happened once and I was 15. Like all 9 of my brothers beat the shyt out of him. I knew from then on to not walk around by myself. It's sad but I realised then on that I either had to pretend to be deaf or acknowledge them and if I didn't I risked being kidnapped or something. Even now, I'm 28 almost 29 and I'm constantly mistaken for a teen or college age. Dudes love these young women. I know I shouldnt even be harassed but I'd rather prevent escalating it.