Street Harassment [TW]

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
There's been situations where men see me walking home and ask me if I need a ride, or if they can pay for me to take the bus, say they've seen me before at my job. This is just creepy because he's a man in a car and Im a 5'2 skinny chick walking in the dark.

Then there are guys who straight up follow me for blocks, yell their phone number and try to have conversations with me from their car when I'm not interested; Try to grab my arm, or salaciously licking their lips or flicking their tongue at me, one guy asked if I would suck his dikk. Dudes who stare at you unblinkingly until you look at them. That is harrassment.

My defense is trying to be nice to them and say sorry, no thanks, I want to disarm them. I have to make sure I am not offending them even if they are offending me because the consequences of upsetting them may be more severe. I've had to walk all the way around my block or in the wrong direction to avoid guys knowing where I live.

One dude was talking to me from his car even tho I had headphones in. I turned up my block once he pasted it, only for him to come down the other way ( he went all the way around the block) while I was almost at my house. :merchant: Some guys will go out of their way to follow a girl and think nothing of it.

So just because a girl seems like it doesn't bother her, doesn't mean she's ok with it. She may just be afraid of what could happen if you are upset.

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps
Yep. It happened once and I was 15. Like all 9 of my brothers beat the shyt out of him. I knew from then on to not walk around by myself. It's sad but I realised then on that I either had to pretend to be deaf or acknowledge them and if I didn't I risked being kidnapped or something. Even now, I'm 28 almost 29 and I'm constantly mistaken for a teen or college age. Dudes love these young women. I know I shouldnt even be harassed but I'd rather prevent escalating it.

It's crazy. I dont know where dudes are being taught this behavior. I know some women like aggressive behavior; however, you dont know that woman to know whether she likes it or not.

Old men rolling up on women in their cars are the worst. I damn near dragged a dude outta his car for beeping his horn at this little girl.

:mjcry: life is stressful for a young bruh

:mjcry: the soft spot i have for women even though they piss me off

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
It's crazy. I dont know where dudes are being taught this behavior. I know some women like aggressive behavior; however, you dont know that woman to know whether she likes it or not.

Old men rolling up on women in their cars are the worst. I damn near dragged a dude outta his car for beeping his horn at this little girl.

:mjcry: life is stressful for a young bruh

:mjcry: the soft spot i have for women even though they piss me off
It's just a fact of life. Even when I'm with my husband dudes be trying it. They're that brazen.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
I can't condone street harassment of any form. That vine was pretty fukked up, and it's even more fukked up that I know that worse happens to countless women around the world every hour of everyday.

I try to do my part. Keep my words/demeanor in check around strangers of the opposite sex, my face polite and never let my sight follow a woman for too long no matter how she looks (conventionally sexy, or conventionally pretty, or both). It's honestly sometimes insane how much work I put in so as to not react to certain women sometimes, thanks to the patriarchy I guess.

I've never actually seen a woman get accosted live, except for the occasional whistle/leer. The one time my homies made a loud comment to this white chick at Harvard Square I just told them "Come on brehs, y'all making this chick extra-uncomfortable" and that's 'cause she froze mid-walk while we walked by her. And the homies let up as soon as I said what I said out-loud.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I can't condone street harassment of any form. That vine was pretty fukked up, and it's even more fukked up that I know that worse happens to countless women around the world every hour of everyday.

I try to do my part. Keep my words/demeanor in check around strangers of the opposite sex, my face polite and never let my sight follow a woman for too long no matter how she looks (conventionally sexy, or conventionally pretty, or both). It's honestly sometimes insane how much work I put in so as to not react to certain women sometimes, thanks to the patriarchy I guess.

I've never actually seen a woman get accosted live, except for the occasional whistle/leer. The one time my homies made a loud comment to this white chick at Harvard Square I just told them "Come on brehs, y'all making this chick extra-uncomfortable" and that's 'cause she froze mid-walk while we walked by her. And the homies let up as soon as I said what I said out-loud.
Harvard square? What about Dudley Square? :dead:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Some dudes take it too far. Other dudes who simply say "hi" are not criminals.

Fellatio

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If minnesota want lebron its not harassment.... lets not forget most of these chicks aint lebron